Are injuries an issue?

This isnt a complaint or anything im just curious if people are being unlucky with inuries, or does it seem a common thing this year so far?

The reason I ask is for my benfica team last year a had numerous long injuries throughout the season inluciding

Hazard - 7 months

Pato - 4 months + 2 months

Munian - 5 months

Coentrao - 5 months + 2 months

Willian - 3 months

Aissati - 6 weeks

Luiz - 4 months

Burdenski - 2 months

This year, as the seasons starts my injuries are as follows

Lukaku - 5 months

Burdenski - 5 months

Vidal - 2 months

Santa Cruz - 2 months

Paz - 5 months

Ratiskyi - 3 months

Sidnei - 2 months

Like i said, this isnt a complaint or anything, im just more curious as to am I unlucky or does it seem a normal thing.

The problem is, im going into every match worrying that i will get one more injury, and what is more frustrating is the likes of Lukaku this year got 'knee tendinitis'. Such a random injury to get. Not from training or a match.

Last season (when I had a big squad) I had barely any injuries. This season I trimmed the squad right down and got the inevitable injury crisis :mad:

Like real life football, injury crises can be fairly unpredictable and can just come down to bad luck.

I haven't had any consistent problems. The only injury issue I've had is with my star striker, who broke his neck a week after I signed him, and then ruptured his cruciate at the beginning of the following season! Grr. My own fault for not checking his injury history!

Yeah. I mean this wasnt a complaint thread or anything, was just curious as to are people getting the injuries I am.

Its just really frustrating. Being benfica, I dont have a massive squad, and these injuries are making me play players all out of positions just to field a team, plodding on though lol

Last season (when I had a big squad) I had barely any injuries. This season I trimmed the squad right down and got the inevitable injury crisis :mad:

Like real life football, injury crises can be fairly unpredictable and can just come down to bad luck.

It happened to me as well :\ They always seem to come in the worst time.

And got both my GK injured outside of a transfer window so had to resort to an horrible u-19 keeper..

Maybe holiday through matches. I notice if you holiday through matches, first choose your squad, tactics and then tick use current tactic, use current squad selection if possible, you don't always get injuries, at least not one injury per game, which is horrible. In my first season with Chelsea, I watch all matches and I get on average one player injured per game, not to mention training injuries. In my second season, I holiday through matches and injuries are few. Maybe SI can look into this?

I've barely had any injuries all season. The odd one here and there but my squad is really not getting anything, to the point where i will have to trim the squad down for next season because i can't get certain players on the bench even. But i put alot of emphasis on resting players after matches and especially after a heavy run of matches, works very well.

Its the torn calf muscle that does me, i cannot remember a player being out for 5 months in real life.

I had that a few times in my first season in the BSS, I put it down to not having any decent fitness coaches. I got promoted and was allowed a larger number of coaches and got in 2 fitness coaches and this season I had no torn calf musccles and far fewer injury problems overall.

So double check that you have 1 fitness coach doing Strength training and a different one doing Aerobic with at least 3 stars on each.

In reply to the OP that's way too many, either you're super unlucky or you're doing something wrong.

My theory is that fatigue causes injuries and things like hard training schedules and aggressive tactics cause more trouble than benefit, especially with a small squad.

As I said, that's only my theory.

Yes it's true. I am in march now and my players are all really fit, because i make sure they get rested when they look like they need it, and i don't train them too hard. Hence i haven't had any hindering injuries, and no-one is training badly

I haven't had any consistent problems. The only injury issue I've had is with my star striker, who broke his neck a week after I signed him, and then ruptured his cruciate at the beginning of the following season! Grr. My own fault for not checking his injury history!

Surprised he is even still playing after breaking his neck. I'd imagine that would normally be a career ender at the very least.

What annoys me is pre-season injuries.

I set all the tackling to easy, reduce closing down and forward runs a lot to not have any muscular injuries and it works fine, yet i'm bound to always have at least one injury "caused by the challenge of xxxx" for 4,5 weeks if not more.

I also always play 11 players each half so their condition never gets too low.

It seems to me that the AI plays way too hard for a friendly.

Maybe holiday through matches. I notice if you holiday through matches, first choose your squad, tactics and then tick use current tactic, use current squad selection if possible, you don't always get injuries, at least not one injury per game, which is horrible. In my first season with Chelsea, I watch all matches and I get on average one player injured per game, not to mention training injuries. In my second season, I holiday through matches and injuries are few. Maybe SI can look into this?

If what you are saying is true then it is even more justification of any 'injury problems' being user driven. Your assman is obviously better at managing your team (in terms of fitness and rotation) than you are.

this time last year i actually gave playin FM due to the incredible amount of injuries i was gettin but by the time the final update was released it wasnt nearly as bad. the current version of FM seems ok as well, no where near as bad as it was this time last year.

Both of my goalkeepers got injured for a month at one point, which was a blow, but I've been pretty lucky with injuries.

I've had this and all you can do is play the reserve/ u18 keeper until either a crocked keeper comes back or a decent loanee is available!

This year, as the seasons starts my injuries are as follows

Lukaku - 5 months

Burdenski - 5 months

Vidal - 2 months

Santa Cruz - 2 months

Paz - 5 months

Ratiskyi - 3 months

Sidnei - 2 months

Them injuries above where before the season even started. Before pre season friendlies etc etc.

I dont think its down to my management at all. Random injuries from people in training over and over seemed too much. Lukaku getting knee Tendinitis on top of all this just makes it frustrating.

Im not saying its a bug in the game, i was more wondering if its happening to others.

As for resting players. Its not a major concern, i make sure my players are fit before i start them, and in portugal, the seasons are a lot shorter than most countries so they get plenty of rest in between games.

And at the moment, ive kept with the normal training schedules so im not giving them heavy training loads.

And I know im unlucky at the current time, but when my players go off injured in matches, its the other team injuring them, not self inflicted

Maybe a slight suggestion, but maybe it could be something to do with the portuguese league. I dont know how the game is coded, but maybe there is code for injury frequencies within different leagues. The reason I say this is because the portugal save is a game I play with my friend and this season he is also having the same injury problems, but on my personal save I play as morecambe, I am using at current the exact same tactics, same training, playing more games more frequent and hardly getting any injuries, and this is a with a team full of low league players without the stanima, natural fitness etc of the better players in the game.

Just a possible theory maybe

On a side note Kameni just got injured for 3 months while playing for his country. I really dont mind the odd injury but i just think these are coming a big thick and fast.

Archived