The Sports Interactive Crusade ?

... against wide players.

I've never been able to get wide men to work ( ML or AML ) on FM.

I have tried amazing players that's not the problem and LOADS of different tactics.

I have used all the tactic uploaded on this forum for FM10.

I had to use Bugels 4-3-3 in FM10 and not having wide men is soul destroying.

Agree ? Disagree ? Solutions ? ... tell me ! ! !

i'm having great succes with tottenham using my own 4231

it looks like this:

-------DM------

DL-DC-DC-DR

----MC---MC---

-AML-AMC-AMR

---------SC------- (no arrows used)

tried a tactic with arrows first which failed miserably

have some patience with this one and you'll win everythin...

(And buy Lukaku, scoring seems to be his hobby...)

ChampMan's 442L (FMH 2010)

Team:

Emphasis - Attacking

Passing - Mixed

Tackling - Normal

Pressing - Yes

Offside trap - No

Counter Attack - No

Men Behind the Ball - No

Player:

Passing - All team

Tackling - All team

Pressing;

No - GK, DRLC

Team - MRLC, FC

Pass to - All RLC

Set pieces (A);

Back - DRL

Forward - DC, MRLC, FC

Set Pieces (D);

Back - DRLC, MRLC

Forward - FC

Free role - All No

Forward runs;

Yes - DRL, MRL, FC

No - DC, MC

Run with ball;

Yes - DRL, MRL, FC

No - DC, MC

Hold up ball - All No

Long Shots;

Yes - MC

No - DRLC, MRL, FC

Through Balls - All No

Cross Ball;

Yes - DRL, MRL

No - DC, MC, FC

Marking;

Zonal - DRL, MRL

Man - DC, MC

None - FC

- FC FC ----

MR MC MC ML

DR DC DC DL

---- GK ----

Normal 442, right FC moved to centre.

Central FC - Target man (Heading 16+)

MC - Holding midfielders (DMC)

i'm having great succes with tottenham using my own 4231

it looks like this:

-------DM------

DL-DC-DC-DR

----MC---MC---

-AML-AMC-AMR

---------SC------- (no arrows used)

tried a tactic with arrows first which failed miserably

have some patience with this one and you'll win everythin...

(And buy Lukaku, scoring seems to be his hobby...)

can you send me the specifics of that formation please ?

• SI Staff
can you send me the specifics of that formation please ?

Please do bear in mind Danielxander that a tactic which works for one team won't always work for all - some tactics are inherantly 'solid' whereas some rely upon strong players in specific positions (and I've a feeling this tactic might be one of the latter).

... dont patronise me.

The tactics on this series simply dont make sense. I have used all tactics from this forum for FM2010 and the only one that works is the 4-3-3 by Bugel and that's like a cheat formation taking Nottingham Forest to the Premier League title in my second season after promotion in my first only signing moderate and realistic players. C'mon ! ! ! . I can go into a game with a standard 4-4-2 with totally superior players in every position doing what they should be doing creatively and the usual balance stuff and at the end of the season having 48 goals in 38 league games. Its absolutely insane. Its really annoying maybe I will type out my tactics that fail for you.

Enough trolling, thanks.

Suprior players doesn't mean a win. Think about Blackpool v Liverpool at Anfield and all of Blackpool's other games, they should be getting hammered but they aren't. Tactics can fail due to balance in a league, if you aren't favourites and morale is low tactics will fail 90% of the time and if you play 4-4-2 with 4 AMs in midfield you're going to lose as you won't have someone stopping their midfield playmaker then onto instructions in which can make a break a tactic as you may be restricting your attacking full backs back and therefore not using them to their strength by not using forward runs.

A tactics guide can be found here.

• SI Staff
... dont patronise me.

The tactics on this series simply dont make sense. I have used all tactics from this forum for FM2010 and the only one that works is the 4-3-3 by Bugel and that's like a cheat formation taking Nottingham Forest to the Premier League title in my second season after promotion in my first only signing moderate and realistic players. C'mon ! ! ! . I can go into a game with a standard 4-4-2 with totally superior players in every position doing what they should be doing creatively and the usual balance stuff and at the end of the season having 48 goals in 38 league games. Its absolutely insane. Its really annoying maybe I will type out my tactics that fail for you.

I'm sorry if you're struggling with the tactical side of things - if you'd like to PM me then I'd be happy to try and discuss it further with you and indeed to look at the tactics which you're using.

I'm not at all trying to patronise you - just trying to explain things in case you weren't aware; also please bear in mind that if you do know something its entirely possible that other people reading may not so advice is always helpful to post imho even if its initial target wasn't assisted directly.

PS - Most common thing I've found on FMH (and FMHi) is people seeming to think that 'pressing' is always a good thing for a team to have on everywhere, its not especially if you're playing with wingers - unless you're doing something unusual with wingers (ie. using them semi-defensively) then its normally better imho NOT to press with them so they're more likely to be in space to recieve balls when you gain posession ..

• SI Staff
Are you talking to me little boy ?

... blabbering on about gibberish that doesn't apply, I already know and superior players does mean a win.

trolling ?

Dec, please don't antagonise Daniel - I don't think he's 'trolling' - he's just frustrated at present.

However please try and be a little less antagonistic please Daniel - I'm trying to be patient with you as I'm aware you've had some issues with the product and I understand you're having problems with SEGA support/PSP Go refunds so I'm trying to take that into account.

However to be honest your threads recently have been somewhat aggressive and sometimes are not particularly constructive .... please try and avoid attacking people and try and to remain constructive in your posts.

Enough trolling, thanks.

Suprior players doesn't mean a win. Think about Blackpool v Liverpool at Anfield and all of Blackpool's other games, they should be getting hammered but they aren't. Tactics can fail due to balance in a league, if you aren't favourites and morale is low tactics will fail 90% of the time and if you play 4-4-2 with 4 AMs in midfield you're going to lose as you won't have someone stopping their midfield playmaker then onto instructions in which can make a break a tactic as you may be restricting your attacking full backs back and therefore not using them to their strength by not using forward runs.

A tactics guide can be found here.

Thanks for bringing that result back up little boy, I nearly forgot about it :D

• SI Staff
A team with low morale wont perform ... SHOCKING ... like this is my issue or relevant.

Daniel - I've edited out the non-constructive parts of your post, you've already been requested to stay polite and not attack anyone on the forums (or if you must feel free to abuse me, thats what I'm here for ;) ).

With regards to teams with low morale - in real-life teams with low morale often struggle even if they are good teams, look at Liverpool for instance or teams frequently after a popular manager is sacked (I think it'll be interesting to see how Newcastle perform in the coming weeks for instance).

HOWEVER it is possible for a team with poor morale to succeed - older players are less effected by morale than younger players generally speaking and some players actually do better with low morale (Roy Keane style players who like it when they're 'up against it').

Also bear in mind that if you look in training there is a 'Motivation' field available - which is getting in sports psychologists and suchlike to improve your teams morale and this might help your performances improve.

Also bear in mind that if you look in training there is a 'Motivation' field available - which is getting in sports psychologists and suchlike to improve your teams morale and this might help your performances improve.

Training's pointless to him so he won't use that ;)

We are only trying to help, how do we know what you know and don't know?

What you're doing is turning people off helping you as you are being unpleasent and abusive and that on an internet forum anyway is quite sad if you ask me.

I do expect an apology but I know I am not going to get one.

• SI Staff
you guys have problems with harping on about things that aren't relevant

I know about morale.

I told him that.

Now you're going through the morale part

It was mentioned that morale might make a team under-perform, my post was meant to elaborate on ways to minimise this.

As I mentioned previously support is often a 'scatter-gun' approach I'll post things which I think are constructive - sometimes they'll help the intended target, sometimes they help someone who reads the posts later.

It was mentioned that morale might make a team under-perform, my post was meant to elaborate on ways to minimise this.

As I mentioned previously support is often a 'scatter-gun' approach I'll post things which I think are constructive - sometimes they'll help the intended target, sometimes they help someone who reads the posts later.

- my bad. I'm a noob.

We are only trying to help, how do we know what you know and don't know?

What you're doing is turning people off helping you as you are being unpleasent and abusive and that on an internet forum anyway is quite sad if you ask me.

I do expect an apology but I know I am not going to get one.

- I dont want your help. There will be no apology and you dont deserve one. I dont like training. I want it gone from the game. Disagree ?. I dont care.

I don't like scouts, I want them gone.

Some things aren't about you and if you read my posts regarding your tactics trouble you will see they help you but at the moment you need to take your head out of your arse. I even provided you with a guide I made to help you figure out your problem but you can quite frankly get lost if you think I will help you now as though I have made five successful tactics you don't want my help so, that is fine.

It is all about me its MY money, MY time and MY enjoyment. I dont want you to help me. I have tried all tactics on here for FM 2010 and they all fail apart from Bugels 4-3-3 so your five successful tactics claim is hollow.

... dont hold your breathe my head is staying in my arse.

- I dont want your help. There will be no apology and you dont deserve one. I dont like training. I want it gone from the game. Disagree ?. I dont care.

That's fine as long as you also don't care that training won't be removed from the game just because YOU don't like it.

That's fine as long as you also don't care that training won't be removed from the game just because YOU don't like it.

- I do care training wont be removed. I will of course have to deal with it not being removed and I will. I would have dealt with it silently if he hadn't started crying.

* wipes tear.

Well each to their own but I can't understand why you would feel so strongly that a feature should be removed that you can quite easily ignore. If it was removed a lot of people who do like it would suffer while if it is left in, you can ignore it and nobody has to suffer.

Training is a very important part of football - both in real life and in this game. To not include such a feature would just be missing out on an important part of a managers role. If used correctly it can mean improving your players which in turn makes your job easier. But getting it wrong could mean damaging your players growth and morale.

I could understand if you don't like how training is currently implemented, but then surely it would be better to ask for it to be changed / improved rather than just scrapped.

I on the other hand don't really care about the manager holiday feature being improved. I find the current system adequate and to be honest hardly use it other than on the PC version when I start as unemployed. But I appreciate that you may have suggestions on how to improve it for how you use it and I certainly wouldn't suggest taking it out all together just because I don't use it.

Well each to their own but I can't understand why you would feel so strongly that a feature should be removed that you can quite easily ignore. If it was removed a lot of people who do like it would suffer while if it is left in, you can ignore it and nobody has to suffer.

Training is a very important part of football - both in real life and in this game. To not include such a feature would just be missing out on an important part of a managers role. If used correctly it can mean improving your players which in turn makes your job easier. But getting it wrong could mean damaging your players growth and morale.

I could understand if you don't like how training is currently implemented, but then surely it would be better to ask for it to be changed / improved rather than just scrapped.

I on the other hand don't really care about the manager holiday feature being improved. I find the current system adequate and to be honest hardly use it other than on the PC version when I start as unemployed. But I appreciate that you may have suggestions on how to improve it for how you use it and I certainly wouldn't suggest taking it out all together just because I don't use it.

- I'd like training removed and it replaced with something more useful.* skipping over technical issue's admittedly *. I've not used training in the last five iterations of the game for me it serves as FAT on the game and would be fat whether its kept the same or improved. That's your view mine is different. I'm more selfish than you are. Accept and Overcome. I notice many of you have trouble with this.

I accept it I just don't understand it. It's just not logical and like you say, quite a selfish view. But as I'm confident it's never going to happen it's quite easy to overcome it.

- you have serious issue's if you cant understand or think its illogical to replace something I dont like with something I do.

- you have serious issue's if you cant understand or think its illogical to replace something I dont like with something I do.

So you think it's logical to take something out of the game that one person(that we know of) doesn't use but nearly everyone else who plays the game does?

So you think it's logical to take something out of the game that one person(that we know of) doesn't use but nearly everyone else who plays the game does?

- That is definitely a totally different question ... the answer to this totally different question is no, that's why I dont expect them to take training out. I love the logic.

* sad face

and responding the Dec9396 about my age I'm 22.

Firstly, my name is Dec9693 not 9396. Also, you're quite narrow minded and selfish for a 22 year old.

If SI do take your advice (which they won't) then a lot more will get upset however in my view it does need improving though set pieces should be done first.

- I am narrow minded I like what I like and dont like what I dont ... crazy huh ?. I dont think there is an age limit on those characteristics but whatever. I am very selfish and getting deja vu over this. I dont care if you're upset. If it was up to me training would be gone and you babies would be crying. I would be busy not caring. I know they wont take training out but imagine if they actually did gauging how much you've cried to me there would be floods if something actually happened to your dear training and it wasn't just somebody stating his opinion. I will refer to you as OpinionPolice9396 from now on. I look forward to repeating this again for you soon.

* poofs cheeks

• SI Staff

Final warning Mr Xander - I haven't seen you post anything particularly constructive in several days and you are openly trying to bait people; if you can't restrain yourself then I'll have to remove your access for a few days in the hope you calm down and behave more reasonably.

How mature of you. I am not upset about it and actually just find you quite sad and gave you perfectly valid responses but you're refusing to actually read my posts and insteadyou're Mr FMH God.

Seriously, I cannot understand how Marc is saying you aren't trolling.

- I'm very mature. I have read your posts ... many of them several times because you like repeating yourself. I come to a thread write down my opinion and its done. If you dont like what I think that's just peachy ... dont respond. I'm not trolling Marc is 100% correct.

- REMEMBER -

... YOU replied to MY comment.

... YOU message ME and its ME who's trolling.

WTF ! !

Archived