Transfer market - your oppinion?

I bought a striker for my Bradford squad and 1 season after that I got the promotion to the championship. He was doing extremely well and requested a transfer, fair enough ... i set his sale price at a reasonable amount and sold him to Burnley for 1 million euros. It turns out the guy hasnt been injured and has failed to play a single game, he is not even playing in their reserves.

Another thing which I find weird, I bid for 1 player on free but Portsmouth got him, I noticed that Portsmouth were interested in several other players on a free and I decided to bid for all 3 of them (at least the ones I could find). I didnt really want them , just did the bids to see if Portsmouth took the bait ... and they did, 3 of these players have never been used either, but they actually did use the one I wanted.

It just seems to me that I have too much influence on what other clubs buy. Maybe you folks have had other experiences.

The transfer market is as unbalanced as it was last year, just at the opposite end of the spectrum.

in FM2010 you could sell almost EVERY PLAYER you wanted, at any stage of the market, provided your club had decent reputation. Even the deadest among your deadwood would at least go for a fair sum.

In FM2011 we have:

* Top Stars being sold at face value as soon as they make waves about the silliest thing (see, PR and players schyzophrenia)

* Good players being released on a free and rotting as free agents (while in reality most of them would at least leave on Bosman rule)

* AI clubs will offer for the exact value of a player, not one penny more. IF you're lucky and they really want the player, you can try to negotiate but...

* ... if you offer a player, you'll be lucky to get an offer equal to his "actual" value.

* But most offers will remain unanswered, no matter how low you go or how good the player you're offering is.

* Instead AI clubs will sign mediocre or obscure 32yo players from unknown clubs/nations, just because the CA/PA and the (Home!) reputation is adequate to the level of the new AI club.

* That, or if an AI club go for a well-known face, it'll probably be the 4th right winger they buy, despite the manager fielding a wingless formation.

Basically the market is illogical and it gives the human players a huge and unfair advantage in terms of strategy. The inability to sell players is just a minimal compensation for that, as this time around a human player will struggle to sell his backups once he has raided the Free Agents list...

But at that stage, he'll probably afford a couple of mutual terminations or of free releases anyway.

At the moment im loving it due to the fact im Cardiff city and iin my 2nd season in prem ive signed players like Balotelli for £6.5mil and a few others who wouldnt even know where Cardiff is.

Hmmm, I am actually having the opposite problem at Bradford, incredibly hard to find any qualified players for my team after the promotion.

RBKalle:

I noticed your situation with Rotherham as I gave them a go for a brief time being able to sing amongst others Fabian Brandy, the story at Bradford is completely different, even after my promotion to the championship ... I have signed one good player so far and spent a vast a mount of time searching the freebies for suitable players. None I have found even come close to f.ex. Brandy.

I also tried to search for all interested players ... but still no luck. So I only found one player I wanted to sign, Anton Ferdinand .... the 1000s of others available are no better than what I already had in league 1.

* AI clubs sometimes transfer list good players too cheap (when unhappy or unwanted)

* AI clubs should make more offers when the user offers out good players

* When AI clubs really want a player from an user club, they will offer max. 2x the market value, however when signing players from other AI teams, they are willing to pay more

I have an even better one! I was Aberdeen and sold Jack Grimmer (a promising youngster) to Blackburn Rovers for £500k plus a 25% sell on clause. 2 years later his contract expired without renewal (i think he had made 1 sub appearance) and i resigned him, so basically they paid me £500k to take him away and improve his stats slightly then give me him back. Hes now a vital part of my squad rotation! lol Happy days!

I don't know about this. I had the transfer window off at the start of the game, but in the anuary transfer window i've just sold David Bentley to Sunderland for £7.5 million, and his market value was 3.2 million, so it is possible. I think it's a case of setting an asking price but who knows. Most teams want a loan to buy deal, which is quite a likely scenario with clubs not really wanting to spend much money now. Keane has gone on a loan to buy, as has O'Hara, and for decent money.

99.9% of available players ( not 100% anyway ) usually are not interested to join your team if they are too good for your average standard, despiting you can cope their salary high requests. Somehow I understand it is a game feature to avoid you to exploit the market and sometimes is also realistic but sometimes it triggers the rule IF player x is good enough to be bought THEN he is not interested to join your team :)

You have to perform zillions human scout tasks to find one talent per year, sometimes 2/3 years are necessary to obtain the really good player. ( spending all the budget and deploying future fee in the next 36/48 months )

My biggest problem has come now, end of first season, won promotion to the Prem with Donny (this is my first game so I don't know what happens at season end on FM11) and all my competitors are spending loads yet I've not had my budget yet so can't buy anyone - seems a tad unfair as I'm missing out on players I'd love to get.

I have noticed some strange ones, sold Shiels in August to Leicester for 725k they've just sold him for 0. Also picked up some bargains myself in January that seem too good to be true. I've just picked up Zaha from Palace on a free seems too good to be true, surely they'd want cash for him he was worth 1.8m?

There is no spoon...I mean transfer market in this game at the moment.

If you check on transfer listed players you will see,as the year goes on many players valued at a lot of money being offered for free,Fahey of Birmingham is for sale for at most 325k in the 1st month of the game,if you keep checking back you will get him for 0...he is valued at 3.3 million,this is the tip of the iceberg,roll on the next patch.

One more thing I'd like to add: I'm in my 4th season now with a midtable Bundesliga team and I have been performing well (won the DFB-Pokal twice in a row) and my players' value increases and most of them are wanted by other clubs, but no club ever makes an offer! I know this sounds strange but I wanted to stay a midtable side producing good youngsters and selling them as stars and rebuilt again. But I can't sell them unless I transfer list them and then the AI clubs only offer 0,5-1x their value. I mean, my players are really perfoming well and I want some offers for them.

My biggest problem is the huge and ridiculous amounts you have to pay to sign a world class player, with enormous fees on signing plus the agent comission.

I tried to sign rooney and aside the transfer value, he asked 30 million for him and also a lot of millions to the agent.

I know it's rooney, but even with other players you have to pay like 7,5 M to the players and the agent, plus the tranfer fee itself.

Archived