Classic Football Manager ?? Maybe an Idea ?? Read Please !!!!

I was sitting at work bored and waiting for this weekend to roll on for some intense drinking and fm when i thought how amazing would classic FM be ??

so what do i mean by classic FM ?

well a FM made up of all classic players, Zico, Shearer, Gascoigne, Shilton, Pele . . .etc!!!

Now obvo comparing these players to the likes of Ronaldo, Messi, Rooney, Torres etc, is impossible as back in the day of players like pele it was a completely different game but surly this would be an amazing concept? no ??

Now while i understand FM11 is far from perfect ! this would be something for them to consider in the future along side the release of a FM . . .

How would teams work ??

Well , my best idea would be for you to make a team at the start of a game with a kind of draw process or even a fantasy football kind of system where you have £X MILLION to spend on players and leagues are randomly assigned to the quality of your team ?

now while this would not work as a long term game it would make a excellent alternative or mini game alongside the normal FM !!!

so what do you si forumers think . . . ???

Si i am always available to share my ideas with you !

Really !!! I never knew of this ! however for si to make an official one along ioth the game i would defo pay an xtra £5 for it !

** EDT ** I do mean that kinda thing however neeeds to be the whole DB as a classic kinda game i reckon only one 10 team league would work but would be quite awesome to play along with normal FM !

can't see it happening but to get players like bergkamp, seaman, brady etc. would be awesome xD maybe when SI decide they have enough resources to get more people to work on that kinda aspect to the game, it will happen :D

yer, with the databases it has the old players but they start in the current year, so you would have an 18 year old Ian Rush for example at liverpool

Well what do you expect? A 49 year old?!

I think you're all underestimating the quality of the legends DB. Granted I've never actually tried it myself, but I have had a quick look and I think you'll find it is of surprisingly high quality and very comprehensive for a free, voluntary effort..

I think you're all underestimating the quality of the legends DB. Granted I've never actually tried it myself, but I have had a quick look and I think you'll find it is of surprisingly high quality and very comprehensive for a free, voluntary effort..

what on earth are you going on about? I was telling him how the database works and if you read post number 7 in this thread i am praising the FREE databases, i played 25 seasons of the legends db last year, maybe actually read my post before making out i am criticising something when i am actually praising it!

Would be cool if they did a special FM i.e. on their 10th anniversary of FM they released a 2005 database or even a 1992/3 database if we go back to their CM days.

Agreed. It would take a lot of work but it would be awesome to play in another time period. I was thinking of doing an update of the CM01/02 season and copying the database of that game onto FM11 but it would take waaaay to many hours to do it right (and I am a perfectionist).

Well I have tried it and it is excellent. No need for SI to worry about this, the community do an awesome job.

Archived