Out you go! (again)

I don't know if i'm the only one seeing this but it seems like on this year's FM that as soon as I get settled in a team I have a run of bad results and I'm out the door. No real warning. I get my own staff, training schedules, tactics set we have a good season then the following one things don't get off to a great start and bam...it's all down the toilet. This has happened to me on my last three saves (multiple clubs at each save). Either I really just suck at this game (which is a possibility) or something's wrong here!

Usually after a good season you and the club have an increase in reputation and that makes other clubs play against you differently; the weaker teams will play more defensively and the stronger teams will see you as a threat and change their tactics accordingly.

Also once you start having bad results then the players morale starts to drop and then you'll suffer even more.

The key is to keep the players morale up without making them overconfident and that's not as easy to do as it sounds and when in a bad run do anything you can, including tactic and player changes, to get your team a draw or even a win.

As for the first problem, you need to learn how to adapt your tactics to counter the opponents. Again that's easier said then done and I must admit that sometimes I have a problem with this.

happened to me mate, was at blackburn, expected a mid-table finish, sitting 7th with 7 games to go, i happen to have an off day and lose 4-0 away to sunderland and bam! im sacked! my status was secure and one result and im out the door! so i dont agree with spankie i think it is a bit ridiculous.

Archived