AI corners: heading and scoring at will

What is up with this? I have a game I use to test tactics against a slightly stronger team in the club world championship final (It was a regular game of mine, and I saved with another name before this game so I have a seperate game to test tactics), as expected I lost and went on with life. This weekend, I loaded up that test game to see what would it take to beat Juventus.

No matter what tactic I use, how much better I play. They ALWAYS score goals from corners.

So I went for revenge and tried the corner cheat myself, but it aparrently has been removed from FM11. Of course it has, they gave the cheat to the damn AI, who has enough cheats themselves with the unbeatable goalkeeper on 1-on-1's, the stupid tying goals 4 mins into injury time, when only 2 minutes was given and all other crap that I endure.

Anyone else feels the need to move the sea in order to have a fair crack against the cheating AI?

What is up with this? I have a game I use to test tactics against a slightly stronger team in the club world championship final (It was a regular game of mine, and I saved with another name before this game so I have a seperate game to test tactics), as expected I lost and went on with life. This weekend, I loaded up that test game to see what would it take to beat Juventus.

No matter what tactic I use, how much better I play. They ALWAYS score goals from corners.

So I went for revenge and tried the corner cheat myself, but it aparrently has been removed from FM11. Of course it has, they gave the cheat to the damn AI, who has enough cheats themselves with the unbeatable goalkeeper on 1-on-1's, the stupid tying goals 4 mins into injury time, when only 2 minutes was given and all other crap that I endure.

Anyone else feels the need to move the sea in order to have a fair crack against the cheating AI?

What an absolute load of nonsense. The AI doesn't cheat, the AI can't do anything you can't do. You can copy the AI's set pieces if you like. If the game cheats how come there are so many, 'this games too easy' threads. If you want help or advice then man up and ask for it, if not then it seems you are already in crying mode so you might as well continue.

To start with have you got your team focussing in defending set pieces in match prep? Alot of people have said the same as you and doing this has helped greatly

I guess I'm just a dinosaur. Playing the game since the 3rd version of CM it gives you lazy habits when new features are added. Especially when lot's of them are added in a single version, like the conversations with players and other stuff that.

What an absolute load of nonsense. The AI doesn't cheat, the AI can't do anything you can't do. You can copy the AI's set pieces if you like. If the game cheats how come there are so many, 'this games too easy' threads. If you want help or advice then man up and ask for it, if not then it seems you are already in crying mode so you might as well continue.

What have I done to you so you have to be this insulting? Did you read the thread? I'm playing in the Club World Championships. To get there you'd think I have some sort of knowledge of the game right? I see no "this games too easy" threads on games that take place in Brazil/South America. In europe, England especially, it's all nice and dandy and I'm sure it's too easy when you have all that money to buy superstars. I build from within, from the youth systems. Try yourself to take a mid-table brazilian side to win the state champs, first division and libertadores. When you do this I'll let you say "man up" to me. Otherwise stick your head back in your ass (See I can be insulting too)

I guess I'm just a dinosaur. Playing the game since the 3rd version of CM it gives you lazy habits when new features are added. Especially when lot's of them are added in a single version, like the conversations with players and other stuff that.

I know what you mean, give it a go and let me know if it sorts it out a bit for you!!

What have I done to you so you have to be this insulting? Did you read the thread? I'm playing in the Club World Championships. To get there you'd think I have some sort of knowledge of the game right? I see no "this games too easy" threads on games that take place in Brazil/South America. In europe, England especially, it's all nice and dandy and I'm sure it's too easy when you have all that money to buy superstars. I build from within, from the youth systems. Try yourself to take a mid-table brazilian side to win the state champs, first division and libertadores. When you do this I'll let you say "man up" to me. Otherwise stick your head back in your ass (See I can be insulting too)

I'm struggling to see what you found insulting?

Your post was full of hyperbole and nonsense, therefore you got a forthright response to hopefully take a good look at yourself instead of blaming all ills on the game.

Now your reaction to my post tells me I've probably hit the nail on the head. So again, come back and ask nicely for advice and you will get it.

If you wish to carry on thinking that the game is cheating you then do so but it ain't true.

For the record I can do insults if you like?

I've notices this too, but only in certain patches.

Sometimes I don't noitce it, and then other times we'll concede a header in 12 consecutive games. No one understands exactly how the match Engine works but it is clear it has become totally butchered in recent years. Not even vaguely realsitic in any aspect.

I think the op will agree that some comment in the post were out if frustration, we have all been there, the core issue is that he is conceding alot of corner goals and needs some assistance, I just feel that telling him that his post is nonsense and to man up and telling you disagree really doesn't help in any way and is better off not said. I shall now get off my high horse :)

I think the op will agree that some comment in the post were out if frustration, we have all been there, the core issue is that he is conceding alot of corner goals and needs some assistance, I just feel that telling him that his post is nonsense and to man up and telling you disagree really doesn't help in any way and is better off not said. I shall now get off my high horse :)

I hear you aussieant, but if he had wanted help then he should of asked (as I pointed out in both posts), instead of ranting.

Thanks for the advice.

I know what you are saying and from reading many of your posts over the years I know you are not one to go looking for a fight, just felt that posts abusing eachother could have easily been avoided, anyway I'm sure no harm was done and we can all get back on topic!

Will be interested to see if the match prep does help with the problem

We could make some tasty stakes out of that horse instead... :p

I dig what the OP states, besides the corners really ( no cheating ), he has a good point on the other mechanisms. Anyways, Juve got some really strong headers, and prolly one of the best defenders in the world...so in order to cope with that, you need to play fast, and furious, hard passes and glued to the pitch. Problem is, that takes a team that can cope with this, few teams are capable of that sort of style to begin with. It take a lot of work to work in, and sometimes not even rewarding even then. And as you pointed out, a deep pocket.

Does the AI cheat?

YES, they just achieve that by resetting your players' instructions

So stop blaming your defenders for losing they man in set piece defence

However, if you do have some good guys with decent jumping and heading, corners in FM11 are much more effective in bagging goals than in FM10

Archived