The worst league?

Probably yes - unless you load one of the lower league databases. RTC's file going down to Level 11 of the English pyramid will be out soon -I'm already using the one down to Level 10 and oh boy, are the players pants!!

How's the gameplay in those lower leagues? I'd love to try them, but I've always heard that FM isn't very adept with such low leagues...?

How's the gameplay in those lower leagues? I'd love to try them, but I've always heard that FM isn't very adept with such low leagues...?

I think the gameplay is fantastic.

It's up to the amateur db creators to get the databases right without gamebreaking bugs, but once you've got them up and running they're proving very popular. The players' attributes at that level are of course very low, and boy does it show in the 3D screen! You get any amount of defensive lapses, goalkeeper howlers, scuffed open goals etc. For me the most satisfying thing is that I think you SEE the effects of your management more directly at this level. You've got to get the best out of the useless numpties you've inherited or brought in on frees, but fortunately your numpties are no worse than your opponents' numpties, so the real difference is your tactics. Given that the players' mental attributes are painfully low, it's actually very easy to out-smart the managers and players at that level.

I've actually got my 15-16 year old village lads playing quite nice tippy-tappy football after months of nurturing and it's very pleasant to watch. Now if only they could finish ...

I think the gameplay is fantastic.

It's up to the amateur db creators to get the databases right without gamebreaking bugs, but once you've got them up and running they're proving very popular. The players' attributes at that level are of course very low, and boy does it show in the 3D screen! You get any amount of defensive lapses, goalkeeper howlers, scuffed open goals etc. For me the most satisfying thing is that I think you SEE the effects of your management more directly at this level. You've got to get the best out of the useless numpties you've inherited or brought in on frees, but fortunately your numpties are no worse than your opponents' numpties, so the real difference is your tactics. Given that the players' mental attributes are painfully low, it's actually very easy to out-smart the managers and players at that level.

I've actually got my 15-16 year old village lads playing quite nice tippy-tappy football after months of nurturing and it's very pleasant to watch. Now if only they could finish ...

Thanks a lot for that. I'll have find a good database, and finally give some Level 10 football a shot. :D

Froghat - go to the Editors forum where they explain exactly what to do. It's just a case of downloading a small file which takes seconds, putting it in the right folder, firing up a new game and selecting the new database.

THX - if you just select English leagues and don't bother with any foreign ones you shouldn't experience too much delay.

Are the goals scored more realistic in this version, as I read before that hardly any were scored compared to the higher leagues, when in real life it is likely to be the other way round.

That was definitely a big issue in FM10 but it's fixed now. Not only am I scoring plenty, but the results of other matches in my league and others looks right. The nature of the goals is pleasing too - many of mine are a result of defensive howlers, mad goal mouth scrambles and so on.

Archived