Amazed

Just thought I would share a note with you all - I am totally blown away by FMHi. Years ago I could of only dreamed of sitting at my desk at work playing FM and no one has a clue I'm doing it! Not only that but I can play on the train as well!

This is only the first incarnation of the game on the iPhone, I cant wait to see what happens in the future.

Cant wait for FMHi 2011!!

• SI Staff

Thanks for the kind words - they're much appreciated and there are more than a few surprised in store in FMHi 2011 ....

(and yes I'm waiting somewhat impatiently to be able to talk about them to people ;) )

I'm also loving the 2010 version and can't wait for 2011. At the moment it's my most played game. My XBox and FM2010 on my Mac aren't getting a sniff. In fact I've got three folders full of games on my iPhone and I pretty much only play FM. Although I think it's down to not having enough time for Mac / XBox games and the wife hogging the telly as much as FMH2010 being so good but still ... thoroughly enjoying it. I almost don't want 2011 to come out as I'm enjoying my current game so much :)

is the i-phone better than the PSP version do people think - and if so, why? Just interested because I'm after a new phone, and may sell the PSP.

PSP version in my opinion is better due to the simple fact that its been around longer ;) the i-phone version is relatively new but will always be playing catch up to the PSP FMH2011 :)

IMO, you would regret selling your PSP ;)

I only had FMH2009 on PSP and while I enjoyed it to an extent I just never got into it as much as I have 2010 on the iPhone. I just can't put it down. In fact my PSP is gathering dust as there are so many good games on the iPhone at a fraction of the cost (FMH, GTA: China Town Wars, Monkey Island, Super Monkey Ball, Galaxy on Fire 2, FIFA/Pro Evo, etc).

Sure the iPhone version is a bit limited compared to the PSP version - the main points being only being able to run one league rather than three and not having as much control over tactics. But I prefer the touch screen control on the iPhone and it's pick up and play ability. For example my iPhone is ALWAYS in my pocket so if ever find myself with a spare five minutes I can jump in and play a quick game. And because my iPhone is always on, I don't have to wait for it to boot up. Hell, now that you can 'multi-task' on iOS 4, most of the time I don't even have to wait for my save game to load as it's still open in the memory. So I can literally be playing in a few seconds and a few clicks.

That for me is why I prefer the iPhone version. And I'm hoping the 2011 version will bring the iPhone version closer to the PSP version.

Archived