Will Benitez/Mancini/Puel be sacked?

Benitez, true to form, has ruined the kings of italy and europe. They are 8pts off 4th with about 8 games to go.

Mancini has City in 7th, about 14pts of 4th(ha ha), and have just lost to Wigan.

While Puel's team, Lyon(amazing squad), have been embroiled in a relegation battle all season, and are only 3 pts above the drop zone. They won't go down, but i'm sure the board didn't envisage such a pitiful season.

In real life, they would all be sacked for these offences, but for those of you who have played FM11 for a few seasons-Is it likely they will be booted out?

In my current game Mancini was sacked when Man City finished 11th in the first season. Puel is still at Lyon after winning Ligue 1 and finishing 2nd the next season. Inter sacked Benitez first season when they only finished 6th in Serie A. Mancini and Benitez both got sacked on the same day in May so it looks like they could be on their way at the end of the season.

Mourihno got sacked in 2nd season after finishing 3rd and going out in QF of Champions League. I'm Barca and aim to make them near on unbeatable, go to somewhere else and end the dominance i've given them.

Won everything 1st and 2nd season. Lost 1 game all season inc, league,cup, champs. Lost in Cup 1st leg but went through.

Quite interestingly, at the end of February 2011 in my current save, I've just seen Roy Hodgson sacked as Liverpool manager, with them 12th in the league, but still in the Europa League and FA Cup (though only just, as need a 5th Round replay against Peterborough)...

...to be replaced by Roberto Mancini from Manchester City, with them lying 6th in the league (12 points behind leaders Manchester United), in the QF of FA Cup, but out of the Europa League.

Edit: Now Javier Aguirre just landed the City job.

Mancini has long been sacked before the 4th season finshed. for some reason Rafa is having trouble getting sacked despite never winning the league in my game let alone winning a single trophy. Puel has been sacked twice in the 4 seasons in my game so far

One week after season ended Puel got the chop as lyon finished 13th, but mancini is still at city, buying Suarez for £20 mill so obviously safe, which he would most definatley not be if City finished 6th in the league. Benitez is yet to be seen, inter finished 6th in the league, semi final of cl and Sniejder is unhappy, so i presume he will get the boot. Who knows though.

After last night he is surely going to be sacked by moratti

in my game mancini got sacked second season got replaced by Mourinho who got sacked from madrid, mancini replaced Carlo ancelotti in chelsea and mourinho got the shity job later on mourinho got sacked and mancini got sacked and Mourinho started chelsea!

and mancini is Italy manager, Benitez got sacked first season and puel is doing pretty well.

By the sounds of it, AI managers are sacked on a more regular basis in FM11 which im glad to hear to be honest.

In previous versions, it was far too easy for AI managers to keep their jobs with very limited success.

Classic examples are Pellegrini never been sacked as Real Madrid manager despite not winning much and Benitez holding onto the Liverpool job as a mid table team.

Benitez always ruins Inter on all my saves.

He does awful in the league in the first season, but always reaches Semi finals of the CL.

Only one of my saves, he managed to get a top 3 finish for Inter, before ending up mid-table the following season and getting sacked.

Yeah, it seems manager security is about right. Moyes swapped Everton for Villa, despite being equal sized clubs and Everton having the better squad. Who knows, maybe more money to spend? New challenge?

This is after Houllier got the sack, Allardyce went to everton, Mike Phelan to a relegated Wolves(good appointment). Benitez is still at Inter after a 5th place finish. Perhaps the board will treat it as a one off. Puel got the sack.

Yeah, it seems manager security is about right. Moyes swapped Everton for Villa, despite being equal sized clubs and Everton having the better squad. Who knows, maybe more money to spend? New challenge?

This is after Houllier got the sack, Allardyce went to everton, Mike Phelan to a relegated Wolves(good appointment). Benitez is still at Inter after a 5th place finish. Perhaps the board will treat it as a one off. Puel got the sack.

Good movements there.

I dont think any are unrealistic.

man city are trigger happy on my save, dont think they have had a manager last a whole season yet

Real Madrid have been pretty much like that irl for the last few years so not totally unrealistic.

I don't have a problem at all with this in the game, as long as it's not happening for every single team

Good movements there.

I dont think any are unrealistic.

You're right it seems pretty solid. Although i'm sure everton might have moved in for Martin O'Neill, instead of Allardyce. Houllier was/is never going to last, and i thought the Phelan appointment was pretty realistic.

Mancini would likely be sacked, but then again who would replace him? There is no-one, apart from Wenger perhaps, though he has signed a new contract with Arse.

Archived