"Do I not like that!" - Bad luck stories

Ammuse me. icon_biggrin.gif

Mine isn't much - as Spurs (who won the Premiership and UEFA Cup double two seasons ago, and finished 2nd in Prem and semis in Champions League last season) at home to a mid-table Portsmouth who lost their last 3 games in a row without scoring and their last 3 away games.

We dominated, we got 12 shots (4 on targer), about 30 free kicks and more possession. I even took off a central defender for an attacking midfielder/striker because we were so dominant. In the 88th minute Portsmouth gain possession, cross the ball in, but there were plenty of defenders back to get a touch on the ball. My right back scored an own goal. -_- We lost 1-0.

Ammuse me. icon_biggrin.gif

Mine isn't much - as Spurs (who won the Premiership and UEFA Cup double two seasons ago, and finished 2nd in Prem and semis in Champions League last season) at home to a mid-table Portsmouth who lost their last 3 games in a row without scoring and their last 3 away games.

We dominated, we got 12 shots (4 on targer), about 30 free kicks and more possession. I even took off a central defender for an attacking midfielder/striker because we were so dominant. In the 88th minute Portsmouth gain possession, cross the ball in, but there were plenty of defenders back to get a touch on the ball. My right back scored an own goal. -_- We lost 1-0.

I finished 3rd in league 1 in my first season with Swindon, I thought I probably deserved to go up automatically, but the league doesn't lie!

I got to the playoff Final and pasted Crewe all over, but ended up drawing 0-0, then in the 120th minute, Jason Puncheon scored a net busting freekick fron 35 yards, which was Crewe's 2nd shot on goal in the whole of the preceeding 119 minutes. The Commentry actually said that Crewe's Goalkeeper put on a masterclass, which only served to make me madder than I already was!

mine would have to be playing in ym spursgame before i went back to my native leeds. I was playing Palmero in the uefa cup final and i was 4 - 0 up at half time, was 4 - 1 up with 10 minutes spare was 4 - 4 at full time. Lost 5 - 4 on penalties i dropped everyone after that and raged. Spose its like the spurs defence in real life tbh.

Playing as Liverpool (who i despise in real life but fancied a challenge) I drew Man U in Champs League quarters. In history of CM/FM i've never been confident drawing a team from the same league in Europe as I always seem to lose. Thought this one would be different however when i won the first leg at Anfield 3-0. I was sure my team would be able to see out 90 minutes at Old Trafford. The confidence did not last long as on 36th minutes Tevez notched his FOURTH goal of the them match and I went on to lose 5-1. What surprised me most is that I wasn't too upset because in the back of mind i guess i knew it would happen

On my first go at FM07 I played as Newcastle, set myself the target of finishing 4th, at christmas I was top but then fell away badly and couldn't score, kept thinking when I get Owen back I will have a really good side. Last game of the season I needed a draw to qualify for the champions league against Man City, played Owen for the first time and lost 1-0 with Owen missing loads of chances including a complete sitter in stoppage time.

So we missed the target but then the real bad luck was the club went through a takeover in the summer so I couldn't buy any of the players I wanted, then they said they wanted to appoint their own man but would give me some time.

However with a couple of players released and no new players my results were awful and I was sacked.

Torture.

as bishop's stortford i was 4-0 up against dorchester and then drew 4-4, the very next game i was 3-0 up against cambridge city and i draw 3-3.

a few seasons later dene shields with finishing 5 and composure 4 scores a hat-trick against me, and another guy with pace 2 beats three of my players to score a wondergoal, some guy from forest green with finishing 8 scores a hat-trick and then to cap it all off

my wage budget is £4k and i have £800k in the bank so i ask for some money for transfers as lee frecklington had just become available for £50k. for the last four seasons the board haven't given me a single penny to spend, low and behold they refuse my request and then i give an ultimatum and then i'm sacked, bloody marvelous

Two cup finals with Leeds and a potential 4th place finish...

Lost both finals, missed out on 4th spot on goal difference ... to Derby. Oh, and went out of the Uefa semis on penalties after blantently bad offside decision denied me an 88th minute winner.

Way exceeded board expectations, but still gutting. Especially as Arsenal beat me 5-0 in the FA cup final.

Currently with Halifax, started preseason with on-loan Barnsley striker Coulson. he got 3 goals in 2 friendlies then in the first 3 games of season we won 4-0,4-1 then 3-2 he got 5 of those goals then received and achilies injury so i returned him to Barnsley not knowing he couldnt return for a second loan period after his initial one. good cup runs got us some cion in the bank so i blew my only £1,000 on Andy Liddell. He discussed terms then agreed. I confirmed the transfer the day after he accepted terms. I then went to assign him his training instructions only to check his status and discover he had broken his leg the day before he signed....he was all clear when I made the contract offer.....I thought the board may have cancelled it but neither of us spotted it.... im not HP

Champions league final, chelsea against arsenal 4-1 up - sitting pretty. Adebayor scores a stunner in the 85th minute, not too worried yet, terry squares the ball to walcott to pass into an empty net on the 90th minute, starting to get concerned... carvalho then plays a pass too heavily and it goes past cech, for walcott to bag his second tap in...i start screaming, and in extra time, cech takes a free kick from out wide, and rather than just lump it upfield, he decides to pass it to bendtner, who passes the ball into an empty net.

I wasn't happy.

Just finished a game last night:

I am Liverpool playing Lazio in 2nd leg of 1st knockout stage of CL. I was 3-1 up from 1st leg and playing at home in 2nd leg.

Score was 1-0 to me when Mascherano was sent off at 30 minutes. No problem I was 4 - 1 up on aggregate. 20 minutes later lazio score to make it 4-2 on aggregate.

I make a substitution and bring on a DM and took off a forward.

After 55 minutes my DR Rafinha was sent off as well. Down to 9 men.

I make my 2nd and 3rd substitutions to shore up defence and replace a knackered player.

Lazio score again to make it 4-3 on aggregate. 10 minutes to go and Lazio score again to tie the game.

Extra time and my players are knackered after playing 60 minutes with 10 men and 30 minutes with 9 men. Score remains 4-4 so penalties start. I won the penalty shoot out 2-1.

The problem for me is that upto February I had no sendings off at all - then I had two in one game. In total I received 11 yellow cards and two reds in the game and Lazio received 2 yellows. two players who had yellow cards have now reached their limit so I am left with 4 suspended players for the quarter finals - Aaaaaargh

When I looked at the ref stats after my game - he had only ref'd one previous game and in that game he had 2 reds and 8 yellows - what an arsewipe. I should have looked at this before the game and planned accordingly.

Anyway, I had another game a few days later and had to play a load of fringe team players because my first team were all tire and I lost that game in the league to Birmingham.

Not happy but there you go

All these pale into insignificance when compared to this one...

I was playing CM01/02 a few years back. I was Forest playing in the champions league final against Real Madrid. I quickly went two goals down. My keeper, Lastuvka, was having a miserable game. I quickly subbed him, but no sooner did I do that than we conceded another. I got the team in at half time and roasted them. Immediately after, we had a penalty. We missed it but got the rebound. Our tails were up, we quickly got a second. For our equalizer we were lucky enough to have Roberto Carlos sent off for a professional foul. We scored from the resulting freekick. After that, it was one-sided. At the final score it was Real Madrid 3 - 5 Nottingham Forest. Almost immediately I got a text message from my girlfriend of 6 months saying I was dumped. Took the shine off a bit, frankly!

I had an almighty stint with ajax, won the league five seasons on the trot as obviously is fairly simple, going 49 games unbeaten along the way. My main task was to win the champs league and every season I edged closer and closer until I finally got to the final where we faced arsenal. Ajax played out of their skin, completley out playing arsenal the whole game.

It finished 0-0 and went into extra time where arsenal knicked it with a minute to go and only their third shot. The sickening thing is the goalkeeper for arsenal was Maarten Stekelenburg, a man my chairman sold above my head.

Needless to say I didnt speak to anyone for a long time afterwards!!

I've got a couple.

Firstly I managed to get over 90 points in the Championship 2 seasons running and failed to go up automatically both times, before losing the play-offs. I checked the final tables of 16 real life 24 team divisions and not once did a team that got my points total fail to cruise to automatic promotion.

Secondly I am currently playing with Tiro Federal in Argentina, and because of the high tax I for some reason had to pay first season we gathered a bit of debt which I managed to get us out of. The chairman though just hours after our transfer window shuts decides to sell my star player to a top flight club who seemed to have an extra day to sign players.

That meant I had to change my team around a bit and we were heading for a safe mid-table finish. Incredibly though in the second half of the season we improved no end and got to within 6 points of 2nd place (automatic promotion). The gap increased to 8 points though as Olimpo in front just kept winning. But they started to stutter and it was down to a point going into the final game.

I didn't want to check the Olimpo score until after the matches had been played. We faced Independiente Rivadavia, a poor side who overachieve, which is the sort of side I always struggle against. They raced into a 2-0 lead with my previously solid goalkeeper playing like Rab Douglas on a bad day, and my defence all over the place. I substituted the goalkeeper and changed tactics second half and quickly raced into a 3-2 lead. They got it back to 3-3 though, only for us to go 4-3 in front on about 87 minutes.

Then the game hit 92 minutes and a ball over the top is ignored by my defence. My substitute goalie races out of his goal and misses it leaving their striker with a tap in. 4-4, and I check the Olimpo score after the match. It was 1-1. We would have gone up had we held on. To compound matters a news item said the equalising goal was offside. I checked and it clearly was. The FA even agreed it was such a bad decision! With my awful play-off luck in the Championship I was dreading the 2 matches with top flight club Gimnasia LP, and was contemplating a future without my star loan signing and other star attacking midfielder who the chairman would probably sell.

But we won 5-2 on aggregate and got promoted. So it did all end well after all despite all the earlier bad luck. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jedclough:

I was playing CM01/02 a few years back...I got the team in at half time and roasted them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lies! Team talks aren't in CM 01/02! *geeky observation*.

All your sad stories humour me greatly, and make me happy I don't have this luck. icon_biggrin.gif

Guest sav112

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ched:

Champions league final, chelsea against arsenal 4-1 up - sitting pretty. Adebayor scores a stunner in the 85th minute, not too worried yet, terry squares the ball to walcott to pass into an empty net on the 90th minute, starting to get concerned... carvalho then plays a pass too heavily and it goes past cech, for walcott to bag his second tap in...i start screaming, and in extra time, cech takes a free kick from out wide, and rather than just lump it upfield, he decides to pass it to bendtner, who passes the ball into an empty net.

I wasn't happy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or clan matches are like this your not safe on 3-0....in fact its to scripted nad we see it coming. icon_frown.gif

I was furiously clicking through my team selections when I was in a bad mood, just hoping to get to the match and by some form of bug or another I was allowed to advance to the match without picking a single player. I lined up with 0 men against top of the league Arsenal and lost 60-0. Needless to say, a reload was in order.

Another horrible state of affairs is that Man Utd are £1billion in DEBT but still listed as a Rich club because of a loan they have! Robin van Persie transferred to Chelsea on one of my games, which cut me up inside!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eggfwiedwice:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jedclough:

I was playing CM01/02 a few years back...I got the team in at half time and roasted them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lies! Team talks aren't in CM 01/02! *geeky observation*.

All your sad stories humour me greatly, and make me happy I don't have this luck. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well spotted! All the rest happened though!

Archived