Players struggling to increase their attributes

I have Southampton, and i have pretty much re-built the whole team into many young and talented players who are doing extremely well. We are pretty much walking over most teams, and my 17-22 year olds are playing the games of their lives. But their attributes seem to be stuck to the same level as they were at the beginning of the game.

Now i know Southampton doesn't have the best training facilities and coaches around, all at about the middle like 3 star. I know i personally created the training schedules and i'm not the best at it, but i did put a pretty good schedule for each position and they are all content/happy with their schedules. However, they should still at least be making A LITTLE progress due to the form they are going through, and they are not!

I have the likes of Chamberlain (17 years, 20 games, 6 goals, 11 assists) almost stuck at the exact same attributes, as are Chris Wood (19 years, 19 games, 13 goals), and Schneiderlin (21 years, 43 games, 9 goals, 13 assists) and several others such as Anicheve, Marrow, Efor, Eyjolfsson and Lallana all with an average rating of above 7.10 and great statistics.

I would greatly appreciate if you could help me with tips or actual data/information on how to fix this. I am a manager who plays for the long-term, getting hot prospects and building them up for the future. As such, the current state is really holding me back, unlike FM10 where i nurtured several future world-class stars with Notts Co. Though i had been using the Tug training schedules, but he ain't made any this time, and i found no good ones available.

Thank you in advance.

Sure they aren't close to their maximum potential already? Poor scouting stats might not give you accurate ideas. Even being young they can still be close, so one season won't be enough to see massive improvement, might just be slight improvements over the next 5-6 years.

What's the workload of your match preparation? That takes workload out of the regular training to the Match Preparation itself.

Ugghhh, the workload on Match Preparation is High, but i will make sure to lower that significantly now that you told me, thanks mate!

On the other hand, i put Defensive Positioning as the special focus area, and with such a high workload, it explains why i haven't conceded in over 400 minutes of football. :p But i still want more training.

Does having them train specific areas, new positions and new special moves count a lot towards less training? And what level of match preparation workload do you use?

I have it on the highest until everything is fluid on the tactics screen, then set it to very low to maintain the level of familarity of tactics.

And yes, training other positions,individual training focus and prefered moves, all of that takes workload out of the regular training.. i can't remember exactly how much, i think new position is 20%,individual focus is 10% and a PPM is also 20% out of the top of my head.

On the page where you set the individual training or new position, there's a little description of the workload on the bottom left corner.

Thanks Coentrao, i also uploaded the best schedule i found around these forums, so i am at least on level with most of the other managers. :p

And i put the MP to one above none too, as i have all three tactics at maximum fluid. Should i even put it at none?

Archived