MLS Help

Although I've been playing since cm 01/02 bt in fm 2011 I'm playing the MLS for my first time ever, I am having some trouble figuring it out so I have some questions, hope people more used to playing MLS can help?

Can you renew generation addidas contracts? I use generation addidas players because they don't count toward the wage cap but everytime I need to renew their contracts they become regular playuers then I have to transfer them, however I see other teams have GA players who are old like 25 orr 26.

What is this Pan Pacific championship I havet o play at the beggining of every season I've not been able to find any information about that tournament

Is there anything you can do to increase your wage cap?

How do Designated players work? IRL I think the MLS pays for part of the salary then any extra the club pays counts toward the wage cap, in FM however my designated players alwasy take 7,000 p/w of my wage cap regardless of how much their salary is.

Why can't I offer players to clubs? other clubs offer players to me

GA contracts are a way of promoting young players in the league... They are only given to the cream of the crop in each years draft and that's the only way to handle it. You have to renew with a senior contract to keep the player.

Don't know the specifics of the PPC, irl it's probably called something else.

The cap is set by the league, its designed as a way to create parity in the league. But you can get around it with Designated Players, go to you asst man and ask him for a designated player report. In a few days he'll come back with a list of players that you can buy and offer a Designated Player contract, you can have 3 DP's in 11 and the key is that a DP's wage does -NOT- count towards the cap. They are said to be a way to bring well known players into the league, but in reality they just break the entire concept of the salary cap since teams with the money can have them and smaller teams can't.

You can't offer players because of all the other stuff in the league you can trade, like draft picks and international slots. That is the word from SI, however SI also thinks the AI doesn't 'offer' players, but they do left and right (usually crap keepers though). So it does seem to be intended, but at the same times it's just stupidly frustrating. One of the many ways the MLS is 'broken'.

Any other questions just shoot, I'll try to answer best I can.

I'll tell you one thing sir, trying to covince someone to come as a designated player is hard as hell.

I find it easier to keep an eye out for the free transfer steals that are available at times... like my new 20 y/o amazing striker, R.Madrid released him. He may not be good enough for them but he's killer in the MLS. The broken transfer system makes things too easy sometimes.

what confuses me is that I have 3 designated players with different wages but they all seem to count the same money around 7000 p/w toward the wage cap when I register or unregister them in the squad registration screen

Wouldn't surprised me... MLS is just plain broken in FM11 imo. But since I don't play a team that could even afford DP's I wouldn't know from experience.

Unless part of the change to DP's is they contribute that much to the cap, I can't remember if they changed that or if it's still 0 toward the cap irl.

IRL they used to be different in 2009 then 2010, FM11 changed to reflect the new rules for them.

what confuses me is that I have 3 designated players with different wages but they all seem to count the same money around 7000 p/w toward the wage cap when I register or unregister them in the squad registration screen

That is exactly how the designated player rule is supposed to work. You can pay them as much as your team's wage budget can handle, but each one only counts the same fixed number against the league's salary cap.

edit: While Martyr1777 is correct that MLS has some frustrating bugs this version, this is not one of them.

thats how the DP works - the DP only counts a certain set amount against the wage cap, regardless of his actual wages

that part of MLS is set up in game pretty well spot on i'd say

Archived