Players upset at a lack of dicepline from the manager...

in one and abit seasons ive had fabregas and van persie hand in transfer requests with the above been there main beef....and i'm not doing anything or saying much outrageous. so frustrating!!! and when trying to talk about it with them its just ended up in our relationships breaking down!! why?!?!

Only reason I can think off is I dont really do fines for red cards... is that enough tho??

I've had the same when i haven't warned or taken action for red cards. Personally I see no point warning or fining a player for a red card if the team still wins.

However after 2 of my players became unhappy with the lack of discipline I took a firmer line. One of my youth team missed a training and a match as it said he had a night out the night before, so i fined him a weeks wages and loads of the players kicked off for me being too harsh!

Guess you have to try and get the balance right, but it seems to be a fine line.

It's all good though, i'm not having a moan, I like it, makes it more challenging imo.

In the end released the youth players, he was cr@p anyway!

I usually warn players about their conduct when they get a red card, and so far they all accept their warnings and promise to behave. Only time I've had unhappy players is when I was disappointed we (Liverpool) only managed to win Bristol City with few shots on goal and going behind, and once a player reacted badly to a press conference but both got sorted.

Why? What happens if you don't?

They just keep playing bad. :)

Well a warning only, keeps them from getting angry, and avoid to **** anyone off...and at the end of the day, you did like he cracked that knee on Ronaldo anyways.:p

Unless he does it in important matches, then I cant help myself to fine him. Or continuously, that are not tolerated.

Archived