11.2 Patch - 4-3-1-2 'Total Football' Tactic - Spurs Double 1st Season!"

Hello All,

I've been given permission to release this tactic from a person on another board - having tested all versions to lead to this current one. All credit goes to 'Onox' from another well known FM site.

I used this tactic from start of a new game with Spurs, and won the Premier League & Champions League in the first season.

I've tried several tactics from various forums and always test with Spurs... they have a good strong squad with a decent cash supply. I must have started about 30 games as them using different tactics since the game was released... which allows me to test properly and identify a good tactic from a bad one... this is a VERY GOOD one!

Tactic Information:

The tactic formation is 4-3-1-2. It uses wide play and quick tempo to break down opponents back half and dominate it with pressure with strong possession football. This tactic uses two creative midfielders (MCL and MCR) to create chances and deliver lethal through balls to the AMC or Strikers. The AMC is an inside forward, he's offensive and usually hangs in the front (Almost as a third striker). It's pretty solid at the back, rarely caught out but occasionally concedes from crosses... but this is a bug in the game.

Opposition Instructions:

I have a habit of always clicking on ask assistant before I apply these O/I's then overwriting his settings using the ones below:

Strikers: Tight Marking, NO tackling instructions. Weaker foot if assistant sets it

AMC AMR and AML: Closing down, follow assistant tackling advice and shove on weaker foot.

MR and ML: Closing down, Tackling Hard and Shove on weaker foot.

Note: If playing against a team with only one striker and one AMC - Tight marking on the AMC also needed along with Tight marking on the striker.

Mentality Instructions:

The Default mentality for the tactic is set on "Attacking" however when playing home games I set Overload or on easy away games. Feel free to experiment yourself and see what works for you.

Sideline Instructions:

This tactic requires NO Sideline Shouts, however if you are leading and there is 15-10min Left of the match and you want to try and ensure victory then do:

Strategy: Contain

*Retain Possession

*Take a Breather

*Play Even Safer

*Pass to feet

Match preperation:

I let the Assistant Manager handle Match Preparation.

Corners and Freekicks:

Have you tallest and best heading/Jumping defender play the right center back role as he is the one that will try to head the ball into goal during corner and free kicks.

Note: Due to the current bug in game the player set piece instructions will sometimes untick them selves as you play on. Have a look at all of your players instructions from time to time, if the setpiece buttons are unticked and greyed out simply tick them and the players should go back to the original instructions that I set for them.

Pitch Size:

I use minimum size pitch

Screenshots of my success:

Final League Table: http://img149.imageshack.us/i/95282760.jpg/

Champions League Results: http://img600.imageshack.us/i/72903465.jpg/

End Of Season Squad Stats: http://img35.imageshack.us/i/53173647.jpg/

Dream Team: http://img406.imageshack.us/i/28096476.jpg/

How the tactic looks: http://img819.imageshack.us/f/tacticr.jpg/

If anyone would like to see more screenshots please let me know, I'm happy to provide them upon request!

Finally, the tactic download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?lce1jn8ptsrt3g3

http://depositfiles.com/files/axww5ycti

http://www.filefactory.com/file/b49f917/n/Spurs_4-3-1-2_new_Tottenham_Aug_2010_.tac

Please try and give it a go - do ask any questions, and try it for at least 10 games before posting feedback... those who post and try it after 1 game, halfway through a season - please don't post here!

UPDATED TACTIC: http://www.filefront.com/17817263/4-3-1-2%20Magneto.tac

I've been working hard on developing the tactic to make sure it works brilliantly on the most recent patch, and am very satisfied with it, and hope you will all try it out.

The defence is much more solid, and the attack is still very potent. Set pieces have been changed a little and are more solid at the back, with an occasional goal from offensive ones.

I'm currently on a 15 game win streak in a new game as Spurs - only conceded 3 in those 15 games, including games against AC Milan, Arsenal & Man Utd.

All of the same rules (OI, Match Shouts, Pitch Size etc) still apply in the information above, so please re-read the instructions.

I'll be posting some more screenshots of my new save once I get a good portion through the season... but this has been extensively tested so it's a proper full version release.

Enjoy, and as always - any questions please let me know!

Forgot to add how the tactic actually looks - here it is: http://img819.imageshack.us/f/tacticr.jpg/

Also added to the OP.

Incase your wondering why I'm 20th (lol) - just played the first game of the 2nd season away at man city and lost 2-1 - but it was an early kickoff before anyone else has played!

Also managed to get Sneijder for 22mil, fell out with Benitez at Inter!

It will get better as the matches go on.

Your assistant (if he's good enough) will automatically adjust depending on teams - I purposely checked this... when I was playing Wigan at home for example, he had the team concentrating on Attacking, yet the next game I was away at Lyon and he had us focused on attacking set pieces. It's ideal for me because I'm proper lazy!

Hi and thanks for sharing this formation.

I use it with Milan and with some tweaks it is from far the best tactic i have ever used.

But i did change a lot of things.The left central midfielder is now a box to box player and now he scores many goals!!!

The 2 fullbacks are now in attacking mode in home games and automatic in away games.In some games where i need more possession my n°10(the player behind the 2 strikers) is a playmaker with a support role so he comes deeper to take the ball and hold up for it and wait for the fullbacks.

I will post my results til now but if i remember correctly i did 16 matches with 16 wins, 40 goals for 2 against.

An amazing away game was against Juventus(2nd in the league and with only 4 goals against), after 2 minutes they open the score with Chiellini from a corner and we struggled for all the first half to respond.At the end of the half i told my players that they were playing bad and the second half i swap 2 players: Boateng(n°10) out for Seedorf and Pato out for Matri...Seedorf took the ball, one amazing pass to Matri and 1-1!!!After that we were amazing...1-2, 1-3(Ibra) and at the end 1-4!!!!

Great win.

So thanks again for this amazing tactic.

Btw Mike, we joined the same date!!!coincidence...

Hi and thanks for sharing this formation.

I use it with Milan and with some tweaks it is from far the best tactic i have ever used.

But i did change a lot of things.The left central midfielder is now a box to box player and now he scores many goals!!!

The 2 fullbacks are now in attacking mode in home games and automatic in away games.In some games where i need more possession my n°10(the player behind the 2 strikers) is a playmaker with a support role so he comes deeper to take the ball and hold up for it and wait for the fullbacks.

I will post my results til now but if i remember correctly i did 16 matches with 16 wins, 40 goals for 2 against.

An amazing away game was against Juventus(2nd in the league and with only 4 goals against), after 2 minutes they open the score with Chiellini from a corner and we struggled for all the first half to respond.At the end of the half i told my players that they were playing bad and the second half i swap 2 players: Boateng(n°10) out for Seedorf and Pato out for Matri...Seedorf took the ball, one amazing pass to Matri and 1-1!!!After that we were amazing...1-2, 1-3(Ibra) and at the end 1-4!!!!

Great win.

So thanks again for this amazing tactic.

Btw Mike, we joined the same date!!!coincidence...

can you put a link to your tweaked tactic? and do you use the same OI as the original tactic?

thank you

can you put a link to your tweaked tactic? and do you use the same OI as the original tactic?

thank you

Sure i will...this evening when i'll get back home.

OI: Im quite the guy who looks for the best players of the other team and change everytime the settings.

I mean that i won't mark C.Ronaldo the same way as Eto'o if u know what i mean...so it depends of the opponent.

So i won't have settings by default for everyone don't like it.I personalize the best i can.

You couldn't load tactics on other site, unfortunately from two offered download tactics I can not = (((Thankful in advance!!!

Sorry - could you download the tactic or not?

If there any other good file sharing sites then let me know and I'll add it on there.

This tactic is still going very strong for me in the 2nd season!

Going to give this a go with my Atletico save, im not using wingers so this looks perfect!

Is there a Defensive/Away Game/Strong opposition option for this tactic? Or does this seem to work against most teams?

Hey - how's it going with Atletico?

I don't change the tactic for any games, regardless of opposition or home/away - I sometimes use the 'Contain' with shouts (located in OP) if I'm away from home and trying to hold on to a lead, but use it no longer than in the last 10-15 minutes.

Thanks mate. Havnt had time to give them a proper go yet what with Baby and Work, but i might be able to sneak an hour or two in later in the week! Want to see if i can get Forlan and Aguero firing on all cylinders! Trying to buy Eden Hazard at the moment, bought in Kevin Ramil along with Hazards younger bro!

Just out of curiosity, what have you done with the likes of Lennon and Bale?

I'm not sure I could ever sell those players ;)

Just looking at the tactic now.

The shouts are interesting...... there are so many overwritten instructions that many of the shouts only adjust one or two players at the most.

When you change to 'Overload' at home, are you aware that you are changing just 5 instructions? Most of these are on the GK.

I know this looks like I'm picking the tactic apart, which I assure you is not my intention..... I'm just trying to understand it better.

The number of overwritten instructions is so vast, almost all team changes or tactical shouts are only going to change a very very small amount of instructions. It may just so happen that these minor changes are key, but on the whole I don't see how these changes are relevant......

All that said, the overall tactic speaks for itself when you look at the results......

LAM

Glad people are starting to use this and getting results - I urge more people to use it and read the OP in full so you get the most out of it!

As for the shouts - I was aware of that, it might be a placebo type effect but most of the time I've used it, it has worked - I occasionally use the 'Take More Risks' with this too. I was aware the instructions are all done per player, which I think gets the most out of them - so if you choose not to use the 'Overload' setting I'm confident it will still work.

As for Lennon, Bale, Bentley - sold them all - I sold Lennon & Bentley straight away as I knew I couldn't use them... Bale I did play at LB for a while but he's not good enough in the Marking & Positioning departments - I hated selling him as he's brilliant, but the money helped me get the right players in! Fitting players into this tactic like that won't work, they need to be naturally good in each position!

Another update - in my 3rd season and things are going well - just got the England Managers job after Capello retired - played 4 games with them with this tactic and won them all - Denmark, Czech Republic, Moldova & Netherlands.

It just rips teams apart and is very steady at the back game after game - just beat Chelsea 3-1 away, then current league leaders Man City 4-0 at my place... I always seem to get off to a slow start each season - think it's because the fluidity of the understanding of the tactic drops between the end and start of a new season, but after a few games and some careful interaction with players, along with some positive pre match conferences - it starts to pick up massively!

Mike Dodgson: you will need to ask a mod to fix the title, not possible to do it by edit

rusty: from my expriance of using similar tactics I have to say it really depend on how the good team line up and how keen they are to send forward there fullbacks (and how good those fullbacks are going forward)

This is a brilliant tactic, I'm gutted I haven't tried it sooner. I'm using it with Panathinaikos in my 2nd season, I've only played about 10 matches using it but the type of football it creates is awesome, free flowing possession football.

I'm a bit baffled though that my strikers are having trouble finishing. I'm creating loads of chances but they're struggling to convert. Did you have left footers on the left? All my strikers are right footed so I haven't tried that. I currently have Djibril Cisse, Vaclav Kadlec, Yannis Tafer (Loan) and a Paraguayan regen who is really good.

Cheers for uploading and any solutions to this mystery will be great!

A screenshot from my last match against my closest rivals Olympiacos - note the number of CCC's created!

http://img641.imageshack.us/i/panathinaikosvolympiako.png/

Title updated - thanks for the suggestion above!

I didn't have any left footed strikers either - just right footed ones, so I'm unsure about if they would do better! This tactic does create a load of chances for them though so it looks like they waste so many!

Good result against your rivals though, hope it keeps going for you!

merry christmas everyone! OK well I was winning every game with this tactic in my Lazio game then I went on honeymoon - I come back looking to build on my winning streak, but oh no whats this? A new patch?!

Seems like super keepers have returned, I cant score from any corners and this tactic has become wildly inconsistent, anyone had any issues with these sorts of things or have any changes they would make to this tactic?

Another update for you Mike. Since using this tactic I've won 4 consecutive Greek Doubles with Panathinaikos and somehow pulled a Euro Cup out of the bag, beating Arsenal in the Semis and Real Madrid in the Final. I've got a pretty strong young team now made up of people like Ninis, Giovinco and Kadlec along with a whole bunch of talented regens. Nevertheless, I was never fancied to win the trophy and we were total underdogs.

In response to Johnny1980, I hope that this isn't the case! I'm just starting a 11.2 save now with Torino and if it still works the way it did, I've no doubt that in a few seasons I'll be at the top of the Serie A or there abouts.

I'll carry on with this save and give you more info.

EDIT: By the way, whose tactic is it and which forum is it off? I think I'll have to join it!

Glad people are starting to use this and getting results - I urge more people to use it and read the OP in full so you get the most out of it!

As for the shouts - I was aware of that, it might be a placebo type effect but most of the time I've used it, it has worked - I occasionally use the 'Take More Risks' with this too. I was aware the instructions are all done per player, which I think gets the most out of them - so if you choose not to use the 'Overload' setting I'm confident it will still work.

As for Lennon, Bale, Bentley - sold them all - I sold Lennon & Bentley straight away as I knew I couldn't use them... Bale I did play at LB for a while but he's not good enough in the Marking & Positioning departments - I hated selling him as he's brilliant, but the money helped me get the right players in! Fitting players into this tactic like that won't work, they need to be naturally good in each position!

Another update - in my 3rd season and things are going well - just got the England Managers job after Capello retired - played 4 games with them with this tactic and won them all - Denmark, Czech Republic, Moldova & Netherlands.

It just rips teams apart and is very steady at the back game after game - just beat Chelsea 3-1 away, then current league leaders Man City 4-0 at my place... I always seem to get off to a slow start each season - think it's because the fluidity of the understanding of the tactic drops between the end and start of a new season, but after a few games and some careful interaction with players, along with some positive pre match conferences - it starts to pick up massively!

Will be giving a detailed list of attributes needed for each position coz i may want to use this tactic in a career game or is it just a case of using the players you have? also, what kind of strikers to i need? Thanks

Glad people are having success with this like I am.

The tactic is being worked on for another version for the new patch - even though it still seems to be working fine as it is - I'll keep everyone updated!

It would really help if you gave details of attributes needed. Or is it just a case of using the information the information in the tactics screen? Thanks. Btw, i'm loving your tactic coz i'm on course to winning the prem, in the semi's of europa league and in the fa cup final with my beloved crystal palace. I've only been in the league for 2 seasons!!!!!!!!!!

Great tactic, ive used this for 1 1/2 seasons with man utd now and in second season they are averaging 5 goals per game, although, its started conceding quite a bit too.

Average scoreline so far over 10 games this season is 5-2 to me.

Any ideas how to shore up a leaky defence? Or how to get my 3 centre midfielders getting in on the goals more instead of the strikers / AMC all the time?

This is by far the best tactic I have used for FM11 thus far and i have used alot of them. Currently in my 3rd season with Liverpool with 1 league win and 2 FA cups in the bag. 1 Legue cup runner up. Europa league and Champions league semi-finalists.

testing it properly for the first time now with roma along with a 4-3-1-2 tactic of my own creation, started out with trashing reservs 6-0, yet still it did not feel 100% optimal just yet, think i will implement my own corner setings first of

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/6783/englishpremierdivisionis.png

Second season with the Hammers. Finished 5th using Mr Houghs in the first season and only got a transfer kitty of 2.6m. Here are the transfers i made

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/6716/westhamunitedtransfersh.png

I had Tompkins Upson Spence all injured for over 4 weeks at some point but still look at the goals conceded. Awesome Defensive record.

Had Obinna on loan in first season and couldnt hit a barn door but he has been amazing upfront for me with an average overall rating of 7.65 from 14 games.

Also played 4 europa games W4D0L0 GF10 GA0

What a tactic

Archived