Fmh 2012?

There have been suggestions that FMH2011 is the final version on the PSP, can someone from SIgames confirm?

Also, if/when the PSP2 comes out, is a FMH version on the cards for it?

FMH 2012 - wishlist (if it is going ahead)

Have an option in the preferences to play with or without 2D matches, if playing without, then utilise the extra memory for some additions such as:

Reserve matches - not full matches, but simply assign player ratings for hidden games for players in the reserve team, so at least you may promote them if their form or morale is higher.

Finance - include some finance data, so that you can see how that FA cup match at home to Man U, impacted your finances.

Ability to save player search filters

Player of the season award for your team

Average attendance in history

Set up pre-season friendlies manually

International management as a standard feature, not an unlockable

Change age filter to 19-24 (instead of 19-25, as players who are 24 and over's PA rating is same as CA)

Include x/x in attributes filter e.g. match 5/6 attributes selected.

Understand that this would take up memory, as the system would need to retain the data, but any chance of seeing highlights at the end of the game, even goals only.

Why would you want 3 fundemental parts of the game removed?

Training can improve your players dramtically and the 2D pitch adds the depth in games which is pushing the PSP limits as it is and World Player of the Year happens in real life so why shouldn't it be in the game?

As for your improvements they are all very minor. I for one don't use go on holiday, scouts or pre loaded formations (and the legendary ones can be made by users). The only feature I would agree on is expanded stadium but that isn't major.

Yes.

The training is a waste of time never used it never will.

The 2d pitch is awful the stuff that happens is ridiculous.

The world player of the year is pathetic rubbish players win it all the time even without playing well.

I'm pushed for time now.

I'll elaborate more later if you wish.

The training isn't a waste of time. I have made young players into world beaters purely because of the training I use makes them grow and keeps old players at their peak (Drogba won WPOTY for two years in a row at 30+).

The 2D pitch isn't perfect but shouldn't be removed at all, it is quite key for depth in the game and has got bettet with each version and while there are bugs it isn't every game and the bugs get highlighted a lot more than how great it runs 80% of the time.

The World Player of the Year isn't pathetic at all, it is realistic and every player who has won it for me has had over 20 goals in a season.

What you're saying is "this isn't perfect, remove it" is quite frankly crap. They could be improved but the first 2 are key in the game while the 3rd is realistic and a nice addition. If they were removed for "Go on holiday options" - which to be honest is the worst feature due to you not doing anything then a lot more will moan.

Yes.

The training is a waste of time never used it never will.

The 2d pitch is awful the stuff that happens is ridiculous.

The world player of the year is pathetic rubbish players win it all the time even without playing well.

I'm pushed for time now.

I'll elaborate more later if you wish.

When you start a new save do you put training on none? if not thats means you are using it :D

If you don't like the 2d pitch don't use it :thup:

Personally, I never use the 2D pitch! My initial point was, I believe a lot of the RAM utilised for the game goes into supporting the 2D pitch, If this was removed we may be able to expand all other aspects of the game and bring these aspects closer to the PC version. It would be very interesting to see how many people actually use the 2D pitch on the PSP FMH. On training, it has helped me immensely e.g. a great technical/mental player with poor pace and stamina (<10) can become a great player if put on intensive fitness training, to bring these attributes up to ~13.

When you start a new save do you put training on none? if not thats means you are using it :D

If you don't like the 2d pitch don't use it :thup:

I dont go anywhere near training ever. I dont use the 2d pitch and removed that garbage will free ( technical stuff ) for things that are useful.

whatever I've had young players become great without training.

your FM versions and definition of real must be different to mine.

if you make up what I'm saying then YES that's what it sounds like.

the go on holiday feature would save ME tons of time instead of the feature stopping every 2 minutes to reject tiny clubs when my reputation is world class and I am waiting for real, barca, dortmund blah blah blah. this feature is essential. i dont know how you think otherwise

Like going on holiday?

No offence but I use the training and Jens uses the 2D pitch. Only as you don't use it then it doesn't mean they should get rid of them or I would want scouts and going on holiday out. Plus have you even used the 2D pitch on 2011? It is not garbage and very smooth actually.

Training is great for development and intensive training is actually used by over 100 people from FMH09-11 and everyone has said how much it has improved players more than usual, proof it works.

The go on holiday feature for me is pointless, it isn't playing the game and only useful if you're unemployed.

yes. there are gaps in between managerial reigns especially it bigger clubs, on FM10 I finished at Dortmund and had to wait 15 months to get the Madrid job I wanted rejecting tiny club after tiny club an option to put " only apply for champions cup clubs " would have been amazing

training ... waste of time and effort its been 06, 07, 08, 09, 10 and 11 still not needed for me good players are good and bad are bad

Lol sorry danielxander dont hurt yourself changing the schedule from General to Attacking or Defending.

Keep 2D Pitch

Keep Scouts

Keep Training

Keep Holidaying

Remove Stadium Capacity unless they add stadium names and ability to expand, also to keep it and have the attendances on the match overview screen as after every game it dissapears. 50/50 on this.

Add Manager Interaction

Add News Interaction for Transfer rumours e.g. Player X is rumoured to be considering a move to Team X (You), and you can decide whether to confirm or deny the rumour. (More Realism)

Add Staff even if it means a little amount like an Assistant Manager, 1 Coach, 1 Physio and 2 Scouts (Real Names) or Fake coaches etc.

Add Russian and Irish Leagues

Add Blue Square North/South Leagues

Add Logos to be viewable on the match screen.

Most of those may not be able to be added until the PSP2 comes out

Add Manager Interaction

Add News Interaction for Transfer rumours e.g. Player X is rumoured to be considering a move to Team X (You), and you can decide whether to confirm or deny the rumour. (More Realism)

Add Blue Square North/South Leagues

Fixed your post for you :D

• SI Staff
whatever I've had young players become great without training.

your FM versions and definition of real must be different to mine.

Please bear in mind that there are LOTS of ways to play FMH and none is the 'proper one', so long as you enjoy playing the game thats the 'right' way to play as far as I'm concerned :D

And with regards to your players becoming great 'without' training - thats errr impossible, if you don't set training your players still train - just they'll do so on the default settings. These are sensible and yes your players can develop well using them, however if you tweak things you'll have more control over their development and might get a little more out of them.

FMH is balanced on purpose to allow people to do fairly well while largely ignoring specific aspects of the game - whether they're detailed tactics, training or whatever ... this allows people to play quickly and casually if they want to, while allowing those who want to go deeper the chance to do so if they wish.

I dont care whether training works ... that's never been my beef.

My beef is that feature has been unused by me for 5 years so it makes sense to change it for something more useful.

The whole training ting seems like babying.

The 2d pitch is a shambles.

I have to turn it off if I didn't my PSP would go through the window.

The same goal is scored two players run parallel into the box and he scores.

The 90% set piece goals.

My strikers in the box passing to players on the half way line.

... I believe a lot of the RAM utilised for the game goes into supporting the 2D pitch, If this was removed we may be able to expand all other aspects of the game and bring these aspects closer to the PC version.

I don't think this is correct. Isn't match simulation for other teams / leagues done in between you playing your matches when you press continue rather than while you're viewing your match?. I would have thought while you are viewing a match, the majority of the system is working on just simulating / displaying that one match. And if I recall correctly even that is pre-simulated to an extent and gets updated if you make any changes while you're playing.

Therefore if I am correct, removing the 2d match engine probably wouldn't affect the ability to have more leagues / reserve leagues all that much. If you added these it would just take longer for the game to process each time you press the 'continue' button - much like on the PC version when you load a lot of leagues.

But if you don't like it there is the option to turn it on and have text only. That's the great thing about the game, you can do or have as little or as much as you want. I want the 2d match engine so I can leave it on. You don't so you can turn it off. Everybody happy!

As for suggesting removing training - that's just a silly suggestion. I would say more people use it than those that don't. And if you don't change it from the default settings what difference does it make to you if it is there or not? Again - the choice is there either way.

• SI Staff
I dont care whether training works ... that's never been my beef.

My beef is that feature has been unused by me for 5 years so it makes sense to change it for something more useful.

The whole training ting seems like babying.

As I mentioned the entire idea behind some of the features on the PSP is that the defaults (ie. how you're leaving training) is sane and works capably enough not to cripple people who don't want to use it - that is without tweaking your team will do reasonably well in training, if you tune it then they may do better - but it won't make the game experience worse to ignore it if its not your 'thing'.

Some people (as you can see from replies here) like the training feature and as such its a success imho, people like yourself are ignoring it and so its not hurting you - people who want to use training seem to understand its operation and appreciate its effect.

I know people like the training feature. I dont. I told typed what I thought.Thats it. A guy in a post up there mentioned Reserve games. That to me is stupid. I didn't message him or comment because its his opinion. Its not my fault Dec9693 appears crying constantly, from his posts it seems he spends his time attached to your ball sack. Which is great for you but not for me having to read his drivel.

• SI Staff
- both ... but more so 2010. I had a look in 2011 and its much the same.

There should definitely be a visible improvement between the two (and quite a few people have complimented the 2011 game on this) - obviously its not meeting your standards for which I apologise and as always we will strive to further improve it in future products.

I know people like the training feature. I dont. I told typed what I thought.Thats it. A guy in a post up there mentioned Reserve games. That to me is stupid. I didn't message him or comment because its his opinion. Its not my fault Dec9693 appears crying constantly, from his posts it seems he spends his time attached to your ball sack. Which is great for you but not for me having to read his drivel.

So reserve games are stupid? and thats coming from someone who wants training removed, Oh dear, you poor unfortunate child. Training is one of the most important features in creating a beast of a team. Reserve games will give you chance to give youth players (if no other clubs wants to loan them) the match EXP or unfit players to gain match fitness. Oh and BTW dont go mouthing off at Dec or Marc they are the people who know what they're on about, not you!

I think 2011 is a huge improvement concerning the 2d pitch.

Training improves your odds of a player getting better fast.

This is what I've noticed, playing the game for many hours.

And please everynoe, stop flaming at each other. It's not fun to read this thread...

So reserve games are stupid? and thats coming from someone who wants training removed, Oh dear, you poor unfortunate child. Training is one of the most important features in creating a beast of a team. Reserve games will give you chance to give youth players (if no other clubs wants to loan them) the match EXP or unfit players to gain match fitness. Oh and BTW dont go mouthing off at Dec or Marc they are the people who know what they're on about, not you!

- I disagree. I would elaborate more but when I do I'm antagonising, trolling, not being constructive and other things. Its fine when people do it to me though.

With respect to reserve games, currently there is no purpose to this functionality, other than the player not appearing in your first team squad. My original thought was that if a player was put in the reserve team that over a couple of weeks his form would change because of reserve games (that don't need to actually happen in the game). It would be nice to stick a good player on a poor run of form in the reserve team for a while and check on his form, when he has put in a few good games e.g. 5-5-5-9-10, then bring him back to the first team. Should be only a small bit of programming?

I agree that it would be good to use the reserves to give some out of form players a kick up the bum. Even if it was just mentally as well as physically. I.E. to send them a message that they'll only be considered for the reserve team when they sort themselves out.

Archived