Great Idea for selling players!

I really need feedback on this one so please help.

Until the patch is out i'm thinkin of using FMRTE to help sell any players i want to get rid of.

The idea is simple but requires feedback from the forum.

I give you details of the player: PA/CA, form, age, value, wage. (add more if needed) and you give me a sale value.

Seein as the AI bids the value i can set it to that on FMRTE and offer out.

I'll take an average of 3 1st prices.

Feedback on the idea before i start though please guys.

cheers

Is this a joke?

I am playing every day, selling players is hard yes but not impossible.

It was too easy to sign a player on a long contract and then sell them on FM10.

This is a bit more realistic. Offer more reasonable contract lengths if you are looking to sell people.

Also, players leaving on a free isn't the end of the world - it happens all the time in real life - look at Joe Cole, Martin Petrov - their clubs could've sold them but they didn't.

If it was a joke i may have started with a knock knock :)

Selling players is easy, just not to realistic. Xavi for example on my Barca save. I trialled with him to see what would get.

43 games, 12 goals and 17 assists. AvR: 7.36

32 years old on 2 year contract and 145k. Valued at 5m. What would you bid?

You could probably fetch 8m maybe 10m tops? AI you'd get 5m max.

Thats why suggested what i did! Just an experiment :)

Is this a joke?

This is a bit more realistic. Offer more reasonable contract lengths if you are looking to sell people.

Also, players leaving on a free isn't the end of the world - it happens all the time in real life - look at Joe Cole, Martin Petrov - their clubs could've sold them but they didn't.

EXACTLY!!!!

it is far more realistic in this game compared to FM10, it just seems to annoy people they cant sell their deadwood at 5 times their current value!

I am very careful who i sign and what contact i give them, if i dont see them as a long term player i offer very small contacts, if i think they will improve and i can sell i adjust accordinally.

There are still issues tho, i was able to sign a 18 year old turkish player who got upset within two months and without him playing a game i managed to get £400,000 for him, now that is crazy, no team would pay that money for an unheard of, never played a first team game player. In Fm10 you could do this with every player you signed!!

For those trying to sell big players, what do you expect? Why would Barca ever sell Xavi or Messi, why would man u ever sell rooney? Perhaps this is why the game struggles. Everyone seems to have a big chip about this game being as realistic as possible yet they will let Rooney leave on a free, or try and sell some of the biggest players in the world.................very realistic..........

If i put Xavi for sale at 5m then everyone wants to know because thats his value. I don't want to sell him, let alone at 5x his value. I was just testing it and he was the best example. Even at that age and with stats he would fetch 8-10m. Would like the game to represent that.

We all know the problems with the transfer system, i was just suggesting a short term fix with feedback on it. Just happens nobody is a big fan :( Can't win em all i suppose :)

Is this a joke?

No. It's not more realistic, it's a recognised bug. So don't defend it please.

Different people are experiencing different levels of problems. Mine isn't too bad but when I have to give players like arshavin and nasri away on frees because there is NO interest at all then it's a problem not realism.

EXACTLY!!!!

it is far more realistic in this game compared to FM10, it just seems to annoy people they cant sell their deadwood at 5 times their current value!

I am very careful who i sign and what contact i give them, if i dont see them as a long term player i offer very small contacts, if i think they will improve and i can sell i adjust accordinally.

There are still issues tho, i was able to sign a 18 year old turkish player who got upset within two months and without him playing a game i managed to get £400,000 for him, now that is crazy, no team would pay that money for an unheard of, never played a first team game player. In Fm10 you could do this with every player you signed!!

For those trying to sell big players, what do you expect? Why would Barca ever sell Xavi or Messi, why would man u ever sell rooney? Perhaps this is why the game struggles. Everyone seems to have a big chip about this game being as realistic as possible yet they will let Rooney leave on a free, or try and sell some of the biggest players in the world.................very realistic..........

what a true load of crap this post is. As a manager in a game you control, it is your perogative to sell whoever you want! If I wanted to sell fabregas for whatever reason, I'd expect teams to be biting my hand off to sign him. Ad if it's soooo realistic, why have I been offers the like of Rooney for silly money, and no clubs have bid for him. Very realistic.

The transfer system is broken fact. Now stop coming out with crap like this.

what a true load of crap this post is. As a manager in a game you control, it is your perogative to sell whoever you want! If I wanted to sell fabregas for whatever reason, I'd expect teams to be biting my hand off to sign him. Ad if it's soooo realistic, why have I been offers the like of Rooney for silly money, and no clubs have bid for him. Very realistic.

The transfer system is broken fact. Now stop coming out with crap like this.

no need to be so agressive its only a post.

Anyway, there are only extreme examples of transfers not working properly, its not common place in every game. These things will be worked out, personally think its more to do with players happieness and williness to move more than a "broken" transfer system. As i and many other users have stated, we can sell players, its not easy to move dead wood you dont play all season who are picking up 70grand a week, why should it be. IF we are talking real life, you wouldnt let a player on that kind of money waste away in your reserves yet people do in this game. Its easy to use the realism argument for some points and ignore it for others.

Ive said it in previous threads, but realistically in your example of Fabregas, he will only leave Arsenal for Barca, i think that much is certain, who says in the game barca either, A- dont need him or B- cannot afford him, or C- do not want him there is more to transfers than just offering your players and expecting every team in the world to fall over themselves to buy them.

It isn't going to be worse for some people than others, people just have different expectations.

I happen to think if you give a player a £150k a week he is unlikely to leave, other clubs will know there is no point in pursuing him hence no bids.

Players contract runs out and he leaves as a free agent. Like Joe Cole.

no need to be so agressive its only a post.

Anyway, there are only extreme examples of transfers not working properly, its not common place in every game. These things will be worked out, personally think its more to do with players happieness and williness to move more than a "broken" transfer system. As i and many other users have stated, we can sell players, its not easy to move dead wood you dont play all season who are picking up 70grand a week, why should it be. IF we are talking real life, you wouldnt let a player on that kind of money waste away in your reserves yet people do in this game. Its easy to use the realism argument for some points and ignore it for others.

Ive said it in previous threads, but realistically in your example of Fabregas, he will only leave Arsenal for Barca, i think that much is certain, who says in the game barca either, A- dont need him or B- cannot afford him, or C- do not want him there is more to transfers than just offering your players and expecting every team in the world to fall over themselves to buy them.

Someone used fmrte to put a players rep and pa/ca to max. They put thier wages to 1k and made other changes to make the player sellable. He offered him out for free and got 'wait for it' no offers! I had to sell nasri and arshavin with niether on huge wages and arshavin Shortlisted for wp of the year for free!

There are many many other instances of good players not being able to be sold. Dead wood or not. I have a couple of awsome youngsters I need to sell and I'm getting no interest even though they have good reps etc. The transfer system is broken. Although I will agree that I've had to think alot more and be a lot more careful of who I sign.

Now with my team,with the game how it is, even my dead wood would be great players in other teams so I should be able to sell them.

Someone used fmrte to put a players rep and pa/ca to max. They put thier wages to 1k and made other changes to make the player sellable. He offered him out for free and got 'wait for it' no offers! I had to sell nasri and arshavin with niether on huge wages and arshavin Shortlisted for wp of the year for free!

There are many many other instances of good players not being able to be sold. Dead wood or not. I have a couple of awsome youngsters I need to sell and I'm getting no interest even though they have good reps etc. The transfer system is broken. Although I will agree that I've had to think alot more and be a lot more careful of who I sign.

Now with my team,with the game how it is, even my dead wood would be great players in other teams so I should be able to sell them.

using an un-officail editor might not work as perfect as people expect it too, im not saying everything is perfect but your point doesnt really prove anything.

I guess each to their own, i have managed to sell everyone i want too, playing as aberdeen i have had no issues, none of the big players in the world have left on free transfers and everything looks pretty realistic. I have sold at least 5 players a season but i only get rid of players who i know i will be able to sell, not had to release anyone yet hence why i dont see the big issue.

Archived