Cup Shocks

cplpeters, you are right - there is nothing coming up under the search.

The thing is I know for a fact there have been dozens of threads on this subject.

If you think you are the first person to start a thread like this you are very much mistaken. That said, you are right to start a new one because the search function is awful on this forum.

No great upset to speak of, but I was Basingstoke Town on FM10 and got to the Third Round in my first season, had pretty easy draws though against BSS and BSP teams apart from Round 2 I beat League 2 side Macclesfield away 1-0! Then got Liverpool in the 3rd round and was taught a harsh lesson.......

There never seems to be any in AI matches, very rarely anyway - unlike IRL teams like Arsenal and Man Utd seem to still play their full strength squads for Carling Cup 4th round ties...

I'm in first year of managing Middlesbrough...we knocked out Aston Villa in the quarter final and Man City in the Semi-final of the Carling Cup...

I am due to play Sheff Utd in the Final after they knocked a weakend, injury hit Man Utd team out at the Quarters and Chelsea at the Semi's...

Europa League here we come...I hope!

Despite my idiot fans being 'concerned' at the result. I thought it was the result of a lifetime to take my Level 9 village club to Old Trafford in the 3rd Round of the FA Cup and lose by 1-0. Mind you, the 4th round has just finished and Premiership leaders Man U got knocked out by Bournemouth.

I also managed a 1-1 draw in the second round, to take Swindon to a replay with my wrexham side, this after beating Argyle 2-1. Hoping to win the replay as a match against Premier League Nottingham Forest Away, awaits the winner :D

Best one I think I've done was with Barnet, I was somewhere in the top 6 in League 2 and faced Barnsley, a decent League 1 side in the FA Cup 2nd round and won it 3-1. I dont usually beat higher division opposition...

Best one against me has to be at Sheffield Wednesday in the Premier League away at Championship side Portsmouth, lost 5-1.

Archived