[PSP] player potential and current ability

Hi,

does anyone know if the star ratings (given to players in your squad and assigned to players you have scouted) change depending on what league you are in?

example: I have just been promoted from Championship to Premiership and all the players on my short list took a hit on their star ratings (same with my squad as well).

Thanks

The star ratings are depending on the strength of your team, it is quite a misunderstood feature but say you brought Ronaldinho for Luton in League 1 he may have full stars for both where as at Real Madrid in Liga BBVA he could only have a current ability of 3 and potential of 4 as obviously Real Madrid are better than Luton.

the current and potential ability will alter throughout the season as well m8. i have Senna at Villarreal in my 2nd season and both hiscurrent & potential abilitiy had gone down to 3stars. he had been playing well n scored 2 goals in 2 games so i complimented his performances and next thing he started getting a few 9s and a 10 and scored some more goals in a short space of time. i checked his porfile etc and his current & potential stars had risen to 5. i found this pleasing especially as he is 35yrs old. bit of man management coupled wiv good timing obviously works

New to this forum, I have been playing since CM97/98, prefer the psp version now, as I cant dedicate as much time to my gaming these days.

PA will always equal CA, for any player 24 or over. So some of your players will have reduced PA when they reach 24, as the game assumes any player of 24 has reached their full potential. Also, the star ratings are based on ability within the league you are in, the commentary e.g. key member etc.. is based on comparison with existing players within your team. So generally don't buy any player 24 or over unless they have at least 5 stars, and I wouldn't buy any player under 24 unless they have a PA of at least 6or7 stars.

Owl1 I cannot tell you how wrong you are. Firstly, PA doesn't equal CA unless the player reaches it but if they do then they will be more prone to decline in CA as they have reached their limits. Regarding the 24 thing you're wrong again as PA is a set amount which a player can strive for and may not get and furthermore players can peak late so may go up in stars at 30 (like my Drogba has) and on form/your team and not the league rating though it does help as your team will obviously be better in the Premier League than in League 2.

About not buying a player over 4 stars then that can and cannot be true as I don't usually take scout rating as if the player is on form it will be higher and it may decrease if they are on a bad streak for you plus, stats make a player and not scout ratings as they are how good the player is.

Daniel, it can vary with form so the poorer stats player has the same star rating as he is on a hot streak at the moment possibly and hence why you cannot judge a player by it.

Dec9693, on the psp version you will never find a player 24 or over with a PA star rating higher than the CA rating (scout reports or coach reports), They are always the same, yes they do go up and down, I had a player that shot from 2 stars for both to 5 stars for both after a single game, so yes you are right that form influences this. The league you are in does have an impact though, that is why when you get promoted all your coach report star ratings drop, as you are now at a higher level of expectation in a higher league

Reputation does effect it but not directly the league as it doesn't go up and down if you yo-yo each year between two leagues, it will be stable.

Just noticed that over 24 thing but I took it as in CA/PA as in the numbers (192 for example) not the coach ratings as they are largely inaccurate and it is much better to judge on stats than that and the 24 year old thing shows this (I mean look at Drogba, he was 30 and has just come into his stride so his PA should have been 6 and CA 2 as he had more to bring and he proved that at Marseille but wasn't so having a 3, 3 rating is quite out as he is a late bloomer and I feel this should be edited in FMH so it is like that).

By the way in 2010 I had a player with a 1 scout rating playing a vital role as a back up for my defenders and I was advised not to buy him but he was trusty and suitable due to his stats.

Archived