"Awaiting paperwork"

I just started a game with Atletico and the rules in Spain say "Maximum of 3 Non EU Players". But i have already 3 Non-EU in my team all Awaiting paperwork, and although they have more than enough days completed they still await paparwork...Does anyone know how long this takes? I like to buy argentinians and brazilians players so it will be great to free some places...

68288278.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

92295676.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

@bigdanio

But that's not the case here. You are right in that players will often opt not to apply for dual citizenship, but in those situations it says "Sees no benefit" in the area where it says "Awaiting paperwork" in the screenshot above. That he is waiting for paperwork implies that he has in fact already applied for citizenship, so having taken over 2 years now I think it's safe to say this is a bug.

Aguero eventually took Spanish citizenship for me on FM10, not sure if he tends to on FM11 though.

@bigdanio

But that's not the case here. You are right in that players will often opt not to apply for dual citizenship, but in those situations it says "Sees no benefit" in the area where it says "Awaiting paperwork" in the screenshot above. That he is waiting for paperwork implies that he has in fact already applied for citizenship, so having taken over 2 years now I think it's safe to say this is a bug.

you don't know that they applied for citizenship immediately, they may have just done it.

...so having taken over 2 years now I think it's safe to say this is a bug.

If the waiting for planning permission for a project I'm working on IRL is anything to go by, then I would say this is actually a very accurate representation of slow bureaucracy and cinta-roja (red tape) here in Spain ;)

Aguero usually gets his before the transfer window shuts, same for Godin, and Diego Costa's usually goes through in October or so. If you have too many non-EU players you can always drop a coulple to Athletico C and register them there and then move them back to the main squad, that way you can have up to 6 non-EU players at a time.

• 4 months later...

Really? wouldn't that be a cheating loophole to get around real life rules? I don't think it works like that in real life right?

Anyway, just started a new game with Atletico myself and had the exact SAME problem!

Elias the new Brazilian CM they've bought (not me) should really be the ONLY FGN player but as mentioned above, Diego Godin, Aguero and Diego Costa have all spent enough time in Spain and are 'Awaiting paperwork'. But unless at least ONE of these comes through soon before transfer window and registration deadline, ONE of these important players of my squad can't be registered! So I , too was wondering how long it'll take..... I hope Aguero at least gets his before transfer window gets shut.

Damn it's like August 19th now, only 12 days away from squad registration and still no Spanish nationality for any of my 3 players waiting for f'n paperwork!

It's not even like I signed new FGN players, but Elias who was already there as new midfielder this season now looks set to miss out unless something happens within next 12 days..

Alright well nobody helped me but I'll post this there so the next guy who has this urgent question and especially if he picks Atletico Madrid to start things off, he knows the answer.

For me, El Kun got his Spanish citizenship on Aug 31st!! Don't know if it's pure luck or programming but had it come a day later, I would've been screwed as I would've had to leave an important part of an already thin squad unregistered. So luckily, my other 3 foreigners could now all be registered.

Then about a week later on Sept 7, Diego Godin also got his spanish citizenship. Just waiting for Diego Costa's now. Probably be here next month or so which at this point it doesn't matter anyway as long as it comes before January and transfer window opens. When he gets his, I'll only have one FGN in Elias leaving room for 2 more purchases. Perhaps I'll go for Park Ji-Sung who's been transferlisted by United!

Managers should have option in PLAYER INTERACTION asking non-EU players to take citizenship (from any EU nation available to him), because that is what clubs will do to his players.

Shevchenko, now playing in Ukraine for instance, eligible for Italian citizenship. If a spanish club sign him, I think the club will ask him to go to Italy to complete his passport paperwork, no ?

Shevchenko, now playing in Ukraine for instance, eligible for Italian citizenship. If a spanish club sign him, I think the club will ask him to go to Italy to complete his passport paperwork, no ?

No because he would have to live in Italy again to claim citizenship.

How hard would it be for him to rent an apartment in Italy for a short time, or the club to rent one for him?

well residing in a country and renting a flat there are two very different things, he would have to move there and set up a life there and commute to spain to make it work.

Managers should have option in PLAYER INTERACTION asking non-EU players to take citizenship (from any EU nation available to him), because that is what clubs will do to his players.

Another spanner in that is that The Ukraine doesn't allow dual citizenship.

Or the option to pay extra to the agent for a fake passport. Joking aside, I don't get why rich clubs have to wait as long as peasants for gov't to process the paperwork. Can't they pay extra fee to get it done sooner?

You guys have missed the point, that's not even an issue because players automatically it seems DO apply for Dual citizenship when they are eligible.

The problem with Atletico players for example and the reason it said: "AWAITING PAPERWORK" means they already HAVE applied for citizenship... problem is how long it takes to get it and that seems a bit random which I guess is kinda like that in real life too with the bureaucrats.

Anyway, luckily for me, ultimately it all worked out since Aguero got his on the final day of transfer window and I could register my last FGN player in there who wouldn't have been able to play till January otherwise!

Another spanner in that is that The Ukraine doesn't allow dual citizenship.
well residing in a country and renting a flat there are two very different things, he would have to move there and set up a life there and commute to spain to make it work.

in the game, loaning shevchenko for short period to an italian club will gained him italian passport.

in the game, loaning shevchenko for short period to an italian club will gained him italian passport.

The Ukraine thing doesnt work in the game i dont think, but even going on loan counts as living in a country, still wouldnt work for him playing in spain tho.

are you sure ?

because if shevchenko go on loan to any italian club he should be able to gain italian citizenship surely... ?

yes if he goes to Italy, but you suggested he would get Italian citizenship if he went to sign for a Spanish club, thats not the case, only if he moves to Italy again in the game.

The long wait between a player applying for citizenship and actually getting his second passport is hugely annoying! I experienced the same thing at the start of my Almería save but the player in question got his paperwork approved on August 30th (which meant he was ineligible for the first match because it took place before that date).

I don't know if it's realistic or not though.

Who would get on loan Shevchenko? In Italy you can get only 1 non-eu each season, and loaned players are in.

So who will get Shevchenko for few days?

About Paulo Henrique: he has Italian even if in real life he get it only few weeks ago (from what I know).

In FM the game only counts on "living time" and not on "relatives". So there's a little issue.

You should get an option to "wait to get nationality before getting to my team" anyway, it's annoying to partecipate on auctions when a player has few days before other nationality. The AI make offers and you're forced to sign it immediately.

You should get an option to "wait to get nationality before getting to my team" anyway, it's annoying to partecipate on auctions when a player has few days before other nationality. The AI make offers and you're forced to sign it immediately.

It's a good idea. Currently you can only choose to delay the transfer till the end of the season.

yes if he goes to Italy, but you suggested he would get Italian citizenship if he went to sign for a Spanish club, thats not the case, only if he moves to Italy again in the game.

i meant presumably, spanish club sign him, loan him to an italian club for EU passport purpose, is that possible by rule (ingame and IRL)?

years back, juventus sign mutu using livorno's link and inter sign julio cesar using chievo link to bypass 1 non-EU rule, so i think why others top european club won't using means necessarily to bypass rules legally ?

i meant presumably, spanish club sign him, loan him to an italian club for EU passport purpose, is that possible by rule (ingame and IRL)?

years back, juventus sign mutu using livorno's link and inter sign julio cesar using chievo link to bypass 1 non-EU rule, so i think why others top european club won't using means necessarily to bypass rules legally ?

In game i would imagine its possible if the Ukraine are allowed to take second nationality, in real life its not possible. The one sticking point coul dbe the length of time it takes to get the residence, if its a loan i would imagine you would want it a very short term loan since he is old and doesnt have much playing time left, will he get the paperwork done in time is the problem.

I know that but clubs do all sorts of things to get around regulations. If you can show the authorities a tenancy agreement with your name on it and have a residence permit (or whatever the equivalent is in that country) then you can claim to reside there, even if in reality you actually reside somewhere else. I've done it, it's not hard.

Even your alternative suggestion of actually living in Italy and commuting to Spain is not hard to do, I've done that as well (UK/Netherlands not Italy/Spain but the principle is the same).

I know that but clubs do all sorts of things to get around regulations. If you can show the authorities a tenancy agreement with your name on it and have a residence permit (or whatever the equivalent is in that country) then you can claim to reside there, even if in reality you actually reside somewhere else. I've done it, it's not hard.

Even your alternative suggestion of actually living in Italy and commuting to Spain is not hard to do, I've done that as well (UK/Netherlands not Italy/Spain but the principle is the same).

you can do it because quite frankly and, no offence ment, no one would really give a toss, your a nobody in the bigger scheme of things, i cant imagine someone as high profile as Shev getting away with applying for an Italian passport on the basis he lives there whilst being signed for a spanish club. I also cant see him being interested in commuting between spain and Italy on a weekly basis, i would imagine he would really struggle to convince anyone he actually lives in Italy in that situation.

Anyway its all pointless because in real life he cannot do it full stop, doesnt matter which way its twisted or which rules are bent.

I think the original point was saying it would be good if:-

A) You could use player interaction to ask a player to take a second nationality if he is eligible

B) You get a news message when the player applies for nationality telling you that they have done it and when a decision is due (so you can plan ahead).

In game i would imagine its possible if the Ukraine are allowed to take second nationality, in real life its not possible. The one sticking point coul dbe the length of time it takes to get the residence, if its a loan i would imagine you would want it a very short term loan since he is old and doesnt have much playing time left, will he get the paperwork done in time is the problem.

in shevchenko case, the lad has been in italy for 10+ years and all he need is to reside in italy, filing a paperwork and voila, "recall from loan".

but as OP asks, no one know how long the "awaiting paperwork" last in FM11.

in shevchenko case, the lad has been in italy for 10+ years and all he need is to reside in italy, filing a paperwork and voila, "recall from loan".

but as OP asks, no one know how long the "awaiting paperwork" last in FM11.

how long would the paper work take? As shown in this thread it doesnt always happen right away, and again im not sure the game allows Ukraines to take a second nationality, they cannot in real life.

Currently starting my third season as Toronto FC, and Canadian rules allow for players to become citizens after 3 years in the country. I have a handful of players (6 or so) that are in line to obtain their citizenship; I believe 2 have succeeded as of April (arrived around the third week of January) and 3 are still waiting. 1 never learned basic English, so is inelligible. Shame that's it taking so long, as my roster deadline was at the beginning of March and I had to release one player (who was also in line to get citizenship) to meet the foreign player limits.

There's an issue with this thing, for sure.

First season, M.Diarra from Monaco. His contract his expiring and he has "awaiting paperwork". What would you do? Offer a contract? Waiting for paperwork before offering contract?

Well I waited, guess what? He was released from Monaco at the end of the season so now he's free agent with Mali nationality and not the French.

• 1 year later...

I have also a player whos "Awaiting paperwork" is starting be a issue, because i have 4 very good FNG players and i can register 3..

Shouldnt this be more less automatic in Fm? Is this intensional, that we need to wait for months and months to have it "proccessed".

Archived