dont no if these are new bugs or not

has anyone ever scored a pen i think i have had 9 this season an hit the corner flag on them all an the amount of long shots in the game are so unreal in my last 2 matches i think i have had about 30 long shots which cant be right sorry if this has been mentioned before not got time to search

Some people have complained about penalties but i haven't had any problems with them myself.

As for long shots that would be down to your tactics. Try lowering your tempo, reducing the frequency of longshots for players or using the touchline shout 'Work Ball into Box'.

tryed everything that can think off think will wait till new patch as said cant really enjoy the game when i dont think it real heres hoping the new patch sorts it out an thanks for the help keep them coming if anyone got any more ideas thanks

I have a striker who doesn't miss penalties but every time I've had one when he hasn't been on the pitch it's been missed and my opponents never seem to score. I think it's an acknowledged problem.

The long shooting thing really is your tactics. Honestly. It really is. I associate taking wild long shots with players not being given passing options.

there both known bugs, have seen a thread or 2 about each bug has been acknowledged by SI in the bugs forum.

i having been blessed in passed years to have never really noticed the big bugs, have had it all come crashing down on me this year and have had all the big bugs and most the little ones. so im in the same boat sitting here fingers crossed and getting more and more impatiant, hoping above all that this years game, that has so much potential, does become at the very least playable with the patch very soon.

here's to hoping guys.

I'm seeing many of my pens missed so I'm pleased this is an acknowledged bug

Not having a long shot problem though, as mentioned by the other above just reduce long shot frequency & Tempo, plus Time Wasting may be something worth looking into ie setting it more to toward More Often the players play at a slower pace

thanks for letting me no they were bugs fmaddict69 thought it was just me an to the person who said its my tatics it cant be i have tryed everything from play ball into the box to lowering the settings so there no long shots

thanks for letting me no they were bugs fmaddict69 thought it was just me an to the person who said its my tatics it cant be i have tryed everything from play ball into the box to lowering the settings so there no long shots

Those are the player settings, I mean the way your team plays. If a player is set for rare (there is no never option) long shots but has no choice he'll have a go anyway.

this really does make me laugh, read the bugs forum, cant remember which thread it was, but 1 of the SI guys that is working on the match engine has been generous enough to keep everyone upto date with the latest match engine tweaks they have been doing, and posting it in the same way they post the patch change lists for the match engine. it is acknowledged there, as 1 of the changes that will be implimented that there is a slight problem with players choosing to shot when there is other "better" options.

so, this is SI saying that there is a slight problem, and as part of the next patch there will be a tweak to the players taking long shots.

just because someone does not come across a problem, does not mean that another person cant have that problem.

i myself have tried everything to cut down on the long shots, but cant do it. i have run test after test, doing things like, 10 games of playing as many players as posible without the "try's long shots PPM", team and individuals set to exactly what everyone on the tactics board section surgested (normal tactics mode and classic), then did the same 10 matches with everything set to get the most long shots possible with as many players as possible with "try's long shots PPM". and the results - average of 1.2 extra long shots per game with it set up for long shots.

now i know there is no way i could possibly run a comprehensive test, but this still indicates a problem.

anyway, like i said, SI have acknowledged the problem and shown proff that there will be a tweak in the next patch, so mute arguement for the moment. if people still have a problem after the patch then by all means start looking in the tactics board and see if anyone in there can help you sort it, but no point doing that right now. when its probably the match engine.

I've got 4 pens so far and scored 3 times, with different strikers.

I've got 5 against me, and they scored 3 times.

Havent been into penalty shoot-outs yet, but so far I have no reason to complain.

Even if all of my winning kickers had a stat of 11 or less.

No big drama in my world.

When was the last time you watched a football match where there were no long shots?

When was the last time you didn't see a defender shoot when you though "I'm sure his manager would have wanted him to pass"?

I've scored 22/29 penalties, 7 different takers. Seems bang on to me.

Seem to be okay at scoring penalties in normal time, probably scoring slightly less when compared to previous versions. When I get to a penalty shoot out though it's a different story, I think I've scored around 6 penalties cumulatively in 5 shoot outs.

Archived