New Stadium

Hi,

Has anyone had the problem of a new stadium request being accepted by the board but then stuck on planning?

I am currently Fulham and the planning stage of the new stadium was completed in the 01/06/2013. I am now in June 2014 and there has been no further mention of the stadium by the board.

I currently have £65 Million in the bank.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks for your help.

Yes, it's a known bug but SI won't explain if there's a workaround, when the problem goes away (it does for some), if it will be fixed in the next patch or what we should avoid. Great customer service, if you ask me.

In my first save in this game, I had that bug happen and the "planning" stage lasted for four seasons before I searched these forums and found out it was a bug. I've started a new save and won't ask for an expansion or a new stadium, and I need either or to compete as a LLM bringing the team up the ladder (slowly but surely, as they say). The problem sucks, and I have no idea if it's random, meaning I can save before I request and see if anything progresses, or if the entire system is bugged.

For me it cleared up a year after the listed date. If it annoys you then you can always download the real-time game editor from the mod forums and just increase the level of whatever is stuck manualy.

Thats what I did anyway, was expanding my stadium and it got stuck - I just loaded the editor added 10k seats and took them off again once the 'real' expansion finaly did complete.

I've also had this problem and I'm now 2 seasons after the initial date for completion of the planning and its still stuck, its very very annoying and like chad_ said it is also annoying that SI haven't mentioned on any of the threads about it if they are trying to fix it for the next patch!

For me it cleared up a year after the listed date. If it annoys you then you can always download the real-time game editor from the mod forums and just increase the level of whatever is stuck manualy.

Thats what I did anyway, was expanding my stadium and it got stuck - I just loaded the editor added 10k seats and took them off again once the 'real' expansion finaly did complete.

I realize one can do this, but it's not exactly an optimal method of fixing something. It takes more realism out of the game in my view.

For those who have been able to see the 'planning' stage end eventually, either for a new stadium or merely expansion, how long did it take after the alleged final date? I quit playing the above mentioned save after four seasons after 'planning' was supposed to finish up.

If the board is having difficulty getting permission or funding, there should be a message saying so. Maybe there is supposed to be a message, but no one from SI has commented on this issue other than saying it's a "known issue." SI really has left a lot of customers in the dark on this one and they don't seem to care, and that's more frustrating than the bug since bugs in any software are to be expected but a company ignoring its customers is not.

Well to be fair, planning and construction of a new stadium depending on its size does take years to complete so I wonder if its something SI have tweaked from past editions?

Yah it might not even be a bug. It's probably that SI hasn't got the game to display the timing correctly or the stages. Because most stadiums i've seen get built in 1-2 years.

I realize one can do this, but it's not exactly an optimal method of fixing something. It takes more realism out of the game in my view.

For those who have been able to see the 'planning' stage end eventually, either for a new stadium or merely expansion, how long did it take after the alleged final date? I quit playing the above mentioned save after four seasons after 'planning' was supposed to finish up.

If the board is having difficulty getting permission or funding, there should be a message saying so. Maybe there is supposed to be a message, but no one from SI has commented on this issue other than saying it's a "known issue." SI really has left a lot of customers in the dark on this one and they don't seem to care, and that's more frustrating than the bug since bugs in any software are to be expected but a company ignoring its customers is not.

do you think its realistic that planning has been frozen because of a bug. you offer someone a way to fix a problem and they disregard it so theyve still got something to moan about. your rationale is idiotic

Well to be fair, planning and construction of a new stadium depending on its size does take years to complete so I wonder if its something SI have tweaked from past editions?

True, but in other threads a SI moderator has written that not only is this a "known issue" but that there should be some sort of message at the completion of the planning stage. That's as detailed as any explanation has gotten.

Yah it might not even be a bug. It's probably that SI hasn't got the game to display the timing correctly or the stages. Because most stadiums i've seen get built in 1-2 years.

It might not, but why call it a "known issue" and not explain why it's not a bug but a feature? And planning is different than building. Yes, in previous years of FM it has taken two years to build a stadium, so that is to be expected. What is not expected is that it takes, in my case above, four years to plan and then, presumably, another two to build. No explanation from SI has been forthcoming regardless what is supposed to happen or if anything is being fixed.

do you think its realistic that planning has been frozen because of a bug. you offer someone a way to fix a problem and they disregard it so theyve still got something to moan about. your rationale is idiotic

Using a third party editor isn't a way to fix anything; it's a temporary solution to a larger issue. And note, I have never once complained about anything on these forums. You'd be wise not to lump me in with others who do on a regular or continual basis. I wish I could replay further to your comment, but I have no idea what you're trying to say other than you believe my logic is unsound. Well, you're writing is idiotic.

Check the actual bug forums, SI have posted plenty of times that they are aware of the problem and working on a fix.

Check the actual bug forums, SI have posted plenty of times that they are aware of the problem and working on a fix.

Where? And why do you assume I haven't looked? I even wrote above what the only substantive SI reaction has been. That should have been a pretty good clue I've looked.

A search for the problem comes back with a total of three threads where a SI moderator replies within, and those replies are, as I wrote, they know about it and they are "looking into this issue." Looking into an issue is not synonymous with fixing it. And since you are not with SI, it's one more thread on the same issue where SI hasn't bothered to comment upon to please its customer base.

And why on earth would they ask for save files and 'look into the issue' if they werent looking to fix the problem? For fun? So they can have a laugh at us? Gimme a break.

Of course if they are aware of a problem they will try to fix it, in the mean time you can use the real time editor to bypass it. Unless of course you just want a whine and moan then go for it, we all do it occaisionaly ;)

And if its that much of a problem go play something else for a week or 2 till the patch gets here and we'll all see if its fixed or not.

Where? And why do you assume I haven't looked? I even wrote above what the only substantive SI reaction has been. That should have been a pretty good clue I've looked.

A search for the problem comes back with a total of three threads where a SI moderator replies within, and those replies are, as I wrote, they know about it and they are "looking into this issue." Looking into an issue is not synonymous with fixing it. And since you are not with SI, it's one more thread on the same issue where SI hasn't bothered to comment upon to please its customer base.

Archived