Player attributes league by league.

Had a search of the forums and couldn't find an answer.

Question: I seem to remember a thread (either last year or year before) in which guidelines were set out which level of attributes was acceptable for each league (15+ for Prem etc.) As I can't find the thread and can't remember who wrote it, can someone point me in the right direction.

My reason for asking is that I'm playing in the Conference North and offered a player who has attributes between 7-9 in most of the key areas to other clubs. Was rather surprised that several League One clubs are putting in bids for him. He's 30 years old and IMO nothing special.

But I seem to have the wrong idea about what are acceptable attributes for Conference North level.

Any help would be appreciated.

i don't think there is a definitive answer to this.

the player in question, how does your ass man rate him (reports, how many stars in comparison to others)

if you use FMRTE can you view his reputation and compare it to team mates, and players in higher divisions?

also take form into consideration. if the player is performing then it makes sense that clubs will show an interest

The assistant says he is a good player, report says he would be a good player for most Conference North teams, but he won't get any better. Has 1-2 stars.

He's hardly played this season, so his form can't be good. I only offered him around, as he is on quite high wages and I could do with freeing up some of the budget.

I have a second player, who my coaches say has no long term future at the club (age), but he is wanted by a couple of Conference Prem teams. Just seems very strange to me.

I know that the guidelines do/did exist, just cannot find the thread anymore.

I aim high... I look for players with 10+ in key attributes, depending on the position or role they'll be assuming, playing in the BSN.

If I look beneath 10 for a key attribute, it's only if they have the potential to improve and rate highly enough with my scouts or coaches.

I aim high... I look for players with 10+ in key attributes, depending on the position or role they'll be assuming, playing in the BSN.

If I look beneath 10 for a key attribute, it's only if they have the potential to improve and rate highly enough with my scouts or coaches.

This is basically my way of thinking as well and the players I have signed have pushed the other player down the pecking order. Just can't understand why he is wanted by League One clubs.

I have the official PRIMA strategy guide for the Sports Interactive "Championship Manager 3" for 1998/99 year and it has what you are after what is a Critical Attribute score and Important attribute score for each division for premier league, championship etc...

You will be amazed that the info in this book still holds true the score they recommend not to mention the things to look out for staff as well as players etc.... there are a couple of things that are no longer valid but overall 70% of this still holds true to the current game now. I have been using it as a guide for all the Championship / football manager games that have come out from 1998 onwards and hasn't let me down yet.

ok the attributes they recommend are as follows: (these are for english league just substitute the relevant league from whichever country you in)

Premiership league:

Critical Attribute = 16+

Important attributes = 12+

Championship / 2nd division:

Critical attribute = 14+

Important attribute = 10+

3rd / conference division:

Critical attribute = 12+

Important attribute = 8+

these are still valid like i said even after all these years so hope this helps.

cheers,

kymsheba (mike)

So basically you reduce by 1 per level.

The OP was asking about BSN; that would be: critical 11+, important 7+ . I'm in Level 9 - that would be critical 8+, important 4+ - which seems about right, actually. When the RTC file is ready and people are managing in Level 11, the highest attributes will be 6.

So basically you reduce by 1 per level.

The OP was asking about BSN; that would be: critical 11+, important 7+ . I'm in Level 9 - that would be critical 8+, important 4+ - which seems about right, actually. When the RTC file is ready and people are managing in Level 11, the highest attributes will be 6.

This sounds a bit high for me. The player I offered has 7s, 8s and 9s, which makes me wonder why a League One club wants him. I've remembered now that the numbers were in a FM Guide by Marc Vaughan, but I just can't find it.

This sounds a bit high for me. The player I offered has 7s, 8s and 9s, which makes me wonder why a League One club wants him. I've remembered now that the numbers were in a FM Guide by Marc Vaughan, but I just can't find it.

i agree - in the case of that player he shouldn't be required by those clubs, especially as he's too old to have potential. Do as i suggested - go to one of the clubs who want him and check the attributes of one of the players in his position.

Archived