Too many manager sackings & Manager Merry-Go-Round

I've just finished the year 2011 on my game and have noticed that there are waaay too many manager sackings in the game, and there seems to be a Manager Merry-Go-Round where managers seems to be jumping from club to club. Also managers seem to swap clubs so to speak. For instance Liverpool hired Harry Redknapp and on the same day Tottenham hired Roy Hodgson!

Arsene Wenger managed 3 clubs within 18 months.

I'll use the Premier League as an example, here is a list of the clubs and who their current managers are at the end of 2011:

Arsenal: Javier Aguirre

Man City: Arsene Wenger (having joined Sevilla in first season.)

Chelsea: David Moyes

Everton: Steve Bruce

Blackburn: Mark Hughes

Fulham: Sam Allardyce

Liverpool: Harry Redknapp

Tottenham: Roy Hodgson

West Ham: Tony Pulis

Stoke: Gary Megson

West Brom: Alan Shearer

Sunderland: Gianfranco Zola

Why are there so many manager sackings and why do no managers have any loyalty on the game they just jump from club to club? The Arsene Wenger situation is most worrying, he left Arsenal to join Sevilla after about 5 months of the first season.

Its the major reason i refuse to play now. I can live with crazy transfers as its only a game (though they are a problem) but the managers moving is ridiculous. It bothers me because the most loyal of managers are moving, so that stat means absolutely nothing and I can't keep a consistant rival throughout ONE season.

It's unfortunate that the most loyal managers leave the clubs because if that wasn't the case, you could somehow fix it by giving all the managers a loyalty of 20 and change all the chairman's patience (other than obvious ones : ie. city / real etc). :(

But because I still like the game, I just took up an international career. could care less what happens in the world as long as my players don't get injured. Plus less interaction hazards.

Check how long the reign of everyone managing one of the 92 English League Clubs....and how much of the list have been in their current post for less than 2 years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_Football_League_managers

70 of them have. Meaning 70 out of 92 clubs have changed their manager at least once for whatever reason in the past 2 years. Out of 92. That's mad. That's reality. Sod a computer game!! :)

Check how long the reign of everyone managing one of the 92 English League Clubs....and how much of the list have been in their current post for less than 2 years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_Football_League_managers

70 of them have. Meaning 70 out of 92 clubs have changed their manager at least once for whatever reason in the past 2 years. Out of 92. That's mad. That's reality. Sod a computer game!! :)

good point. there is no truth only perception and this OP perception wanting reality is bit different to truth reality seems like. ie reality of football management IS a merry go round.

wish more people would check at the actual real life stats before going on about unrealistic on FM

good point. there is no truth only perception and this OP perception wanting reality is bit different to truth reality seems like. ie reality of football management IS a merry go round.

wish more people would check at the actual real life stats before going on about unrealistic on FM

Check real life stats... ok Einstein let's take a look at Arsene Wenger as an example... He took charge of Arsenal in October 1996, which is over 14 years ago. He has turned down the lure of Real Madrid on many occasions as he wants to stay LOYAL with Arsenal. Then 3 months into my FM game he joins Sevilla when he was top of the Premier League with Arsenal, then 3 months later he takes charge at Man City. Now you can't say that is realistic.

I really must be playing some game different from people in GD ffs. In my game there were almost no sackings.. :mad: Chelsea finished 5th and Carlo is still there. (they still havent won squat) Sporting continuously finish 4th or 5th and their coach isnt sacked either. :|

There wouldn't be an issue if after a year or 2 the manager was sacked for poor performances. This isn't the problem here. Managers leave their clubs volountarily even though they were just hired 3 months ago. Sitting top of the table of the top league and moving to a lower league 1/4th into the season....

I'm only halfway through the season, but the only noticeable manager to be sacked is Sven at Leicester, but mostly it's from the lower leagues. Even Puel, the manager at Lyon, will not be sacked despite them being just above the relegation zone in ligue 1!! He would be sacked for sure. Perhaps though it's too expensive?

It is over the top imo too...

I'm into my 5th season now...and clubs have re-hired managers they sacked last season.....managers take charge only for a month later to be given the dreaded 'must win next match' message, then they get sacked, re-hired....

merry go round is not the word, I know it happens in real life, but in this version of FM ts a little ott.

hell in my current game, Benetiz has had 6 jobs already (I'm in my fifth year remember), and he has now just gone back to Loserpool lmao...

There wouldn't be an issue if after a year or 2 the manager was sacked for poor performances. This isn't the problem here. Managers leave their clubs volountarily even though they were just hired 3 months ago. Sitting top of the table of the top league and moving to a lower league 1/4th into the season....

Agree, this seems to be the main problem. Managers leave their current club way to easy and don't care whether the club they're joining is doing crap while they're on an excellent run with their current club. The other problem I see is the amount of ex-players that immediately get a manager job at some top league club.

Check real life stats... ok Einstein let's take a look at Arsene Wenger as an example... He took charge of Arsenal in October 1996, which is over 14 years ago. He has turned down the lure of Real Madrid on many occasions as he wants to stay LOYAL with Arsenal. Then 3 months into my FM game he joins Sevilla when he was top of the Premier League with Arsenal, then 3 months later he takes charge at Man City. Now you can't say that is realistic.

Unlikely admittedly, but when Sven was riding high with England, I never dreamed he would be in League 2 with Notts County or with Leicester City a few years later. Funny old game. Nothing shocks me.

70 out of 92 English clubs have changed their manager in less than 2 years at least once. That's the reality, the manager merry go round.

It's a game....not a simulation of predicted future. Thinking you're taking a wee bit too seriously slightly maybe? ;)

Archived