Old style skin

Can anybody point me in the direction of a skin thats as close to 2010 as its possible to be pls, preferably a darkish one. I have to ask, why SI am i having to learn my way round your new interface instead of enjoying the game :( Anyway, does such a thing exist? if not can we have it in a patch pls ?

Cheers dave. Egar, its different enough that i look at it and think... i cba. Not good really. I would much rather be able to play the game out of the box.

Really? I could see your point if you were talking 07/08/09 to 11, but 10 and 11 are literally almost identical, I don't get it :confused:

Im with you edgar, i think this years skin is extremely similar and the only changes i see are major improvments upon fm10. Seems a bit extreme to not play the game because of it.

Glad it isn't just me, I was a bit confused so went looking at some screenies from this year and last and they is so little difference I'm baffled by this thread. Literally baffled.

The interface has changed quite a bit, but once you get used to it I think it is an improvement. You can get quite a few different skins to download and there is a dark one on the patch although it is not as good as the dark one in FM10. But why did SI not work on a dark one to release in the boxed version (SI have already confirmed that it was not ready for release date) and if they didnt why is the light skin so bright? It would be Ok to have a light skin if they toned it down a little>

Yes, I'm struggling to find much difference too.

But anyway, I don't think there's a skin that is exactly like FM10 imagawa. There are a couple that use the FM09-style tree (Steklo XI and Flex, I think) and a few that tweak the current skin (see the Neue port for example).

If I were you I'd have a look here on sortitoutsi and see if you can find something you like. It has a larger range of skins in one place than the Skinning Hideout here.

Well im looking at the dark skin now, and its eye wrenching in some way i cant describe. The no portrait silhouette is too bright which adds to it, as does the colour of the bars on the training screen. I get the same feeling off that as i did from playing fallout 3. Its just wrong. Now you tell me why it needed to be changed.

• SI Staff
Well im looking at the dark skin now, and its eye wrenching in some way i cant describe. The no portrait silhouette is too bright which adds to it, as does the colour of the bars on the training screen. I get the same feeling off that as i did from playing fallout 3. Its just wrong. Now you tell me why it needed to be changed.

I wouldn't say it's that bad. But everyone has an opinion I suppose.

The dark skin gets recreated as it's based on the light default skin. If the skins provided are not to your taste then there are a few community created skins in the Skinning section of the forums you can try.

Its that bad, more than about 5 minutes makes me want to stop playing, even the bright skin is better. Anyway i got a tired eye skin which is alot better. Even so, whats up with it? Refresh rate maybe? Im not trying to make a big deal, but it is really really bad i dunno why you didnt just keep the interface as it was. It would be great if there was some way to put it back...

You're over-exaggerating in my opinion. First, the dark skin was created in a very short amount of time since the community demanded it as it was not supposed to be included in the boxed version. So there will be small design irregularities that shouldn't be there if designed well, but they are all bearable.

The only problem that exists in the dark skin is the terrible color distribution when looking at attributes, and that can be fixed easily. There are guides on how to do it in the skin section which are really easy to follow. Though you are entitled to your opinion, I think your criticism is just too harsh.

This just reminds me of all the complaints when a social networks changes their layout and designs... its not the end of the world, you'll get used to it after a few days and, though you might refuse to agree, deep inside you know *most* of the changes made it easier.

Its not just colours, there seems to be a few extra mouse clicks and the whole thing feels awkward. There is an easy solution tho, just release the old interface with the next pacth. I mean it cant be very difficult to adapt can it? and then everybody is happy.

• SI Staff
First, the dark skin was created in a very short amount of time since the community demanded it as it was not supposed to be included in the boxed version.

That's not true. There was always a dark version of the skin planned but it wasn't quite ready in time so it was decided to hold off and spend more time on it and release it at the earliest opportunity.

Its not just colours, there seems to be a few extra mouse clicks and the whole thing feels awkward. There is an easy solution tho, just release the old interface with the next pacth. I mean it cant be very difficult to adapt can it? and then everybody is happy.

Some of the things you mention might not be skin specific so it's not just a matter of releasing a skin. It would be more difficult that you might think and it's not something we plan to do. We don't have the man power to support multiple different skins unfortunately. Like I said, maybe someone from the community will adapt last years skin.

Archived