What are the common type of goals you lose?

I play 4-2-4 and it's very successful (domestically at Rangers). It does leave me open to wing attacks though. I don't mind losing these types of goals as I enjoy watching the games with this formation.

could be your problem, im assuming cause the option is there now, if you do not choose it then it will really effect you?

I've set it to team blend the whole year, and I won league titles, mind they were in the New Zealand Premiership and Chinese 3rd tier lol, but still...I've had success without fiddling much in the team preparation screen.

My advice would be to look at the match and see why those headers are going in. Are the strikers left unmarked or do they out jump your DCs?

Both. I give marking instructions but the defenders (mostly 16-17 remember) have poor marking attributes as well as poor decisions, positioning etc. As said, they are short and get out-jumped. I'm overloading them with weetabix - they'll come good in time. I'm not concerned.

I don't mind conceding to the odd goal here and there even when it's largely due to my stupid defenders standing around watching, the goals that really pee me off and I seem to be seeing quite a few of them, are those ridiculous free kicks and shots from way out wide near the centre field line, the ones that just go sailing over the keepers head from about 50 yards away. Very silly and very annoying.

I concede allsorts, but the most annoying is the one where the ball gets played over the top of the full back and he waits till the winger is past him before he turns around - rendering him useless. Then the obvious ball to the far far post and an un-missable header!

Mine are those annoying types when you know the game has it in for you and has decided it's time for you to lose. More specifically, the type of goal where your defense are playing high up the pitch and the ball gets cleared out with a punt. One of my CDs is usually on station to collect the ball but for a totally inexplicable and rather unrealistic reason, merely walks towards the ball while an opposing striker covers three times as much distance in the same amount of time, gets there first and then has an entirely clear run on my goal. Thankfully I don't concede many of them.

Also, to a lesser extent I tend to concede annoying goals when the ball is bouncing around the goalmouth and one of their players gets there first and toe-pokes it in.

Mine are those annoying types when you know the game has it in for you and has decided it's time for you to lose. More specifically, the type of goal where your defense are playing high up the pitch and the ball gets cleared out with a punt. One of my CDs is usually on station to collect the ball but for a totally inexplicable and rather unrealistic reason, merely walks towards the ball while an opposing striker covers three times as much distance in the same amount of time, gets there first and then has an entirely clear run on my goal. Thankfully I don't concede many of them.

Also, to a lesser extent I tend to concede annoying goals when the ball is bouncing around the goalmouth and one of their players gets there first and toe-pokes it in.

Reasonable explanation: he lost concentration.

Archived