I'M a grown 28yo man

With a wife and a son and a responsible job, and yet here I lay in bed in the dark obsessing and fuming over the fact that in a video game I have just been beaten by an opposition I believe to be inferior. A game, ffs and I literally can't sleep cause I'm so annoyed.

My wife is right, I'm a sad ****er. :(

NEWCASTLE ffs!!!! Grrrr

Tell me I'm not the only saddo out there who can let this game affect their evening.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

doesn't get any easier with age either. My missis is always having a go at me for having a go at my underperforming players. "but they're not real", she'll plaintively cry. "of course they're real, look!!", I shout pointing to the screen.

She thinks i'm a sad ****er as well.

With a wife and a son and a responsible job, and yet here I lay in bed in the dark obsessing and fuming over the fact that in a video game I have just been beaten by an opposition I believe to be inferior. A game, ffs and I literally can't sleep cause I'm so annoyed.

NEWCASTLE ffs!!!! Grrrr

Tell me I'm not the only saddo out there who can let this game affect their evening.

Yep. I feel your pain. I'm 26, run a company and am in a committed relationship, living with my GF (All be it, only just....) - And I get frustrated to hell with this game :D

• SI Staff

I was in a particularly bad mood a few days ago until I won promotion to the Premier League with Southampton and it put me in a good mood for the rest of the evening.

Tell me, i need some advice from the four of you with partners.

Were you lot addicted to FM when you met them cos that may well be where i'm going wrong! :(

Yeah. I met my (then) girlfriend in 2000 but I'd been addicted to CM (as it was then) since 1997! My wife says she doesn't mind my addiction as at least I'm home at nights and she knows where I am and what I'm doing.

I have a similar problem, except I just swear at the monitor in frustration when things go wrong, the misses just laughs.

Was flying high, first place in the Serie C2/C until a 7 game streak where I could not win a game took hold, I finished in 6th spot missing out on the playoff's

Had to go play Black Op's so I could take my frustrations out in killing other people.

Now I come back today, have a better team, and I am struggling in midtable, luckily the misses has taken the kids out, because I am not a happy camper at the moment.

Really doesn't get any better - I'm knocking on 50 and I'm the same.

The solution is to put your missus on the right training schedule. For me it's

Soaps - normal

Sex - normal

Movies - high

Chat - minimum

Sims - high

Keeps her sweet and leaves me in peace with my FM campaign.

Post of the year! <LMAO> But watch out, as someone will complain that your solution requires too much slider tweaking. :D

LOL. :) Wow, I thought I was the only one obsessed with FM so much so that all I do is come home after work and play it all evening. LOL. No more social life for me because all I think about is my current team and how to improve them all day at work.

My wife doesn't mind me playing because she gets the television all night.

Soaps - normal

Sex - normal

Movies - high

Chat - minimum

Sims - high

Haha, genuine lol at this.

Well, I feel much better. My wife pretends she would rather spend time together etc, but I know she loves being able to watch all her crap.

Ive been with my wife for 8 years now and every now and again she likes to moans about football manager.... the sort of things she says is you spend to much time on that stupid little game....you should spend some time with me....

I like to remind her that its been part of my life much longer than she has and she should give football manager some respect.

yeah my wife thinks I'm a nutter as well, for yelling at my laptop screen every now and then! But I'll say this: Thank God for Farmville! It has given me many nag-free evenings of playing FM! :-)

PS. The training schedule above is top class!! all i need now are the appropriate coaches for each category - except one...

Soaps - normal

Sex - normal

Movies - high

Chat - minimum

Sims - high

You forgot the reality shows that the women like.

Soaps - normal

Sex - normal

Movies - high

Chat - minimum

Sims - high

Couldn't agree more. While she's in front of the TV I can play FM. When she's on the PC, I can drive like Schuey on GT5 or kill like the SAS on Black Ops. And then once the kids are asleep, the schedule changes dramatically:

Soaps - Lowest

Sex - Maximum

Movies - Lowest

Chat - Lowest

Sims - Lowest

FM: View-only

NEWCASTLE ffs!!!! Grrrr

Haha dont worry mate im 31 with a young son and a pretty involved job and i do the same. Sometimes during this period I have an idea which i have to enter into my phone as a reminder in case i forget. Annoys the missus although she doesnt know the exact reason im using my phone at 2am. Probably thinks it is an affair!

Usually in work im in an office on my own so I play FM when i can!

Tell me, i need some advice from the four of you with partners.

Were you lot addicted to FM when you met them cos that may well be where i'm going wrong! :(

I was but the secret is to keep it hidden from her until she is in too deep!

Ease off on the FM when she is around and she wont suspect a thing!

Soaps - Lowest

Sex - Maximum

Movies - Lowest

Chat - Lowest

Sims - Lowest

FM: View-only

Tut, tut, lack of commitment to the cause there, TG. I bet you in 5 years' time two of those settings will be reversed (view-only while FM is processing and the missus is snoring in the next room).

Tut, tut, lack of commitment to the cause there, TG. I bet you in 5 years' time two of those settings will be reversed (view-only while FM is processing and the missus is snoring in the next room).

Very true.

After having a kid you will have the following.

Soaps - Normal

Sex - Minimum

Movies - Lowest

Celebrity reality shows - Maximum (For her)

FM - Maximum (For you)

Conversation - Minimum

I have two. And another due February.

Congratulations! Noticed that after I read your thread properly!

Hats off to you for keeping things going in the bedroom. My missus has changed dramatically since childbirth :(

FM is the only thing to keep me occupied once the little one goes to bed. To be fair it does a good job :)

is she not perfoming in the bedroom? ha

Fortunately the new player interaction model will equip him to deal with these situations.

->Interaction->Have Private Chat->Performance->Last Night

"Your last performance was unacceptable, try and do better next time"

Exchange a few harsh words and it will invariably end with her saying "I stand by what I said. I think I should leave now before I say something I'll regret."

Fortunately the new player interaction model will equip him to deal with these situations.

->Interaction->Have Private Chat->Performance->Last Night

"Your last performance was unacceptable, try and do better next time"

Exchange a few harsh words and it will invariably end with her saying "I stand by what I said. I think I should leave now before I say something I'll regret."

:)

Dismiss advice!

I have a 7 month old baby daughter. When I'm feeding her I make sure a 3D game has just kicked off then make subs/tactical changes when winding her.

FM gamer first, father second.

You ain't seen me, right?

I should disapprove but thats Genius!

I have a two year old and now when the missus goes out I get him to sit on my lap watching peppa pig on my i-phone while i play FM11. Ocassionally i get guilty and take him to the park but its useful thinking time to mull over tactical changes and new signings.

Don't anyone have a wife who's also into Football Manager?

This fact alone bugs me more than the fact that grown-up 30-something-yo men are yelling at their computer screens at their top teams who are performing like relegation fodder. I mean, haven't we heard this numerous times already? What FM does to you, I mean.

Having a FM family would really be something. Eventually you could put the son on some training regime so he could get on to become the only person to take San Marino to consecutive World Cup wins without replay. Then you could sign him up to manage IRL Accrington Stanley or FC United with a CV that reads:

Took AFC Wimbledon to CL cup 10x, EPL 13x, FA Cup 8x, LC 15x (23 seasons)

Took San Marino to WC glory 5x in a row

Took FC United up the table every season before winning the CL in the second season the club was in EPL

Soaps - normal

Sex - normal

Movies - high

Chat - minimum

Sims - high

This tactic is not working for me. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? What's your going out settings?

Archived