Leyton Orient 8-2 Droylsden

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/fa_cup/9260058.stm

Have you experienced such super comebacks yourselves? Sure, you have!

It has happened to me a couple of times.

The recent one while managing Vauxhall Motors.

We played against Bradford in FA Cup 1st Round and were 2 goals behind after 14 minites:

5228155751_8361fc6682_b.jpg

But the replay was much more thrilling, as we managed to claim an important victory after having conceded 3 goals (including 2 penalties) after 30 minutes:

5228884079_a0dfaeabfd_b.jpg

Having a knock may influence player's perfomance? I thought that only chances for him to get a more seriuos injury got higher...

well think about it, they have a knock which is a potential leg injury, it then comes back that they have pulled a hamstring, it would obviously hinder their movements etc

well think about it, they have a knock which is a potential leg injury, it then comes back that they have pulled a hamstring, it would obviously hinder their movements etc

But if their keeper's knock was so seriuos thei manager would make a change as AI teams always havea sub keeper on the bench. How many SOTs did your team make managing score 6 goals? To have 6 SOTs in one half is quite rare, but I guess you had more.

I was gutted, as a Norwich fan, we were 1 minute away from hosting Droylsden, and probably a live TV date!!!

Hosting Droylsden which are a Conference North team you might have a live TV date, hosting Leyton which are a League 1 team you won't?

Loving the Vauxhall Motors screenies!

I'm Stockport currently in league One, drew Norwich in the FA Cup 3rd round, who are upper Championship. At home i went 1 up then 2-1 down, but went all out and snatched a late equaliser. In the replay i was given no hope, but kept it tight and caught them on the break. The first two goals were lightning breaks after they were putting my goal under pressure.

Apologies for the quality. I posted the pic on fb from home and don't have the original with me at work

14llr4o.jpg

In the fourth round I had even more difficult test as I was playing away against Arsenal. I expected my team would lose but decided to give them a fight and chose an attacking formation with control strategy. The result was shocking as we were lucky again:

5229552322_892dee21c2_b.jpg

In the 6th Round we beat Leeds:

5229583960_babab25f82_b.jpg

... but lost Semi Final to the eventual champions Man City. I chose the same tactic that I used against Arsenal and we managed to score 3 times again but still were overplayed by the champions:

5229583964_0993064fd6_b.jpg

Moral: A comeback in one match can bring a lot of changes and lead you to the top!

awesome screenshot's ;) bad luck losing to Man City though dude! (Y)

Thanks, mate! But I actually think we stll were lucky as we scored 3 times having made 4 SOTs out of only 5 shots! I wish I always had such scoring percentage as I really hate stats like these:

5243963530_1b81574829_b.jpg

... or these:

5243963526_8fe6ecea90_b.jpg

Just be grateful you got the win!

It's all the more harrowing when you draw/lose those games and it costs you a title or knocks you out a cup.

Understand what you mean, but those are home league matches that's why I expect my team to win them. With so many shots scoring just once is so frustrating!

I was gutted, as a Norwich fan, we were 1 minute away from hosting Droylsden, and probably a live TV date!!!

Not with you being the home team. Had you been at home to Droylsden, you wouldn't have been on TV, I'm absolutely certain of that (there's a few other better for TV games that haven't been picked). If Droylsden were the home team, you'd have half a chance, but not with you being the home team.

playing a game with arsenal against man city at the emirates.

man city take the lead, i bring it back to 1-1, at half time i'm losing 3-1, tell the team to do it for the fans and win the game 6-3. still in shock

Nice U-turn!

Hosting Droylsden which are a Conference North team you might have a live TV date, hosting Leyton which are a League 1 team you won't?

Yeah, the TV stations usually televise the lowest team left, especially if they are playing a biggish side (which I think we can class ourselves as), hense why our game away to Paulton Rovers last year was televised, everyone wants to see that big upset. Norwich v Orient is just a bit meh to non Norwich or Orient supporters.

Archived