Form, morale, confidence, help needed !

I'll use example to explain this.

So, im playing milan atm, 2nd season finished. Everything was fine most of the season, i linked 16 games without losing in league, lost 1 game, than linked 10 without defeat again. Suddenly i lost one more game and everything started to turn on me. i started to struggling with everyone, couldnt score more than 1 goal on match, morale was bad all the time, seemed impossible to increase it. anyhow i had 9 games left in season and i won only 3, 3 draws and 3 loses. beside league i dropped from CL, and italian cup. in the end i managed to win the title thanks thanks to difference i made when it was going well, and few loses from inter in away games. but it is clear that i didn't get out of "crisis" before season ended.

That "crisis" happens to me every season i play and its frustrating because i don't know how to get out of it...

So, my question is pretty obvious, how to deal with that?

One more thing, my assistant manager is saying to me that my team tends to get complacent against teams with lower reputation and overwhelmed against teams with higher reputation. So, how to deal with that?

I'm sorry if this questions are already answered but i couldn't find it, and if this topic is in wrong place.

hope someone will help :)

You can increase morale by interacting with the player and asking them to train harder or warning them they would be transferred if they don't train harder. Don't know if this is a bug or exploit, but it works every time. Be careful though, sometimes if you do it too many times in a month, the player will be unhappy. As for the complacency question, there is nothing you can do about it. The assistant manager says that all the time. Hope this helps.

You can increase morale by interacting with the player and asking them to train harder or warning them they would be transferred if they don't train harder. Don't know if this is a bug or exploit, but it works every time. Be careful though, sometimes if you do it too many times in a month, the player will be unhappy. As for the complacency question, there is nothing you can do about it. The assistant manager says that all the time. Hope this helps.

not entriely accurate. You are correct with telling the player he needs to train harder etc, it isnt a bug cause if you do it 2-3 times a month they stop listening and get unhappy. In regards to the Asst man comments, they dont just say it all the time, what they tell you is accurate. The only way to fix it is to buy players with higher motivational and professionalism skills, or if you have a few young players in your first squad try tutoring them, also make sure your captain has very high influence stats. You also need to check your Asst Man's stats to make sure he is giving the correct information most of the time.

I had this with Reading in the Championship. Top of the league, dominating. Had a loss after a 17 game unbeaten run. Then i drew 4, won 1, lost 2 in my next games. This costed me a great FA cup run. Reached the fifth round, got a great draw against Millwall (who we had beaten in the league a week ago 3-0). And we lost 2-1 with a shocking performance and a late consolation. Throughout the poor run of form i had very stern team talks and often spoke to the players in private. Morale dropped from Superb/Very Good to Okay/Poor.

I found the best cure is to predict. If you lose a game or two in a row, or begin to play worse, i would go back to the basics. To sort out my problems, i put most of my newer signings on the bench and put out the team that knew each other the best. I scraped a win over leicester away, and went on another massive run. I just solved it by switching back to previous formations and more familiar "safe" tactics.

Archived