Liverpool in 2011-2012...

I found in my first season( I'm Nottingham Forest, got them promoted and am challenging unexpectedly for the title 2nd time round!), that Liverpool comfortably won the title, and this season they're 2nd but with a game in hand that would put them ahead. Hodgson's doing something right. Sadly not in the real world though.

I'm guessing you made this thread because you think its unrealistic? Maybe it is for Hodgson to do that but i fail to see how Gerrard scoring 19 goals across all competitions is unrealistic he's already surpassed those figures in three separate seasons in his career.

Has just won the treble. Roy Hodgson is still manager and they won the league by 10 points, beat Genoa 1-0 in the Champions League final and beat Tottenham 2-0 in the FA Cup final... Steven Gerrard is their top scorer with 19 goals in all competitions.

You know liverpool are allowed to be good you know ;)

Has just won the treble. Roy Hodgson is still manager and they won the league by 10 points, beat Genoa 1-0 in the Champions League final and beat Tottenham 2-0 in the FA Cup final... Steven Gerrard is their top scorer with 19 goals in all competitions.

wow what a great thread, ok sarcasm is not my strong point. Ideally this thread should of been in the team part of the good player forum section. The are club threads in there

Liverpool do well because their players perform in the ME well. They have some very athletic players with great mental stats (Dirk Kuyt is a phenom in FM11) and they just perform well. Gerrard and Torres help too. I'd love to be able to say the researcher has dropped the ball but he hasn't really, as I say they are just suited to the ME. :( Every year there's a team that appears overpowered/overrated, at least this year its not the goons. :D

Liverpool do well because their players perform in the ME well. They have some very athletic players with great mental stats (Dirk Kuyt is a phenom in FM11) and they just perform well. Gerrard and Torres help too. I'd love to be able to say the researcher has dropped the ball but he hasn't really, as I say they are just suited to the ME. :( Every year there's a team that appears overpowered/overrated, at least this year its not the goons. :D

im a liverpool fan and tbh i feel like gerrards a better dribbler in fm than irl, not sure what his stats are but he seems more capable of drifting between spaces in tight spaces compared to rl. Other than that i'd agree that the liverpool researcher has done a good job, just wish kelly had a better pa. :D

I don't think inconsistency is the right word. They weren't too inconsistent when they finished 2nd a couple of seasons back!

I think they just aren't good enough in terms of strength and depth. That's why they always struggled in the league under Benitez.

You can't really compare to the Roy Evans era, to be honest. That squad was inconsistent. It also had players who didn't 'like the big matches'. I remember the Roy Evans side could never seem to beat Man Utd, for instance.

Houllier came in and made the side more consistent and more competitive in the big games. They started beating Man Utd home and away. There was never enough quality to properly challenge for the title though, apart from one season in the early 2000s.

Then, Benitez continued the good work in terms of being prepared for the big matches and increasing the tenacity of the team. He just didn't find that final piece of the jigsaw and then it all unravelled as quickly as it came together towards the end. Kind of similar to Houllier in a way.

I don't think inconsistency is the right word. They weren't too inconsistent when they finished 2nd a couple of seasons back!

I think they just aren't good enough in terms of strength and depth. That's why they always struggled in the league under Benitez.

You make a good point there. I noticed my FM 10 save that this has been the cause for Liverpool's and Chelsea's woes.

Chlesea got hit by an injury crisis and ended up finishing in 7th because of it. When drogba and lampard went down, they had a lot of trouble scoring.

For liverpool, when they lost torres and gerrard they fell apart....completely. Finally made it back into the top ten with 4 games left in the season. Finished 8th.

Then, Benitez continued the good work in terms of being prepared for the big matches and increasing the tenacity of the team. He just didn't find that final piece of the jigsaw and then it all unravelled as quickly as it came together towards the end. Kind of similar to Houllier in a way.

The final piece of the jigsaw now plays for Real Madrid. The minute Xabi left I told all my scouse mates they would struggle. He was even more crucial to them than Stevie Me or Torres.

I would challenge anyone to say Lucas hasn't been overrated in the game with a straight face. Almost to the point of absurdity.

They came second in the first season in my game and lost the europa league cup final to Sporting. I can imagine them getting the europa league final, but not 2nd in the league. Of course, this is a game and not real life, but their players are pretty overrated. And i count Gerrard in that, but that is less objective than Lucas i suppose.

One thing is that Woy buys alot of obscure players

I would challenge anyone to say Lucas hasn't been overrated in the game with a straight face. Almost to the point of absurdity.

They came second in the first season in my game and lost the europa league cup final to Sporting. I can imagine them getting the europa league final, but not 2nd in the league. Of course, this is a game and not real life, but their players are pretty overrated. And i count Gerrard in that, but that is less objective than Lucas i suppose.

One thing is that Woy buys alot of obscure players

Honestly mate I thought the same but I went through their squad with a fine toothcomb and whilst there were a few attributes a bit out by and large it is very accurate, its just as I pointed out earlier, the things that they are good at are rewarded by the ME.

Honestly mate I thought the same but I went through their squad with a fine toothcomb and whilst there were a few attributes a bit out by and large it is very accurate, its just as I pointed out earlier, the things that they are good at are rewarded by the ME.

nah i was kidding about Lucas. People always say he's overrated, but he's just got a few good mental stats.

I think it's just gerrard that i find overrated, but i feel that about him real life so my opinion is tainted somewhat.

The final piece of the jigsaw now plays for Real Madrid. The minute Xabi left I told all my scouse mates they would struggle. He was even more crucial to them than Stevie Me or Torres.

completely agree, was so annoyed when i first heard that benitez wanted to sell him and sign barry. And then for the liverpool side to be called a two man team during 2008-09 what just ignorance. I had hope Aquilani could do a great job as i'd seen him play brilliantly for Roma but his injuries, lack of fitness and benitez got in the way of him ever establishing himself.

in real life, Lucas and Morendes (crap spelling) are just now starting to put together a few good performances in a row.

Agreed. I wasn't a big Lucas fan, but he's really finding himself this year. Who would've thought last year that we'd be saying Lucas is our better option at holding midfielder? And Meireles is proving his class, with how fast he's adapting and all. Even players like Maxi are finally making the step up. Now let's see it from Babel and Jovanovic too...

Agger is a great player when he's fit, the only thing that needs changing with him is his injury proneness (sp?). I'm not so sure that Kuyt is overrated either statwise, it seems to be more that mental stats have too much effect in the match engine. Maxi is slightly too good aswell possibly because of this. Konchesky however is very overrated (useless lump of *****), same goes for Poulsen. Kelly for me is underrated in both PA and CA. Hodgson is clearly very overrated too if he's winning titles in a decent league. Apart from those points nothing else springs to mind.

Archived