XPS 15 Laptop and Football Manager 2011

yeah especially for a laptop. Ive never used a laptop for fm but i guess it'll be pretty quick on the OP spec. Does anyone see a difference between playing on pc and playing on laptop? ie is it worth buying a laptop to play fm whilst 'roaming'?

yeah especially for a laptop. Ive never used a laptop for fm but i guess it'll be pretty quick on the OP spec. Does anyone see a difference between playing on pc and playing on laptop? ie is it worth buying a laptop to play fm whilst 'roaming'?

Youd probably pay a lot less for a desk top with those specs I'd imagine.

Video Card would be Good fo 3D.

but whatever prossesser you've, FM had a lot of data and the more you increase leagues, your game would increase in size and it would make your game very annoying ( slow ) after 1-4 seasons, so i advice you to add 30-40 or even 50 league but don't pick all leagues for such countries like Brazil, Sweden, France, Spain, Turkey etc.. as there are a load of leagues/groups/competitions, and would make the game data very large.

so depends in your priorities in the game, it wouldn't be wise to include Swedeen 4th if you would start in lowest point in Brazil or England etc..

I'll try to be helpful for you as much as i can, i used to pick a lot of leagues/challanges in the past, and sadly decided to stop playing some of them after some great seasons due to this issue, wish it wouldn't happen for you.

@ spurs Q8

It hardly matters which league you select.

And loading lower leagues is what make a career game more fun.

yes i know, but i meant there are such countries like Brazil, had a load of groups in 3rd tier, so Brazil 3rd tier alone could equal around 2 divisions from countires like Argantina, Austuria, Belguim, Bulgaria, Denmark, Czeck, Finland, Holland, Greece, Ireland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Swiss, Russia, Ukraine .

so added to that France 4th tier, Sweeden 4th tier, this would make the game very slow. secailly there are such countries like Spain, Portugal, Denmark, Italy had some divisions with around 3-4 groups in 4th tier with 14-20 teams, this would provide extra fixtures, players etc.. to the game, and within 2-4 season, the game wouldn't be good to continue.

It's an i7 processor with 4gb ram, it'll run 40 leagues fine for god's sake.

I have a quad core 2ghz proccessor and 3gb ram, and i run about 35 leagues/large database pretty well. Theres no point skimping on leagues imo.

how many seasons played in the game ? and which countries/divisions you picked ?

I already have a desktop, It's a real pain to carry around with me though, what with not having a battery and everything.

:D

Guess you can buy this laptop, setup FM via STEAM. Use a Online FIle Syncing software and you can play the save on both PCs. :cool:

yes i know, but i meant there are such countries like Brazil, had a load of groups in 3rd tier, so Brazil 3rd tier alone could equal around 2 divisions from countires like Argantina, Austuria, Belguim, Bulgaria, Denmark, Czeck, Finland, Holland, Greece, Ireland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Swiss, Russia, Ukraine .

so added to that France 4th tier, Sweeden 4th tier, this would make the game very slow. secailly there are such countries like Spain, Portugal, Denmark, Italy had some divisions with around 3-4 groups in 4th tier with 14-20 teams, this would provide extra fixtures, players etc.. to the game, and within 2-4 season, the game wouldn't be good to continue.

how many seasons played in the game ? and which countries/divisions you picked ?

i can't remember off top of my head but around 40 leagues, no more, and some were on view only though but not many, those i only chose one division, but for the most part division would be between 2 and 7. I will go and look again to see exactly.

even thought 15'+ screens are better for games, but i recommend you Sony 14' or Toshiba/Aesus 13.3' screen .. these are better as travel-mates and quality for users, and you can get core i5, ram 4 G.B, Vidoe card 512 or 1064 MB dedicated these days ..

i've used to buy a lot of lap-tops recently, and i learnt a lot from using it, and it's safe to say that Nivdia better than ATI ..

Archived