Former Player Takeovers

I seen a thread on this last year with a few mad takeovers of former players to all different level clubs.

I'm currently in a one club career save with Juve and at the start of this season Buffon decided to retire but January has come about and he is the new Chairman of A.C. Milan!

I was shocked when i seen this and just wondered if anyone else has seen or had a takeover by a former player?

I had Javier Zanetti take over Sydney FC on FM 10. I thought it was a bit of an odd decision, unless an A-League club was the best he could afford.

Interesting. In my Melbourne Victory save he took over the club at around the same time! Seems he has a thing for the A-League...

More bizarrely, Gianluigi Buffon is currently the chairman of my struggling Croatian Second Division side!

I had Jamie Carragher take over at head honcho at Real Madrid in my last FM2010 save. Not Manager but the big boss of the club

Can you imagine him orchestrating an election campaign for president? No one outside Scouseland understands a word he says, how would the Madristas cope?????

In my save on FM11 had Sir Bobby Charlton takeover ManU in 2013 season...............A big cheer I hear from anti-glazier fans!!

I got the same thing!! And then they ran out of money and were banned from buying any players. Hah.

Archived