Is it worth going full time with a Semi-Pro club?

Just completed my first season as Ayr United boss and got promoted via the playoffs into the Scottish 1st Div. We are a Semi-Pro club with part time players. The 1st Division is pretty much all Professional and full time however.

From people's experiences, would you think it to be beneficial to try and tie down my players and staff to full time deals? Does it increase the chances of being made in a fully professional team?

Cheeers!

Just completed my first season as Ayr United boss and got promoted via the playoffs into the Scottish 1st Div. We are a Semi-Pro club with part time players. The 1st Division is pretty much all Professional and full time however.

From people's experiences, would you think it to be beneficial to try and tie down my players and staff to full time deals? Does it increase the chances of being made in a fully professional team?

Cheeers!

Absolutely go for it ... if your budget allows for it, give out some full-time contracts to your best players and all your staff.

You will probably notice that alot of them are more tha willing to go on full-time contracts for more or less the same amount as you pay them on part-time contracts :) ... enjoy it while it lasts ... once your club turns Professional, their wage demands will increase significantly.

Full time contracts let you train full time. Quite beneficial.

Haha yes, thanks for that! Yeah I understand IRL its a no brainer if a club for afford it, more just about the game itself and whether its likely to push the club forward to "Professional" status.

My wage budget still has around £3000 p/w left out of an £8000 budget so I think I could afford to take the best players and staff on as suggested. Shall set about doing it later on and see how it goes!

Archived