Not being able to sell players totally ruins this game

I'm Man City in second season.

Can't get rid of the following players on a free!!!!

Gareth Barry

Shay Given

Michael Johnson

James Milner

I understand their wages are high, but I could pay the difference.

No club in the world wants Gareth Barry on a free transfer with me paying 40% of his wages?

It has been well reported mate and will be fixed.

I actually thought I had finally sold a player on my Ipswich save...he was valued at 1 million I finally got him to agree to join a club for 475k,he had refused so many better clubs because of his demands.

I was behind my keyboard cheering that I finally got him sold when the next message read along the lines of "the transfer has been cancelled as BOLTON could not free up the 475k for the transfer"...I laughed,I opened a tin of beer and logged off the game.

They need to have an option for the other team to pay the extra wages, or for players to be more realistic and accept less money.

On this game, no one EVER takes a pay cut. Players would rather be a free agent than accept 5k less. Then as a free agent they are happy to take 10% of their previous wage of all sudden.

• SI Staff
They need to have an option for the other team to pay the extra wages, or for players to be more realistic and accept less money.

Why would Gareth Barry want to go somewhere else and earn less?

Maybe he wouldn't Ter, but if Man City placed him on the transfer list and offered him out for free, surely there would be a sniff of interest.

Even if a club couldn't quite match his wages at city, he could ask city to pay the difference.

Also, I don't play him. surely he would want 1st team football to keep him in contention for the national side.

Him not wanting to move isn't the point, City would have plenty of offers if they offered him out on a free! Same with given, Johnson, Milner etc

Silly comment,

Quite a few,in fact a lot of players have moved on for less money just so they can get 1st team football,since we are talking about Man City players lets see just how much managers are willing to pay the likes of Lescott etc come the next transfer window.

theres no excuses that this game is broken, i get a little fed up listening to people who work for SI coming out with excuses for the game when we have spent our hard earned money on the game and a month after its been released its still broken.

• SI Staff
Maybe he wouldn't Ter, but if Man City placed him on the transfer list and offered him out for free, surely there would be a sniff of interest.

I'm sure there would be a bit of interest but these teams would likely struggle to match what he currently earns, which is probably silly money.

Even if a club couldn't quite match his wages at city, he could ask city to pay the difference.

Possibly, but if the difference would be too great then maybe that won't be considered.

Also, I don't play him. surely he would want 1st team football to keep him in contention for the national side.

He might want to stay and try and fight for his place and see if the situation is any different come the next transfer window.

Him not wanting to move isn't the point, City would have plenty of offers if they offered him out on a free! Same with given, Johnson, Milner etc

If we make that more relaxed then you will basically get spammed with transfer offers.

This is only one case we're talking about here as well. I just started a new game and offered out Gareth Barry and had offers come in from Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham.

I'm sure there would be a bit of interest but these teams would likely struggle to match what he currently earns, which is probably silly money.

Possibly, but if the difference would be too great then maybe that won't be considered.

He might want to stay and try and fight for his place and see if the situation is any different come the next transfer window.

If we make that more relaxed then you will basically get spammed with transfer offers.

This is only one case we're talking about here as well. I just started a new game and offered out Gareth Barry and had offers come in from Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham.

All this would hold water if your player was not asking for a transfer as he wanted 1st team football,I now have 4 players that requested a transfer as they wanted 1st team football but 3 of them refuse any offer(and I mean quite a few)as they do not get bonuses after a certain amount of games played,there is 1 player I ahve offered out maybe 10 time's and he has had maybe 15 offers but still remains at my club even though a couple of Premiership clubs have come in for him(I am Ipswich).

You can try to put whatever spin on it you like but I am sure you know yourself there is a problem with the transfer system,lets be honest here even SI have said it will be sorted in the next patch so no need to sugar coat it.

• SI Staff
All this would hold water if your player was not asking for a transfer as he wanted 1st team football,I now have 4 players that requested a transfer as they wanted 1st team football but 3 of them refuse any offer(and I mean quite a few)as they do not get bonuses after a certain amount of games played,there is 1 player I ahve offered out maybe 10 time's and he has had maybe 15 offers but still remains at my club even though a couple of Premiership clubs have come in for him(I am Ipswich).

You can try to put whatever spin on it you like but I am sure you know yourself there is a problem with the transfer system,lets be honest here even SI have said it will be sorted in the next patch so no need to sugar coat it.

Have you reported it in the bugs forum with an example we can look at to see why he isn't moving?

I can sell ok, but haven't played with a top club in any league yet, so am not paying anyone silly money (nothing higher than £7.5k per week).

But I really struggle getting players (17/18 year olds) out on loan, either nobody comes in or the player rejects it.

I know that was always the case with some players which seemed about right depending on who came in for them, but not nearly all is it seems now.

I have managed to sell a few players and I've seen a lot of players move around, though mostly all for less than they are worth. My trouble is I have a quite a few youngsters who are maturing to selling point and I can't sell them and they won't go on loan. A lot of good talent is just going to rot in my team and my game would be poorer for it.

Exactly when does the new patch come out exactly? I'm starting to sweat a little.

i agree with Froog, either the actual programmers need to test this game, or the beta testers should probably look for faults rather than just playing the game, im sick of buying FM and not being to actually play it till the next year!

are you trying to defend the transfer bug ..................surely you cant be doing that

I had a go with FMRTE to see what would happen changed players stats to max CA/PA reputation.... even put them at £0 transfer fee and £1 k a week wage ...guess what happened...no bidders

so a player with max stats(a legend) on a joke a joke wage gets no interest ...the said player is aged 27 so in his prime too

the transfer system makes the game unplayable end of story

Well, I'm sure he'd rather a First team role, 5 year deal, 40k. Than reserves on 80k for 2 years, then nothing because everyone sees him as a wasteman.

Loads and loads of players have taken pay cuts. Especially when THEY demand a transfer, or when they are in relegated team and not in much demand. Or even just to move to a larger club sometimes a player will take a pay cut.

Archived