Unrealistic crowds, not essential but irritating when it comes to realism

Maybe sorted for future patches and games

Started with Blackpool, just a few games in

at every away game (including Old Trafford), there are hardly any fans in the away end, and often there are messages saying a good crowd isn't really expected, even though it's the away fans not turning up

Now, you can bet on your life that any team who has just come up to the Premier League for the first time, like Hull last year, would pack out every away end, especially against the bigger teams.

Happened in FA Cup as well in the last game, I was Man Utd, and I'd have 3rd round home ties against League Two clubs, and there would be hardly any fans in the away end. You can bet again that a club like Rochdale, a once in a lifetime experience at Old Trafford, would sell out their end. If anything it would be the home end that sold less tickets.

Also, I know the stadiums aren't expact copies and are generally just templates, but using Fulham as an example, a 25,700 stadium, whilst one (like the Britannia) or two might have one stand with two tiers, there would certainly not be two tiers all the way round

thoughts on those two points?

Want to add that other than this I love the game!

Aye, as you say, small problem but a bit annoying. I am forever getting the "Low crowd expected" message. The worst one for me has to be playing as Ayr United away to Kilmarnock in the cup and I got that message and only 2700 were at the game! We played them a couple of seasons ago and just under 10,000 were at the first game then just under 12,000 at the replay!

Actually they broke the away fans graphics I think.. was fine in FM10... now even when there is a sellout the away side is still empty graphically... probably an easy fix but it's another of those new bugs slipping through to a new version that tarnish the game as a whole.

to be honest this is the first version i have used the 3D graphics for the game, i was big believer it was not needed to begin with, the 2D was always enough for me so i have never noticed the crowd thing. Must say tho the 3D thing is a nice feature. Oh the days when it was just txt :)

in the spanish cup, anytime i draw (mostly) a lower division team in the first round always get a message sayin record crowd expected.the grounds dont even be half full irl

Odd, never seen any first round Cup matches anywhere draw hardly any crowd... there is obviously some consistency issues.

I believe there are still some issues with the crowd, the most obvious thing to me is that they are too big when you compare them to the size of the players, another is that the celebrations in FM11 don't seem as realistic as in FM10 they all seem to jump in unison as though they are on giant trampoline. Some improvement this year but still a lot of fans standing in seated areas (come on stewards sort them out) and some of them appear to have no lower limbs. For some strange reason the crowds in the Dutch league seem more realistic than in other leagues I have played

I think that perhaps SI have been over ambitious with the crowds, if you watch a match either live or on TV they do not appear as high detailed as SI are trying to make them, perhaps just a sea of bodies with some movement would appear more realistic (just a suggestion)

just go to the editors forum, there are all sorts of databases in there

I've downloaded a 'pack' from RTC, via the Editors forum, and got levels down to 11. I'm Ascot at the mo and doing pretty good.........so far :)

Archived