game stratagy

Ok new to the game and have a question or two. Ok played one of many loossing games with them. The coach of the other team stated my team would have been better if they went for shots instead of walking the ball to the goal. Is there someplace I can tell my team that. as an fyi I am playing as Hereford I believe is the spelling. I am learning more about the game of football and football manager by forcing my self in to a difficault team. Man UTD was way to easy to and tempting to just hit the Ask assistance button. so if anyone has any other tips I would be greatful.

I don't pay any attention to what the opposing coaches say for a couple reasons, btw that comment means taking more long shots which each player has a slider for in their advanced settings... they often say that same thing about my style but I've built my team as a possession style team and they work best passing into the box or making crosses, second being that long shot balance is fouled up so they almost never go in, but they might for Hereford as the only long shots I've seen score in this version are from the players with the worst skill.

The key is to know your players and know a play style and formation those players can play effectively.

I have a Hereford save, not gone very deep in it, but I just run a simple 4-4-2 with them and keep it as simple as possible. The thing about playing that low a level is the play is just plain sloppy, it's really hard to manage.

I'd actually suggest playing in League 1 or Championship as you still need to think about things, can't just let the players do all the work like Man UTD, but the players aren't so unreliable.

Archived