Are you enjoying the game as it is at the moment?

Are you enjoying the game as it is at the moment?  

275 members have voted

1. 1. Are you enjoying the game as it is at the moment?

• I am enjoying the game
    • It's not enjoyable, patch ASAP

I see a lot of people complaining about how the game is unplayable, and I personally find it fine. The match engine could be better, regens could be better, but I see no disastrous problems right now. This is just my opinion though.

Anyway, I was wondering what the majority opinion was on the SI forums, is the game enjoyable for you right now or will it need to be patched for you to get any enjoyment?

I have only 2 major problems with the game at the moment: 1) I can't sell any player for a profit, and 2) players' morale flips like a switch from superb to very poor overnight because of media and interaction.

Media bombardment of rumors about managers under pressure is also a big annoyance.

I'm not voting, it needs an ' I'm enjoying the game but it needs improvments soon' vote too.

why? this thread isn't about that, i think most people would agree it needs fixing but that should come with the next patch. The question is simply are you enjoying it now?

why? this thread isn't about that, i think most people would agree it needs fixing but that should come with the next patch. The question is simply are you enjoying it now?

The simple answer to that is, if everyone votes 'I am enjoying the game' it could be misconstrued that " oh look every one's enjoying it so it doesn't need fixing "..... I have to admit I am enjoying the bits that do work properly very much and there is good potential for this game to become possibly the best manager game ever but as you say, we know it needs fixing in a few departments first.

I voted for enjoying it, because I am. Yes there are things that need improving but I have full confidence that SI will fix anything massivley broken, and a tonne of things not massively broken. They always have done before, and will continue to do so.

Even so there will still be a tonne of threads about how broken the game is because peope are unwilling to admit that some things are their fault, or some things are meant to be the way they are. I bet if you did this for every patch the results would be pretty much the same =P.

The simple answer to that is, if everyone votes 'I am enjoying the game' it could be misconstrued that " oh look every one's enjoying it so it doesn't need fixing "..... I have to admit I am enjoying the bits that do work properly very much and there is good potential for this game to become possibly the best manager game ever but as you say, we know it needs fixing in a few departments first.

not at all what it means. I'm not sure how active you've been on the forums but if you have been on since the release of fm 11 regularly then theres no chance of this being misconstrued as the game doesn't need fixing.

The tactics screen is bugged so badly its hardly worth playing. Players cant be dragged and dropped sometimes, custom views are bugged. Players get frozen so they can only be accessed by going into the player details screen and there are issues with selecting multiple players. All of my saved custom views now look like :custom:custom:custom:custom:custom:custom:custom etc etc

The tactics screen is bugged so badly its hardly worth playing. Players cant be dragged and dropped sometimes, custom views are bugged. Players get frozen so they can only be accessed by going into the player details screen and there are issues with selecting multiple players. All of my saved custom views now look like :custom:custom:custom:custom:custom:custom:custom etc etc

I must confess this is what annoys me most. Having to keep constantly clicking to "Formation"!!!!

ha ha - poll is dead heat at the mo.

For me I'm enjoying it on 11.1 immensely. Couple of small irritations but that is all. Managing in lower leagues, I don't encounter problems with transfer fees or French internationals (in seasons to come i will but by that time I will have patched and carried on in my current save).

I am really enjoying it, I think this has the potential to be the best FM/CM game ever. My only gripe with it is the transfer 'bug'.

I have not been able to sell a single player for anything like his true value in the 2 seasons I have played. For an example the most I could get for Berbatov was £2.5m. A lot of the players I want rid of, O'Shea, Carrick, Owen etc, I can't even shift for nothing. This will become 'game breaking' as my finances are in a terrible mess due to bringing players in and not being able to get rid of anyone.

However, I am sure this will be fixed, I just wish SI could give us some indication of when?

I'm enjoying it.

Two straight promotions as winners of the BSS and BSP with the FA Trophy in the cabinet as well. I'm even about to sell a SC/AMC to TNS for £110k who only played 11 times for me last season as he was that far down the pecking order; I think I could have got more but I only offered him out at his value as I wasn't expecting any takers and I didn't want to scupper any deal by trying to raise the transfer fee during negotiations.

Two things I don't like:

1) Really hard to find a feeder / parent club. This kills the game for lower league clubs, because early in the game it's the only reliable way of extending scounting knowledge beyond your region.

2) Hard to get reasonable youth players on loan - again makes low league managing difficult.

Apart from this everything else seems fine. I'm currently managing FC United of Manchester using a slightly bugged custom database. As soon as the new patch is released I will start a new save.

I think there should be a third option.

I'm not enjoying the game at the moment, but it has nothing to do with patches, future or past.

I'm just unable to find consistency. And my teams' performance is suffering bigtime!

I'm enjoying it because, like most of the people here, I'm a freaking FM junkie ;)

I've played every edition since CM2, and God help me I even made it through 6 seasons of CM2008... so my level of tolerance/enjoyment isn't a good way to estimate how good the game is...

Still, FM2011 has very annoying bugs/issues that significantly diminish the amount of fun I have playing it.

Transfer market is terribly constipated, while the AI still has the bad habit of buying useless players while allowing good ones to leave for free.

Players interaction looks like it could be moderated by Oprah or by Ricki Lake, and generally speaking, players have more moodswings than a menstruated bi-polar teen... And on the top of those two big issues, there are a lot of minor annoyances that haven't been fixed, which by themselves wouldn't be the end of the world, but put together contribute to make the game less enjoyable.

So yes, a patch is needed ASAP, and it'd better be a good one, not the usual "overmedication" that will just produce the exact opposite of the problem it was supposed to fix... ;)

I'm enjoying it now, mostly. It's by far the most challanging fm to date IMO. Though the transfer bug and a few others are In danger of ruining my long term save if they sort it out this patch it'll be the the best fm ever by far.

After much excitement though, I am becoming a little disalusioned with the regen system though. Not nearly enough quality throughout the spectrum.

A question for the people who voted they are enjoying it, is your tactics screen working perfectly or do you just work around the problems? Im not saying you couldnt get some enjoyment out of the game but you have to really really want to... I wish i was in a position to hold an opinion about the transfer market, but its such hard work struggling with the tactics screen that i gave up before transfers became an issue. Do some people actually have 100% working games in that respect?

My game isn't 100% working, there are issues and even at a lower level I have seen instances of the transfer issue. It's just that those problems are at most minor annoyances that will hopefully be sorted out in the next patch because none of them are game breakers.

My tactic screen is working fine, except for sometimes having to change the view in the tactics during a match and always changing to a saved tactic at the start of a match because of the set pieces changing randomly; all I do is go to tactics after setting the OI and before the team talk and change to my saved tactic and that's sorted out for the full match.

I'm enjoying it. It's difficult to sell players, altough i did manage to sell a 32-year old Reyes who was on 175k a week. I wouldn't buy the crapplayers I'm trying to sell, so i guess it's normal nobody else want's them. I think the big problem is the ludicrous wages some (old) players are on.

Transfer system is most important thing for me from every FM I have played since.

How can I enjoying the game when transfer system is not working ?

Currently Im enjoying FM10 with updated database.

The inability to have a long term career game starting at the bottom ruins it for me. There are far too many bugs that alter your playing style within the first few seasons making it impossible to continue. No problem with big teams though. Also Editor appears to have issues so cannot add too much into the game or it will stop working. This is being looked at meaning until the patch is out I can't really enjoy it to its full.

although some of the prices for good players being shipped out are a bit low i think its realistic the reasons they get sold, like if a player falls out eith his manager and the manager wants to show his superiority so he sells the player. Plus i got gareth bale fpr £7 million

Yes i'm really enjoying it so far, and have not had any problems with the transfer system.....yet. I turn it off in the first window anyway, but in the jan window i sold Bentley for £8mill straight cash. Hopefully by the time i get to the end of the season, the patch will have made it slightly better. Neil Brock said it would save compatible, so i'm praying that will be the case otherwise i'd be massivley disappointed, as i would not have the will to start the season over again.

I am genuinely not enjoying it. Recently got sacked in my 5th season as Spurs manager (not the reason I'm not enjoying it :p), and can't be bothered to start again with a real long term game when I know that the world will be riddled with ridiculous transfers. Applied to the Man City job, they offered me a contract, negotiations broke down and they've been without a manager since (about 1 year). And I don't have the motivation to look for another job :D

So I'll start my proper career when the transfer/player happiness system is fixed, but until then, FM 2011 is on the back burner for me. In my opinion, this is the most broken Football Manager release yet, which is a shame because I thought FM 2010 was (and I suppose still is) the best yet.

Not playing it at all because theres no point, its not playable now and a patch wont affect a save game.

A near 50/50 split is not good for SI, especially considering this is where youd get the highest % of fanbois which would skew the odds in favour of people being happy.

Exactly. I can't believe there are people who rationalize so much. It's so clear there are bugs in this game. Major ones that God knows how these bugs got past beta.

I also worry that if too many people try to brush the broken interface under the carpet then it might not actually get fixed. That would be such a disapointment. It might be possible to play with atm, but it isnt fun.

That has been a massive problem in the past. I remember some massive issues buried because some had the "Not in my game" syndrone, and thus it can't be true, and thus they never got sorted to later! Funny enough two of the worst culprits are now Mods!!!

Not really... :c

Custom views, bugs during matches (after a player is injured in the first half, during the break the injured player is back on the pitch and I have to replace him again..), straight red cards thrown around randomly due to stupid "violent" tackles (4 consecutive matches ftw!), and some mindf*** moments from the keepers.

Also "transfer listed by request", a little too hard to loan out players, dodgy player development (especially from the AI... 3 years on and almost every youngster looks the same he did in June 2010 :|), poor financial system in the lower divisions, and board requests getting frozen forever.

Oh also the lack of response from SI regarding the whole "Add B team" thing. (failure)

Exactly. I can't believe there are people who rationalize so much. It's so clear there are bugs in this game. Major ones that God knows how these bugs got past beta.

I know, I spotted bugs in the 1st 10 mins of playing, like the opposition formation switching to my team as I played home/away and the widgets moving all over the place.

These were unmissable bugs yet they made it into the game.

Fanbois denying these problems exist are actually harming the development of the series if SI doesnt take the problem seriously.

not at all what it means. I'm not sure how active you've been on the forums but if you have been on since the release of fm 11 regularly then theres no chance of this being misconstrued as the game doesn't need fixing.

OK, I see you're one of those twisted little gits that just won't shut up until everyone agrees with everything you say, so the fact that, despite admitting it's a great game and I enjoy playing it, I'll also have to agree with your other self opinionated comments, oh great master of 2,190 posts....... get out more mate and you wouldn't have so much time to post!

Archived