Merchandising feeder waiting times?

Leeds, twice Premiership champions, Continental rep etc. I asked for one merchandising feeder last year, the board said they would let me pick from a selection, and they got back to me pretty quickly with the choices. I picked an American club from a list of American and Chinese options.

When the option to request another one was available again, I requested a second merchandising feeder, and again the board told me they would allow me to choose, and would get back to me soon with the options. Looking back through the conversation logs, I see that I made this request in January. It is now July and I have not heard anything, and the Feeder Club option in the Networking section of Board Interaction is still greyed out, so I cannot re-request a feeder club for this or any other purpose. What's going on? Is there any reason why it should take this long or has some kind of bug occurred?

On FM10 within a few seasons (2-3) the merchandising feeders seemed to always get fully utilised.

I once got 3 in place, from starting with none. Chinese, American and a Japanese but if you leave it a few seasons before asking then you might find there are no suitable clubs to form a link with.

It most likely came back unsuccesful and you may have missed the board message. I miss them sometimes when it's rejected as it doesn't 'flag' up as such.

I'm usually on top of things with the news items, but yeah, I suppose I probably did just miss it. Thanks for the responses everyone.

Odd that the board managed to find several potential Chinese links for me a few months ago, but now when I ask again they apparently can't find any? I guess they forgot to write their names down or something

anyone felt it is radically harder than FM10 to get feeder club of any kind ? should this get fixed in 11.2 ?

I have received a feeder or parent club every time I have asked for one (I have four feeders and previously one parent). This is the first time I have failed to get a feeder/parent upon asking, if indeed that's what happened. Anecdotal obviously, but personally I wouldn't say it's any harder in '11 than it was in '10.

I'm usually on top of things with the news items, but yeah, I suppose I probably did just miss it. Thanks for the responses everyone.

Odd that the board managed to find several potential Chinese links for me a few months ago, but now when I ask again they apparently can't find any? I guess they forgot to write their names down or something

I had two, and my board cancelled one saying it hadn't been utilised.

That really peed me off.

Archived