How can he only be 7000 pounds/?!?!?!?!? Bargain or bug?

IIRC he's only just signed for them after being freed by Genoa. Therefore he probably has a low rep and a club like Genk (sorry Belgians) won't raise that very much. I should imagine that you would have to pay over that to get him.

But i don't think its a bug, although with the current transfer system who really knows?

Yeah, just bought him for 60,000 and my players are almost partying in the street. Gomes loves me for it, the fans are excited, shirt sales are through the roof, hey for 60,000 what a steal. He only wanted 20,000 a week aswell and hell be a first team regular at right wing back.

Will pay for himself for the price i got him for!!!

Excellent buy ;)

IIRC he's only just signed for them after being freed by Genoa. Therefore he probably has a low rep and a club like Genk (sorry Belgians) won't raise that very much. I should imagine that you would have to pay over that to get him.

But i don't think its a bug, although with the current transfer system who really knows?

To expand further on what edgar said, that's only his FM value. The club could hold him in much higher regard, and not sell him for less than £x,xxx,xxx. Think of it from your point of view. You have a player in your squad, who is valued at £1,500,000 - but you think he is worth a lot more. A club bids £3,000,000 - You reject, because you don't feel that is enough money to truly reflect what he is worth to your club. FM's AI managers also have this way of thinking.

His value is 7k because that is the amount Genk pay for him when he signs for them in January in a pre-set transfer. For a few months after joining a new club, the player's value is always the transfer fee that was paid for him (unless he signs on a free transfer). I doubt that Genk would accept anything like 7k for him.

So it's not a bug or a problem.

i remeber buying him in LMA manager 2005 when he was like 17 or something, turned out to be one of the best defenders in the world!

not sure about in later versions though...

Vanden Borre and Vincent Kompany - both massive laddos.

Archived