Woodwork bug coming back?

I haven't played FM11 very much recently, only at the end of the first season, but i have noticed a lot of woodwork hits on weekly basis.

Anyone else having the same amount of woodwork?

P.S. It's not like it has effected my results much, as my Southampton team seem to be doing pretty well at League 1, but just wondering about the rest of the players, or if it was just a coincidence.

First of all, it's "affected", not "effected."

Second of all, woodwork is hit on a right regular basis in real life. Comes from trying to hit the corners, sides and top of the goalmouth. I suspect, though I don't know, that the rate of shots hitting the increasingly misnamed "woodwork" is higher as you move up in the quality of the league, since it takes an even more closely placed shot to be successful.

Thirdly, I'm not going to talk to you about my "wood" rates, tyvm!! :eek:

First of all, it's "affected", not "effected."

Second of all, woodwork is hit on a right regular basis in real life. Comes from trying to hit the corners, sides and top of the goalmouth. I suspect, though I don't know, that the rate of shots hitting the increasingly misnamed "woodwork" is higher as you move up in the quality of the league, since it takes an even more closely placed shot to be successful.

Thirdly, I'm not going to talk to you about my "wood" rates, tyvm!! :eek:

And what is all this farce about?

Archived