Can you get the patches on hard disk or send them to a mate...??

Having done a few Op Telic's and Herrick's and knowing how FM helps, I have a mate whose missus is pretty excited she's sending him out the game in the box. He's not home until March.

Out there internet access is non-existant and at best not for d/ling patches or searching forums etc and he's an old-timer player that will spot the Spanish bug etc straightaway, and I don't have the heart to tell his missus that.

I know it will never happen, but it would be nice to have a sticker on the box saying internet access is highly recommended at least to keep the game as SI would want it. I wonder if anyone cares about those without internet access for months on end.

But that aside, can I package up the patch files and send them by email in zipped form or anything for him?? Or get hold of a disk with them on?? I am thick as when it comes to computers btw so if there is a way an idiots step by step guide would be very, very appreciated.

I have the patches, is there a file name am assuming the latest (11.1.1) that I can just burn to disc?? I've done a search of my files of 11.1.1 but can't find anything, or nothing comes up. If I re-download it, save it to desktop and then burn that file as it is to CD will that work??

Sorry for numptiness, but Copy and Paste and double click on icon are the limits of my computer savvy. :(

Archived