Assistant Feedback: A Team Talk query.

Hi guys, I've recently come across a curious situation I've never encountered before. I wonder if anyone could possibly shed some light on it for me?

My Ass Man seems to be suffering from some kind of 'mental block' when it comes to his pre-match team talk suggestions.

No matter what, without exception, regardless of opposition, venue, competition, or any other factors that one may be inclined to take into consideration before giving that all important pre-match address to your players; dear old Dave can be relied upon, to come out with the same line, over, and over, and over again.

"For the fans!!!"

Fortunately, I've always been a pretty independent kind of guy anyway, and generally only click on 'ask Ass Man' just out of interest to see what he will say, before carefully choosing my own talk anyway. So it's not like this anomaly is having any effect on my game.

I've just never encountered an Ass Man who gives the same pre match team talk advice every game, regardless. I have no other issues with the guy, he's a sound Ass. Man and does a great job for me, I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, and if anyone has any idea what aspects of an Ass Man's personality/attributes govern what kind of suggestions he will be likely to come up with? (This is on FM2010 by the way).

Thanks for any ideas you feel like chipping in with. :)

Benn.

When you say he's a 'sound' assman, what attributes does he have. His capacity to give good team talks will, I think depend on his motivation and possibly man-management attributes. In-game, the quality of his advice will depend on his Tactical Knowledge attribute. So check 'em!

Thanks for actually taking the time to respond Andy. :)

Unfortunately I'm not at home tonight so can't check his attributes, but from memory, mostly the key ones (such as motivation, discipline, tactical knowledge, man management etc.) are all 15 plus.

That's why I'm a bit stumped as to why he just keeps on repeating himself. Never had it happen before, even with poor quality assmen.

He'll still throw in the odd individual "pick up where you left off" "expect a performance" etc where he sees fit, but the general pre-match team talk will always be "for the fans".

Half time and full time he's fine, and varies his advice to suit the situation at hand, just the pre-match ones he seems to be a one trick pony.

If anyone else feels like chipping in with their thoughts, that would be grand. ;):thup:

Archived