penalties ARRGGHHHH

In my Athletic Bilbao save I have been given 7 penalties in my current season, and missed all seven. I have had 3 or 4 different people take pens, and at least two of them are solid takers. In other saves where I play with lower reputation leagues, my teams have been almost as futile. Also, this year it is not uncommon for me to go to a penalty shootout just to have the final result be something like 3-2, and I think once it was even 2-1 in a short save I did with Wimbledon. It's insane.

Even with bad stats, though, the law of probability is such that missing still shouldn't be as common as it is.

I seem to be missing a ton of Pens with the patch. Interestingly, without the patch, I had a great conversion rate.

This is so true.

Prior to 11.1.1 PK's were missed left and right, had one player make 1 in 5, 3 misses and 1 save. Since 11.1.1 I've seen my team make all but 1 through the coarse of a season and a half.

Including my new 17 y/o rookie with 16 PK, 13 composure, and only 5 concentration. He's 3 for 3.

I'd make sure you guys have 11.1.1, because unless the PK chance is different between leagues (all but impossible, I'm sure) then it seems to have been fixed.

Nope, DEFINITELY still a bug.

I've had every single penalty taken against me this season missed, I haven't had any pens yet though. In other saves, Ibrahimovic and Pirlo would miss about 70% of their pens too.

It's a bit ridiculous now. I wish I could tell my players to do fouls in the box because I know the opposition will miss. Feels cheap when you win a game after the other team missed a penalty now.

I have the latest patch Martyr, and I may well be wrong, but there does seem to be a high ratio of misses from opposition penalty takers on my saves. I generally play with teams that start in the Dutch/German/French second divisions.

I have always felt that in all versions of FM, and before that CM, that your own penalty taker will miss the 'first' one or two he takes, but it is vital you stick with him as changing it means the next penalty taker will miss their first, and/or second, one they take. :)

I'm no longer interested in the whole SI is god or the devil boll**ks that gets jumped on here so say this is said with no agenda from me anymore.

I have the latest patch Martyr, and I may well be wrong, but there does seem to be a high ratio of misses from opposition penalty takers on my saves. I generally play with teams that start in the Dutch/German/French second divisions.

I have always felt that in all versions of FM, and before that CM, that your own penalty taker will miss the 'first' one or two he takes, but it is vital you stick with him as changing it means the next penalty taker will miss their first, and/or second, one they take. :)

I'm no longer interested in the whole SI is god or the devil boll**ks that gets jumped on here so say this is said with no agenda from me anymore.

Fair enough...

I'm the first one to jump up and say SI screwed something up if it really looks like it and I did complain about the PK's prior to 11.1.1 as well... all I know is they seem fine, my players and opponents are both making them the vast majority of the time. So if others aren't I couldn't imagine what the issue is, just know what I've experienced. *shrug*

Shrug indeed, it doesn't spoil my game either way. :) The realism of the result is good enough for me, how the result is achieved I have learned to take with a pinch of salt anyway. I normally lose/win/draw in the right ratio with the players, tactics, instructions I have and who they might be playing against.

Penalties are doing my head in, at times, as well.

Not just for my team(s) but looking at the opposition as well.

Not every penalty is being missed, and i don't have a number, but it sure feels like most of them are misses.

In FM11 the penalty score percentage is around 15%-20% only....

I lost a promotion and a semi final of Johnstone Paint Trophy due to missed penalties....... :mad:

This is not true. I have looked at last season's stats for my Prestatyn save (the 12-13 season) and the penalty making ratio was about 67% of attempts. Only one player made fewer than 50% of his attempts.

YMMV.

This is not true. I have looked at last season's stats for my Prestatyn save (the 12-13 season) and the penalty making ratio was about 67% of attempts. Only one player made fewer than 50% of his attempts.

YMMV.

I wish i had the same conversion rate as you mate :D

Ive just lost on a penalty shoot out and knocked out the cup. I selected the best penalty takers based on the penalty stat, composure stat, fitness in the match, confidence, personality and motivation. The ones that where best in these stats, who I put first all missed and the ones who where worse scored the penaltie. I put the best penalty takers first and the wost ones later on so that I could get a good start at the shootout. However the best ones missed. What got me more the ones who where nervous who took the pens (making them more nervous and having more pressure) scored. Really strange and seemed random

Archived