No interview questions about goal scored after allotted injury time.

Just conceded a goal a minute after the signalled injury time, was down to 10 men and was delighted my team managed to go ahead. The highlight only started about 45/50 seconds after the game should have ended (there were no substitutions during the injury time) and I knew as soon as it came on the opposition were going to score.

I really wanted someone to ask me about it in the interview after the game, or even a mention of it in the post-match reports but there was nothing. I wanted to be able to slaughter the ref for it because it really was a joke and I needed some way to vent my anger!

This should really be included in further games or patches in my opinion.

Maybe worth including as I could see it being discussed IRL, but technically the added time is an "at least this many minutes" sort of thing, not an allotted period of time. The ref is free to allow the game to go on for longer.

Maybe worth including as I could see it being discussed IRL, but technically the added time is an "at least this many minutes" sort of thing, not an allotted period of time. The ref is free to allow the game to go on for longer.

Yeah that's true but there normally has to be an incident of some sort for the game to carry on for a minute extra. I looked through the report afterwards and there was no sign of anything occurring (other than my player missing a sitter to finish it off!!)

Also they can't indicate more time than is to be added on. So if there was 3 minutes and 58 seconds to be added on, they have to show 3 minutes even though it is nearer 4.

I think SI has to look at the injury time, at least 9/10 times it goes on for like a minute more than signalled. And while the ref is indeed free to end the game when he wants to IRL they rarely let it run much longer than what the fourth official shows.

I once conceded a goal in the 95th of 93 minutes. Raging and preparing to slate the referee in the post-match press conference, I then scored in the 97th minute!! We still managed to lose the shoot out though (twas a league cup match!) as only 2 of my players managed to get it on target!

Archived