Ok, what just happened? Sudden big drop in all attributes

I have made a young player, 17, for my team in the danish Superliga with big potential. First year everything went fine, but then suddently almost all his attributes dropped two points without any warning or explanation. Basicly all his progress for the entire year went out the window.

What just happened? What can make a player drop two points across the board, both technically, physicallly and mentally?

He has -10 in potential, så he should develoup into a good player. I have played Football Manager for many, many years (since the beginning of the CM-franchise basically) but this has never happened before. He has been happy in training, he have had almost no injuries and have played first team football the entire year.

It spends CA points, 10-20 i think.

Is this true?

I hope not because I buy players with good attributes for a certain position and retrain him for said position. I've just bought a CM who has good winger attributes and am retraining him as a AML/FL.

well, me hearty maties accross the globe

this fine young fella has been around for 10 years!!!! and has a total post count of 4 and used 2 of those 4 in this post, so by god this is important. someone really took the cherry out of his pie, so it would be much appreciated if someone could at least give him a serious answer.

and another thing, we have this partially blind italian hanging around the bugs forum wanting to be able to change the pitch colours and he ain't getting much help either????

anyway I've been away for a while and I just wanted to say from the bottem of me hearty that I have really have missed all you guys and gals :)

Remember also that the winter break is pretty long here in DK, which means there is a few months where they get little to no competitive matches. And if you don't do much in the area of friendlies, then expect to see alot of progress lost over the winter period.

Is this true?

I hope not because I buy players with good attributes for a certain position and retrain him for said position. I've just bought a CM who has good winger attributes and am retraining him as a AML/FL.

It isn't true.

It's partially true. When a player learns a new level in a new position they tend to drop attributes and then regain them again through training. It's normal behaviour. Learning the new position uses a chunk of their training time. Once the position is accomplished set there training back to normal and they'll begin to reattain their lost attributes albeit with some possible variation of stats.

Archived