Two thoughts on interaction

I think the idea of 'talking' to the board and/or players is in principle a very good one. Two things bother me though:

1. I often find that I want to talk to the board / player about something, I click on the 'private chat / approach board' button only to find that the option for what I want to say isn't there. I then have two options, either end the chat without saying anything or press the back button. Either way I feel a bit of a wally.

IDEA: Change the concept, so that the player doesn't turn up for the chat without knowing what it's about. I should be able to send him a message along the lines of "Drop by for a chat please, I'd like to chat about.... '. I could therefore make sure the option is available before the player turned up.

2. It's a similar thing with contract negotiations. I've seen several players (who in all honesty are out of my league) sat around unattached for ages. I press the 'approach to sign' and get the response that they aren't interested in negotiating. Now these are players who are getting on a bit and in which no clubs are showing an interest. I believe that they would at least listen to what is being offered, especially if it was a short term or non-contract offer to put themselves in the shop window.

IDEA: Be able to make an initial approach asking whether the player would be interested in a short-term contract or non-contract terms. It just might arouse interest. He can still answer that he isn't interested, but you never know.

Archived