Away games problem - Best way to aproach

Hi guys

My Cambridge City team has been struggling in the last couple of seasons on the away games.

My players performance drop drastically, from dominating my games at home to struggling to even get a point out of an away game...

My field is relatively small, 102x65 I think, but I noticed this problem even in fields similar to mine...

Here goes my tactics:

issuej.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My match preparation is set at High (40%) with focus on Defensive Positioning.

I wanted to know if there's more people with this problem and how you dealt with it.

Thanks!

This sounds very odd :p

Although in real life its not un-common to have a bad away record :/

What pre-match talks do you use?

Match prep might be better if you focused on scoring goals rather than defending on away games?

Try a more defensive/counter attacking formation (maybe with five along the back) until you start dominating home or away?

Just a few suggestions, not proven to work :/

Let me know how you get on.

What pre-match talks do you use?

Normally I let my assman do them unless I think they are too weird. Most of the times "we can win today" or "wish luck", both home and away games.

Match prep might be better if you focused on scoring goals rather than defending on away games?

Somethink I never tried on, gonna try it the next away games.

Try a more defensive/counter attacking formation (maybe with five along the back) until you start dominating home or away?

Though never changing starting formation, as I'm a defender of tactical consistency, I do tried change mentality and starting strategy to more defensive styles away, having no success...

Usually away, I set my team to counter or defensive with shouts set to 'retain possession', 'work ball into box', and 'drop deeper'. Depending on how it's going, sometimes I'll untick 'work ball into box' and sometimes order them to play narrower or wider if it appears to be needed. If my team is doing well but doesn't seem to be able to score, I'll switch to control.

Hi Arrano,

The problem is, 9 out of 10 times my team is greatly dominated by the home team, so even if I retain possession, work ball into box, etc, they still have all the CCC and most of the possession...

At home, things are perfect, with very few goals against and dominating the game...

Archived