Suggestion: Caretaker managers

When a manager gets sacked on the game, the chairman should appoint someone to take temporary charge, either just for a few days until a permanent appointment is made, or indicating that the caretaker (either a coach, a player, or an outside appointment) will be given time to prove he should get the job permanently.

I would like to see it happend more, and also, depending on our reputation, to be given temporary charge of a club when their manager has been sacked, so we would have to earn a full time contract.

Like Ramos has done at Real and Zenit, or Laws at Burnley.

I suggested this last year to no avail!

Not alot of point in asking for a feature that already exists is there?? In my save there are currently 5 caretaker managers in charge of teams, the majority of teams that sack or have their manager quit will have the asst man take over as caretaker, was introduced in 09 I think

I would like for B team managers to be appointed as caretakers until a permanent appointment is made or to give the B team manager the chance to possibly get the job. Happens IRL abroad all the time yet it doesnt happen in-game. Should be fairly easy to implement.

Not alot of point in asking for a feature that already exists is there?? In my save there are currently 5 caretaker managers in charge of teams, the majority of teams that sack or have their manager quit will have the asst man take over as caretaker, was introduced in 09 I think

Errrmmm, no, i wrote that it would be good if WE, the human manager, could be given a caretaker role/temporary job, because as far as i'm aware this is not possible. Correct me if i'm wrong though

Sometimes they do, but it stops you applying for the job or declaring your interest.

It usually leads to that guy getting the job in my opinion, and he always comes from the coaching staff.

Might be nice to see legends going back to help out a club for a short period if they are unemployed.

Errrmmm, no, i wrote that it would be good if WE, the human manager, could be given a caretaker role/temporary job, because as far as i'm aware this is not possible. Correct me if i'm wrong though

errrmmmm, i was replying to OP mate, not to your add on to the thread, he was talking about a caretaker in general

I would liKe to see a couple of things

1. the ability to cover AS a caretaker manager as a trial run to ''earn'' your right to a contract.

2. become the assistant man at a club and take control of reserve/ u18 teams and work the way into first team

I would liKe to see a couple of things

1. the ability to cover AS a caretaker manager as a trial run to ''earn'' your right to a contract.

2. become the assistant man at a club and take control of reserve/ u18 teams and work the way into first team

agree, both of those would be a nice feature for me, would mean you have a better chance of getting a job at a higher team. Id also like to be able to be a player coach, gradually your manager stats would stop improving cause you cannot focus soley on it and your player stats would drop as you get older and eventually you need to decide to pull the pin on your playing career and concentrate on being a manager and your stats can improve again, But i guess thats for another thread :)

Archived