How well are you Defensive Midfielders playing?

I've noticed that pretty much every defensive minded central midfielder i play, rarely averages 7/10. These are top quality players, too, such as Michael Carrick and Owen Hargreaves to name a couple. Why do they so often get an average rating at best, and has anyone else noticed this?

I've had the same problem, I've found that unless you're playing a Deep Lying Playmaker who gets a lot of assists, it's unlikely a DM will get a rating about a 7.2

It's strange because I have a CM who plays a very defensive role, just breaking up attacks and giving the ball to more creative players, but he gets higher ratings all the time, seeing his tackling is phenomenal. But it does seem to be a problem with DM ratings

They mostly play OK as anchor men. Standard 7.0 stuff. Pass it sideways. Can't complain. Never do anything extraordinary of boss the game though.

Deep Lying playmakers are rubbish though. No different to having an anchor man. They never play any great long balls or anything else to distinguish themselves

Archived