Manager wage?

I drive the hardest bargain I can, and only ever extend for one year, so that renewals come faster, and I can push for more :D

Hah, I do the same thing! Managed to get Blyth Spartans up to the PRM, been there for 5 years now and I'm up to 110K p/w in wages! :) I'm on higher salary than my highest earning players :')

Man City approached me few months ago though, I checked transfer history for the club and noticed that they'd have to pay 2M in compensation for me.. pretty nice to see I was worth that, hah

• 5 months later...

Thought id dig this old post up ;)

I do the above. Always offer myself a big wage on the longest contract, so if I was ever offered another job, my club would get something for me so they wouldnt be losing out.

Currently on £83k a year on a 5 year contract with Spurs in 2017/2018. weeee

I tend to get offered a 1 year contract each time, and negotiate for a 2 year one with a slightly lower wage to compensate. Getting 2.1k pw at the mo, which is something I'd take in an instant IRL. It's also a gazillion times what I was earning at the start of the game - it's the 7th season, and my career earnings are 240k.

I don't see much point in asking for more wages than I'm offered, it is only a game after all.

i thought since 11.3 you aren't able to go lower than the wage they offer you?

i've tried and the '-' button is unusable!

If that's true (I'm not at home and haven't noticed this myself) but if that's true then I can see why they've done it, to stop people taking the mick with £1 a week wages (game should be called Homeless Football Manager) But I don't think it's right either - because people do take pay-cuts at lower league levels to help the finances of a club, some people are just nice like that, and the option needs to be there.

There does need to be some way of managing it so people can't take the mick with stupidly low wages, but while maintaing the realism and giving the user full flexibility of negotiating either up or down. Not sure how they'd go about that really... maybe have the board come back with "Don't be silly, we wouldn't dream of letting you run our club full-time for a quid a week..." and automatically putting the amount back up. Then if the user chooses a quid again, "Look, we appreciate you're trying to help the clubs funds but at the very least take a wage for it - we need you to be able to afford to eat to stay alive to continue managing us! The minimum we'll accept is £250 p/w..."

Something along those lines!!

Question though. Im tempted to go to a smaller club. Because im on a high wage, if I apply will the club not offer me a contract as they may think they cant afford me?

Good question. Was wondering the same thing. But then just thought if you were to 'resign' and then apply for job, then your new club wouldn't have to pay compensation for you so they'd be much more likely to be interested if they are that much smaller and only financial reasons were keeping them from appointing you.

Archived