Would I be better starting FM10 or FM11 game now? Opinions welcome

I've been playing the game since CM1 on Amiga, I have played early versions of FM too and I think 08 was my last version. I am thinking about getting back to old habit. The thing is: I want to start now, and FM11 won't be "finally" patched until Feb or March I would imagine. So what would be a better choice for me: buy FM2010 and play it or FM 2011 as it is now? Are the new additions worth living with (I imagine) some annoying small bugs and balance problems (sorry SI guys, this has always been a case to some extent and it totally natural for a game like this).

I am going to play either Slask Wroclaw (Polish league) or Arsenal. I know these are totally different game types, but I am hoping to hear from both the ones who play EPL and smaller leagues.

Here's what is important to me (or what was a problem to me in older versions):

- generally AI in transfer market - does AI compete for well performing players, is it hard to keep a very good player at a weaker club or sign one for a top club?

- player happiness/morale and its connection to what is happening to the player, especially his squad status. Do squad statuses matter or do key players stay happy even if not played for months?

- tactical choices for the match - is there a big difference between the versions?

I would welcome any views.

Despite FM2011 as a "few" bugs to get it right, since i play FM2011 i never look back to FM2010 (version 10.3).

And i must say... for me FM2010.3 was just perfect... and in fact if the guys from SI didn't make any more game and just sit back and get fat... fine with me.

But they didn't do that.

They release FM2011, and despite the bugs... the little new things just make worth... at least for me.

I'm one of those who are waiting for the next patch so it's easy to realize which is my side. However I beg to stop these useless threads which directly or indirectly ask if it's wrong or right to wait for a patch or if the present version is better or worse than the previous one.

I've just started a new career on FM2010, and the only thing I really miss from FM2011 is the improved GUI.

And the specific training focus.

I'm waiting for the next parch to resume/restart my "official" save, so I suggest FM2010 so you won't "spoil" yourself the fun with the 2011 version. Nothing worse than starting a save, then abandoning it to fully enjoy the new patch and endig up buying the same players you had in the previous save..

I'm one of those who are waiting for the next patch so it's easy to realize which is my side. However I beg to stop these useless threads which directly or indirectly ask if it's wrong or right to wait for a patch or if the present version is better or worse than the previous one.

Don't dramatise it! If you don't want to share your opinion just leave the thread.

For me 2011 is a great step forward - Ive had no crashes or problems, no major bugs, after 6 seasons all the major players stuck with their tams for the most part (ie no rampant "transfer bug"). So for me its been a great few weeks, your experience may vary ;)

Really??? for me FM2010.3 had the best ME from all FM series!

And FM2011... is almost as good! With the next patch i'm sure will get even better that FM2010.3

1-FM10 has the crossing and heading bug which directly gives advantage to a team paying narrow against a winger tactic.

2-3 man defenses are bugged as your wingbacks/wingers play as fullbacks no matter what.

3- corner bug. no one marking the near post guy.

4- unrealistic freekicks.

its not poor but it certainly has many big faults. the best ME upto now is 9.3 and that version is what i recommend to thread starter. the only good thing that 10 offers and 09 doesnt is 1-better regens 2-tactic creator

Avoid FM11 like the plague- SI should be ashamed of releasing it in such an appalling state.

Be a bit more mature with your comments. You sound like a spoiled brat......

To the OP, I think u shud play fm11. It is a great game. And I am going tbh, i don't notice any major bugs. It is an outstanding game.

Be a bit more mature with your comments. You sound like a spoiled brat......

To the OP, I think u shud play fm11. It is a great game. And I am going tbh, i don't notice any major bugs. It is an outstanding game.

Oh please, considering you cannot even spell the word "should", I really dont see how you can accuse anyone of being immature. Fact is there is a major issue with the transfer system and player happiness. There are a miriad of threads about this- and its laughable to say that FM11 is outstanding. Utterly, utterly laughable- well it would be funny if SI hadnt released the game with such a game breaking bug.

Add to this that SI constantly do not give the FM fans a finished game until the 3rd patch and its obvious to see the disdain they have for their fanbase.

Fine if your happy to be mugged by them every year for an unfinished product, but some of us have higher standards.

What is this so called "game breaking bug" with the transfer system all about? I have not once seen it in the 4 save games I have played.

Well I guess your playing the lower leagues as the issue isnt as pronounced, or simply not paying attention:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/242442-Is-this-a-well-known-problem

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/240555-signing-players-on-a-free-seems-much-easier-in-this-edition

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/242368-Utterly-Stupid-Transfer-System

It completely ruins the game as any kind of challenge basically, and thats just 3 threads I know of. Now next time maybe do some research before labelling others.

Right now, FM10.3 > FM11

But...

The fact remains that FM11 is about 2 weeks away from fixing its issues. And after said issues are fixed, it will definitely be a much better game than FM10. If you want to buy something now, the obvious choice would be FM11. Unless of course, you don't need to care about money.

Seriously, why are people outraged that a newly released game has bugs? Is this your first time buying a game?

Get FM11 and wait for a couple of weeks untill patch 11.2 is out. Despite 10.3 is more polished than present FM11, there are still some new features (hopefully improved with the new patch) which make the game more fun.

This guy pretty much hits the nail on the head.

Potentially FM11 is the best FM yet but it does need some fixing. I too am waiting for the patch before starting a proper game, hopefully 11.2 will iron out most of the issues. The bugs aside, FM11 is a very, very good game.

Archived